Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madcap70
    • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by cdhall
    That was the 5 for $20 pack of bodies with flashing that one guy said all needed to be restrung?
    Yep all of them I used tape on my figures waist to see if it worked and it did but they need to be re-strung

Comment

• Ivaniski
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 24, 2007

Yep...I purchased them too, they all had plastic flakes in arms and legs. I had to remove the flakes and re-string them all...but now they look great and have the articulation of a Type S body.

Comment

• Liu Bei
        Banned
        • Mar 31, 2018

Originally posted by Ivaniski
        Yep...I purchased them too, they all had plastic flakes in arms and legs. I had to remove the flakes and re-string them all...but now they look great and have the articulation of a Type S body.
        What did you use to restring them and where do you get it? I'm always looking to do things better.

Comment

• cdhall
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2004

...Type S body.
          I found that on Kickstarter, it’s 5 years old now? What happened with the Type S body and why would they do that in China if that’s where the problem started by having their molds stolen?

They don’t watch Shark Tank? Build them in Detroit. You would get immediate life-long customers I’d think.
          —-
          “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock?”
          - Admiral Kirk

"...surely, the best of times."
          - Captain Spock
          https://youtu.be/tOtKcJtahKQ

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

made in the USA would cost double or triple or more, that's why. If you can even find a plastics molding company here. Type S is still for sale at the 8 inch super store that appears to be down for maintenance right now.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

American factories won't even take the order. China will begrudgingly accept a low run of figures, but they also don't much worry about how good they come out.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                Permanent Member
                • May 15, 2009

Type-S already has lifelong customers, lol.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Liu Bei
                  What did you use to restring them and where do you get it? I'm always looking to do things better.
                  I utilize elastic string purchased at Michael's or any craft shop. Then I
                  string them up using a tried and true method i've used for over 40 years. I'll try to put a Tutorial up soon.

This is a Regular Doc Mego body...After re-stringing it's comparable to the Type S body with multiple articulation minus the swivel arms. However, the Type S body by Castaway toys is an "Awesome" product.

Here's a Gorn i've re-strung for a member at the Museum. The others are my personal figures that I restrung for my kids...they stood the test of time (Many years of play time).

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 17, '18, 6:28 AM.

Comment

• Madcap70
                    • Dec 4, 2017

I utilize elastic string purchased at Michael's or any craft shop. Then I
                    string them up using a tried and true method i've used for over 40 years. I'll try to put a Tutorial up soon.

This is a Regular Doc Mego body...After re-stringing it's comparable to the Type S body with multiple articulation minus the swivel arms. However, the Type S body by Castaway toys is an "Awesome" product.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23204[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23205[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23206[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]23207[/ATTACH]
                    Yes a tutorial would be so helpful...

Comment

• cdhall
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 14, 2004

Ivaniski!

I’ve PMd you.

But where did that head come from and what about the black and silver/gold phaser and com?
                      —-
                      - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

• Ivaniski
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 24, 2007

Hey, cdhall...How you doin'?
                        Here's a few more figures i re-strung awhile back. The kids and i really enjoy the ROM we get with every figure.

Here's a Gorn i've re-strung for a member at the Museum. The others are my personal figures that I restrung for my kids...they stood the test of time (Many years of play time).

The Phasers and Phaser rifle are from (i believe) an old Toysrus exclusive TOS Star Trek bridge set. I think you could find it on Ebay.

All of these were re-strung by yours truly. The elastic string is durable and great for poses and/or flying about.

Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 17, '18, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                          Persistent Member
                          • Apr 28, 2013

Those are some great looking pictures, Ivaniski. Really captures the "action figure" part of these toys.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 24, 2007

Originally posted by Starroid Raiders Dagon
                            Those are some great looking pictures, Ivaniski. Really captures the "action figure" part of these toys.
                            Thank you...Just uploaded a few more Doc Mego bodies (see below) i Re-strunged years ago.

[IMG]Me (Ivaniski) and the red shirt crew guarding my scratch build Galileo Shuttle Craft.... [/IMG]
                            Last edited by Ivaniski; Jul 18, '18, 4:22 PM.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

I love the Star Trek display, but the blue eye Superman is gorgeous.

Comment

• cdhall
                                Persistent Member
                                • Aug 14, 2004

Somehow I just saw the Galileo pic with the Security team!
                                Very nice!
                                —-
                                - Admiral Kirk

- Captain Spock

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍