X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Anyone reviewed the Billy Quizboy yet?

Would like to see a review and some pics of this figure. I plan on picking him up but in a holding pattern at the moment.
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

Well; he is on a kid body - as he should be - but his noggin is so huge, he is about the same height as a regular figure. Sort of the oversized head issue taken to a new level. Beyond that, his outfit is great, his robot hand is painted, and he comes with a duct-taped shrink ray gun.

Bottom line. Fun figure, but you gotta be able to overlook the huge head.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Btw, I think I still owe you a bit from the buck rogers/ ghostbusters swap. Shoot me a pm if'n you want to use that towards a quizboy.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I don't think the oversized head would bother me that much. Considering how big his head is on the show.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

He's a Fantastic Figure.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

The head is HUGE but I recall BBP saying that the show creators wanted it large. It's a great figure.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
              Career Member
              • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Chris
              The head is HUGE but I recall BBP saying that the show creators wanted it large. It's a great figure.
              Absolutely correct on this one. Yes, we've mistakenly had larger heads on some of our figures, but not on this one. Cartoon Network mandated that it be this size, so it's correct.
              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
              bifbangpow.com
              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

FYI, In a Season 2 episode Billy had a "Rusty Venture" lunch box that was very similar to the BBP SDCC exclusive tin tote.

Two/three episodes ago Saint Claire complains about being "sniped on a Rusty Venture Mego doll". I laughed and laughed.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎