X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Lee
    The Fix-it-up Chappie
    • Jun 10, 2002

UPDATE #1
    Here is the new design for the 40th anniversary t-shirt.

also in black

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I would LOVE to see Castaway get the license for Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit. With the three movies coming out, (one last Christmas, two more to go), they are BEGGING to be made into action figures. Who wouldn't want a Gandalf?

Or, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. None of the figures done in this license has really appealed to me, due to posing issues, expense and lack of availability. We could get Buffy, Angel, Spike, Xander, Anya, Giles, Willow, etc.

We could get interchangeable heads for the vampire figures, one in game face, and the other with a more human appearance.

Or, the Addams family (classic mind you.) Morticia, Gomez, Uncle Fester, etc. (although Lurch would have to be a 12" figure. And cousin Itt would have to be either child sized or teen sized.)
      JediJaida

Comment

• SciFiGuyLA
        Museum Patron
        • Feb 11, 2009

Personally, the thing I'd want to see happen most of all is the 8" Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon.

However, there's a prototype Cast-A-Way started and never finished that I'd love see happen. That was Nosferatu. I was super jazzed about that figure when it was announced!

Comment

• jimsmegos
          Mego Dork
          • Nov 9, 2008

Licensed properties would be great for sure but I would truly LOVE to see more of the original monsters you guys did.

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Nosferatu is a personal goal for me... I have wanted this for a long time and it just never came to fruition. When I saw Salem's lot as a kid it deeply scared me and changed how I thought about vampires. Not slick, cheesy dudes with grease back hair... this guy was real. When I finally saw Nosferatu years laer it was undeniable where the inspiration came from for Mr. Barlow... to say i want to make this figure is a galactic understatement

Originally posted by SciFiGuyLA
            Personally, the thing I'd want to see happen most of all is the 8" Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon.

However, there's a prototype Cast-A-Way started and never finished that I'd love see happen. That was Nosferatu. I was super jazzed about that figure when it was announced!

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

I would love to start up with the classic monsters that where done and the prototypes:

Last edited by monitor_ep; Jun 27, '13, 10:48 AM.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

We still need a classic blue suit Phantom! The Phantom really was the crown jewel in the Cast-A-Way collection. It still commands big bucks on the secondary market. There's still a lot that can be done with this license. It would be nice to have a Diana Palmer Walker figure. A female Phantom would be great too. Plenty of generations variants possibilities. A Tom Tyler and/or Billy Zane Phantom would be Amazing!

I really love all of the old pulp magazine/serial characters.

I've wanted a Kolchak: The Night Stalker figure for 40 years.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

I agree with Nosferatu being one of the scariest things in filmdom. I remember seeing the original black and white movie as a kid, and it scared me to the point where I couldn't go to sleep unless the lights were on.

That pointy bald head, buck teeth that happen to be fangs, loooooong fingers with dirty fingernails, and as pale as a worm; oh yeah! That's freaking scary.

So therefore, it will sell like hotcakes.
                  JediJaida

Comment

• sprytel
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 26, 2009

I didn't see any mention of the hands... are they going to be the softer CAW/Zica style hands that I so love?

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by sprytel
                      I didn't see any mention of the hands... are they going to be the softer CAW/Zica style hands that I so love?
                      Soft and pliable? Then yes, and the beauty is they will be 100 percent compatable with existing CAW and ZICA hands and DM and CTVT and vintage MEGO!

Give yourself a hand!

Dave

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

I'd like to say that I'm really happy to see how excited people are about the Type "S" body, the Kickstarter campaign seems to be going really well. I also want to say that regarding this new partnership between our companies, Cast-a-Way Toys and ZICA Toys, Dave and I are in it to win it! If this Kickstarter campaign isn't successful this will only cause a delay in our business plans, not the demise of our partnership. However, a successful Kickstarter campaign will definitely help us get the cool stuff made for you a lot faster!

Craig

Comment

• David Lee
                          The Fix-it-up Chappie
                          • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
                          I'd like to say that I'm really happy to see how excited people are about the Type "S" body, the Kickstarter campaign seems to be going really well. I also want to say that regarding this new partnership between our companies, Cast-a-Way Toys and ZICA Toys, Dave and I are in it to win it! If this Kickstarter campaign isn't successful this will only cause a delay in our business plans, not the demise of our partnership. However, a successful Kickstarter campaign will definitely help us get the cool stuff made for you a lot faster!

Craig
                          What he said

Comment

• Boywonder0
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 29, 2007

Puerto Rico signing in... Go David Lee & go Craig!
                            Last edited by Boywonder0; Jun 27, '13, 9:11 PM.

Comment

• AcroRay
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 17, 2005

Really pleased to see this! Whoo hoo!

And CLEAR bodies... like Time Travelers. I'll have to share this with my Micronauts pals....
                              Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
                              AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
                              The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
                              Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jul 24, 2009

I'm officially in! I hope this works out. I am looking forward to getting some new improved bodies!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎