Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

For those who want the Mattel line, I HOPE this does not turn into another endless search to find things. Another reason why I stray from their product lines. They make it so hard to get the products you want. It's as if they enjoy catering to the scalpers. For me, if there's new product you want, it should be easily obtainable between online and walkin stores. Mattel just makes you work too hard. A good example is that Alfred figure from the DKR series. I was NEVER able to get one while the movie was new. And I refuse to pay a scalper price to get it. So I just gave up and moved on. When my hobby becomes an exercise in frustration over obtaining something NEW, I reevaluate that product line and move on to something else. It's not worth the hassle with so many other folks wanting my collector dollar.

Comment

• BlackKnight
      The DarkSide Customizer
      • Apr 16, 2005

^^^ I'd never Buy Any Alfred, in and Shape or Scale,... Like Ever.
      ... But Seriously ...
      Thus Far all Matty 66 Figures have been able to be had Via Pre-orders...
      ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• megonaught
        Career Member
        • Jan 29, 2008

Well
        I paid the 41.00 for the bbts batman and robin two Pk and that's because I live nowhere near a target or toys r us.
        Now if I can get the batmobile for a non scalper price I am gonna do it otherwise "scalpers go to hell"
        I am not paying your prices.
        Action Jackson is his name.
        Bold adventure is his game.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
          ^^^ I'd never Buy Any Alfred, in and Shape or Scale,... Like Ever.
          ... But Seriously ...
          Thus Far all Matty 66 Figures have been able to be had Via Pre-orders...
          I didn't want the figure. Just the last piece for my Bat-signal that was included with him.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

MC did his review of the figures. Surprisingly his typical enthusiasm for this scale did not influence his ratings much. He gave them pretty low grades on sculpt, paint apps, and basic design.

Mattel 1966 Batman & Robin 2 pack action figures - Another Pop Culture Collectible Review by Michael Crawford, Captain Toy

Comment

• BlackKnight
              The DarkSide Customizer
              • Apr 16, 2005

... They really don't look that Great Next to DCU Classics.
              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

measurementslisted as: 17.75" x Width 6.25" x Height 5.25"
                that is bigger than the mego car.
                is it designed for the 6 inch figures?
                can you squeeze a mego in?

BK - you are right, though it would be nice to have saved 10 bucks on everything in life, it is nice to just be done.

me, i will probably get it eventually. right now, i just don't have 10 let alone 50 to set aside for it.

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 15, 2010

Target.com is showing the Batmobile in stock at $49.99. It's the same stock photo as the Mattel version, but the listed dimensions are different. I went ahead and ordered it anyway (as it can be returned at any Target store, per the site). Add something else to your order to make it over $50 and you get free shipping. Sales tax applies.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Woof. Not impressed at all. I didn't pre-order, but figured I'd impulse buy 'em once I saw them at TRU. No chance of that now, though. Paint apps are poor, the articulation looks wonky, and the huge tags sewn into the capes - WTH? I'll save my money for Hot Toys - way more expensive, but worth it.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Any news on a second series?
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• kerowack
                        Career Member
                        • Feb 27, 2008

Got the price match at toys r us. Brought my receipt and they refunded me 10.86.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Got my Batman and Robin two pack tonight. The twisty tie bat rope kinda bites but other than that I think the figures are awesome. Already trimmed the tags off the capes. Looks great.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Target.com is showing the Batmobile in stock at $49.99. It's the same stock photo as the Mattel version, but the listed dimensions are different. I went ahead and ordered it anyway (as it can be returned at any Target store, per the site). Add something else to your order to make it over $50 and you get free shipping. Sales tax applies.
                            Thanks for the head's up. I took a chance and ordered one from Target too. My wife has a Target red card, so shipping was free anyway, and it took 5% off the price.

We'll see if it shows up or not!

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Barnabas Collins
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              Thanks for the head's up. I took a chance and ordered one from Target too. My wife has a Target red card, so shipping was free anyway, and it took 5% off the price.

We'll see if it shows up or not!

Chris
                              Mine arrived from Target.com today---very fast shipping--and yes, it is the Mattel Batmobile! Very surprised at how large it is.

Barnabas Collins

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

^Awesome! Thanks so much for posting you ordered AND received this! Obviously this goes to show Mattel has NO idea what they are doing, or talking about. They still had info from San Diego saying the car was a TRU exclusive!

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎