X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Dear Ivsniski,

Please share a tutorial whenever you can on how you re-strung these... I follow the tutorial from the Mego Museum and never get your results... Then of course it can be me, not the tutorial but would like to give it a shot to your technique...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Boywonder0
      Dear Ivsniski,

Please share a tutorial whenever you can on how you re-strung these... I follow the tutorial from the Mego Museum and never get your results... Then of course it can be me, not the tutorial but would like to give it a shot to your technique...

Thanks in advance!
      Sure no problem, this Sunday i'll put up my first Tutorial explaining my Technique for re-stringing Doc Mego, Type 2 and Bif Bang Pow's Swivel arm body that sells for $7 at Doc Megos site. To me the Doc Mego body and the aforementioned bodies are the best to re-string because of the friction you get in the arm + leg region (upper and lower torso socket area). The friction helps with the poseability. Back in the days I started with #64 size rubber bands. However, they only lasted about 1 year. The elastic string that i currently use has been in my action figures for many years now. In terms of re-stringing these bodies...I'm specific to my liking for example, for holding rifles and machine guns i prefer the BBP swivel arm (for my Cowboys, POTA and AJ figures), and the regular Doc Mego body for Star Trek and Mego Superheroes. However, if you don't want to deal with rubber bands, the Type S body is 2nd to none...Simply the best.

My Re-stringing version gives the action figure the dual feel of a Type 1 and a type 2 Mego body...for the poser collector at heart. Hence, the picture below showing full ROM on a re-strung Doc Mego body using the 'Out of Print' swivel arms that Castawaytoys use to sell (those were cool). Additionally, another key element with restringing these bodies is the "Arm Loop" near the arm/torso socket. I'll be more specific on my Tutorial on Sunday. Until then.....Vaya Bayomon

Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 18, '18, 5:50 PM.

Comment

• cdhall
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2004

Originally posted by Ivaniski
        Type S body is 2nd to none...Simply the best.
        That settles that for me. Thanks Ivaniski!
        —-
        “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
        - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
        - Captain Spock
        https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• kept back
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 2, 2002

Are these still gong to be a thing?
          Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by kept back
            Are these still gong to be a thing?
            bot from EMCE. but Mego said they have a bandless body in development. probably the same one since Dr Mego is involved

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎