Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Action needs to get it together...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by enyawd72
    What I'm afraid is going to happen, is that Wolverine and Iron Man are going to come out, but without a retail outlet to move them, they won't sell enough to make the upcoming DC sets happen. I hope I'm wrong.
    At this point they will not have a retail outlet for the Iron Man and Wolverine costumes. Retailers are begging for Batman stuff, so the next series shouldn't have an issue with retail, but you never know.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by drquest
      At this point they will not have a retail outlet for the Iron Man and Wolverine costumes. Retailers are begging for Batman stuff, so the next series shouldn't have an issue with retail, but you never know.
      I hope you're right. Production delays aside, I think the figures we've gotten so far are some of the best ever done. I love my Spidey, Cap, Thor, and Loki. I desperately want to add more to my collection, so although I'm not happy with the way things are turning out at the moment, I'm not about to wish failure upon them. I truly WANT them to succeed.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Captain Action by himself is just plain stupid...nobody cares about a generic character.The Saving grace are the costumes,though I agree that Captain Action just does not appeal to the modern day kids..Round 2 will be lucky if they even get the Batman/Superman outfits out

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I have to say every scenario offered points to bad messaging as the culprit for poor sells. Ed and Joe completely diluted the CA image and thinned out their financial resources by trying to be something to everyone. What they got was nothing to no one. And Teemu is right. CA by himself will not survive this marketplace. We currently have a massive surplus of Captain Action figures sitting at TRU stores nationwide. A sign that TRU was clearly committed to stocking them. Did anyone see this with the DC Retro Action figures? No...So how can anyone blame TRU for passing on wave three, when they're drowning in unsold merchandise from last Christmas? And a big part of that reason is because Round 2 did not follow through and stock shelves with new costumes to sell these figures. So TRU got completely screwed on the deal by buying a crap load of figures with no costumes to sell them. I don't understand how anyone can be sympathetic to Joe and Ed when they clearly did not have their ducks in a row, but continued to string on both vendors and customers with false release dates that they clearly knew they could not meet. So instead of owning up to it, they try to paint one of the companies left holding the most merchandise as the bad guy? C'mon.

Comment

• Robin NY
            Museum Super Collector
            • Nov 13, 2008

I really hope they survive, didn;t care much for Cap or Spidey but LUVED Thor and Loki, and was amped about the Fleisher Superman

Comment

• levyguy
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 4, 2009

Things don't look to well for the release of the Superman and Batman sets. I hope they get released. Sadly, the Captain Action line is going to have just a short run again.
              it needs to be done exactly as Ideal did it and with total financial focus on producing the figures, outfit sets and accessories and then heavily promoting them.

Comment

• jacoblb
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2009

Cool. Looks like he'll be back in June. I have a nekkid figure ready to dress up as Ultra Man.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/c...traman-outfit/

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

outstanding!

Comment

• drquest
                    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                    • Apr 17, 2012

Pretty cool I think.
                    Danny(Drquest)
                    Captain Action HQ
                    Retro shirts and stuff
                    More retro shirts
                    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• KLAATU
                      Museum Patron
                      • Feb 3, 2009

I'll get it.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Interesting idea for sure since my love of the original Ultraman is infinite. Alas the ordering details are in...Japanese. Is this a regional release only?

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

That's pretty wild. It makes me long for the Playing Mantis days.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

If this isn't stupid expensive or hard to get, I'm definitely down for it. Medicom know what they're doing.

Comment

• darkmonkeygod
                              Career Member
                              • Sep 5, 2005

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                              If this isn't stupid expensive or hard to get, I'm definitely down for it. Medicom know what they're doing.
                              While there's precedent for Medicom Premium Club items to be offered through Diamond in the US, the info I've seen about getting it from Medicom (and only in Japan) is that it's 13,824 yen which, depending on the market, is around $120 USD.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎