Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Action needs to get it together...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Red Hulk
    Career Member
    • Dec 19, 2012

Originally posted by drquest
    The group had suggested mail order C/A figures that were either nude or came with shorts on. At retail that wouldn't probably work, but as a direct order it would.
    That's not a bad idea that's what the GIjoe club does with their club figure.

Comment

• levyguy
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 4, 2009

I've been really hoping they would bring back Action Boy and uniform sets for him like Ideal had, and that the DC sets would become a reality.
      Reading some of the comments here leads me to believe that sales on the line have been poor, leading to the delay in the Superman & Batman sets. It seems we may not see those sets let alone Action Boy.
      I like the idea of mail order figures at a reduced price point and the accessory sets. However, if the DC sets ever get released that should give the line a good sales boost.

Comment

• Mego MkIV
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 9, 2013

Originally posted by levyguy
        I've been really hoping they would bring back Action Boy and uniform sets for him like Ideal had, and that the DC sets would become a reality.
        Reading some of the comments here leads me to believe that sales on the line have been poor, leading to the delay in the Superman & Batman sets. It seems we may not see those sets let alone Action Boy.
        I like the idea of mail order figures at a reduced price point and the accessory sets. However, if the DC sets ever get released that should give the line a good sales boost.
        I'm with you on the DC sets but if they have to re-submit the last 2 Marvel sets from last year it doesn't sound hopeful.

Comment

• levyguy
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 4, 2009

They should have released the Superman and Batman sets this year.

Comment

• levyguy
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 4, 2009

I have a feeling the CA line is reaching the end of the line unfortunatly.

Comment

• Robin NY
              Museum Super Collector
              • Nov 13, 2008

man I hope ** wrong, that Fleisher Superman looked awesome and this may be the end of him for all time

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

I think what they do (or don't do) over the next six months will pretty much tell the story. Momentum is a big ingredient in getting your name out there and making product people want. They started out with the right licensing for costumes, but have progressively diluted the image by branching into areas that thematically don't fit the concept - A comic that was horribly misdirected with sexual overtones; A cartoon promotion that looks like it's designed for pre-schoolers; and now they want to make the figure into a GI Joe adventurer? All of this chaotic messenging has given the product a very ambiguous appearance that makes it hard to sell. So they have a serious branding problem right now. And as much as they might think using the KISS philosophy of selling everything with a logo attached to it is the way to spread the word, they haven't put enough time into the figure and costumes to warrant that kind of merchandising. So it appears they've spread their financial resources too thin. Mix that with the delays and now they're behind the curve in releasing their product timely. These Iron Man and Wolverine costume sets should have been put out before or during the theatrical releases. By the time Round 2 gets these out, demand will be at a minimum since the movies will be gone from the theaters and other product lines, like the '66 Batman license, will be hot. So how can they finance a DC line if they're sitting here losing money on a late entry from a Marvel line that's gone cold? I think it will take a small miracle if these sets actually see the light of day. Round 2 is definitely behind the eight ball right now.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

At retail this thing is clogging up shelves. Lots of Cap uniforms and Dr. Evil's
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

There was also a lot of cunfusion apparently from people who weren't familiar with the CA concept. They weren't even aware you needed to purchase the figure and costumes individually. A small free brochure/catalog in the toy aisles would have been a good idea.

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      There was also a lot of cunfusion apparently from people who weren't familiar with the CA concept. They weren't even aware you needed to purchase the figure and costumes individually. A small free brochure/catalog in the toy aisles would have been a good idea.
                      It never helped that Toys R Us always put the costumes in a different isle from the figures. Almost every store I went into was like that.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• drquest
                        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                        • Apr 17, 2012

Captain Action at SDCC...

2013-Invite-Blog2.jpg
                        Danny(Drquest)
                        Captain Action HQ
                        Retro shirts and stuff
                        More retro shirts
                        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

It never helped that Toys R Us always put the costumes in a different isle from the figures. Almost every store I went into was like that.
                          You're right about that...I even mentioned that to one of their associates, who obviously didn't give a crap.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Funny, at the TRU here they are together.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

Captain Action at SDCC...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6943[/ATTACH]
                              Boy that cartoon looks like BLEEP. Don't they realize us old farts that are buying these silver age sets have zero interest in anime kiddie crap?

Comment

• enyawd72
                                Maker of Monsters!
                                • Oct 1, 2009

BTW Dr. Quest or Thunderbolt...did either of you guys pick up the Arctic CA, and has the head turned grey on yours? Mine is full on zombie grey after just six months.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎