Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

I have some concerns regarding the 'wishbone' design of the hip insert. All torque will be applying pressure directly to the hole in the center. Is this design durable enough to withstand it?
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Yayyy!! No strings or rubberbands. That is the big step towards better bodies. No one has gotten that right since Mego(well except Castaway, the old bodies were done right stringing wise)
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by B-Lister
        I have some concerns regarding the 'wishbone' design of the hip insert. All torque will be applying pressure directly to the hole in the center. Is this design durable enough to withstand it?
        It's something be fussed with quite a bit, we wanted to stay away from a sonic welded pelvis. We also wanted as much rotational articulation in the hips as we could get. This is kind of a compramise for what Craig had originally designed (he's got this stuff down!). It should be fine, material wise the tensile strength is fairly high and with a little bit of flex it should withstand vigorous play... er I mean posing

Rest assured though we will be testing the fire out of the production samples... we want let anything go if we arn't 100 percent happy.

Dave

Excellent question by the way!

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

I have to ask the naive question about kickstarters - if the goal is not reached, what happens to the money; or does money not exchange hands until the goal is reached?
          I love the new body design and hope it becomes fruitful for you guys.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

HOLY SHEET-AH!

I'm beyond excited to hear about this. And you want some license suggestions David? Well you got'em brotha. My first requires NO GUESS on your part I'm sure...

1) BRING BACK THE PHANTOM! To me, this character should always be a staple of Castaway's. He was done so well and was given such care with the variants, the throne, and the villains. I would love to see, at least, the hero himself return. Maybe a movie variant this time? Some food for thought.

2) Lost in Space - I think this is a vastly untapped license. When you look at all of the characters and villains, I find it hard to believe this line could fail. If figure lines like the Twilight Zone can be consistent sellers, I have to believe this show can as well.

3)Battle of the Planets (Gatchaman)- Again, a vastly untapped license that has legions of fans all over the planet. Japan also released a trailer for a film they're making. The market is ripe for merchandise!

4) Arnold and Sly figures - For all of the stuff we see from Neca and Hot Toys, I don't see anyone chasing after an 8 inch variety for these two actors. How about a Terminator? A Rocky? Imagine the added characters from that film? Where's Rambo? Barney Ross? Predator? Cobra? There is so much you could mine from a base figure and make into many different characters. I think this license would find buyers from all over.

5) Kolchak -The Night Stalker. I thought we might have been close when BBP put out the Six Mill line. I thought that actor could have been a nice figure to sell with both licenses since he was part of the original concept that became the Oscar Goldman character. But I think this could be a nice short run figure. Maybe as a seasonal release during the Fall or Halloween? Maybe throw in the Strangler as a villain for him? Lots of fun ideas there.

Well there are some starters. But whatever you guys put out, I will certainly support. And I will put my money where my mouth is. You have my support.
            Last edited by MIB41; Jun 27, '13, 8:26 AM.

Comment

• David Lee
              The Fix-it-up Chappie
              • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by noelani72
              I have to ask the naive question about kickstarters - if the goal is not reached, what happens to the money; or does money not exchange hands until the goal is reached?
              I love the new body design and hope it becomes fruitful for you guys.
              Kick Starter is all or nothing Chadster... nobody gets charged unless we reach our goal. No risk! just reward for commitment up front. It's really a neat concept. If you love a project and throw in with the developers you get rewarded. We really wanted to make our rewards something people would actually want... more like a pre-order. Kick Starter puts a lot of restrictions on what we can offer so we had to get creative.

but bottom line is if we don't reach our goal the backers PAY NOTHING, but if we do you get the afore mentioned goodies!

Dave

Comment

• noelani72
                27inaleon
                • Jun 25, 2002

that is a pretty neat concept, I've never really followed kick starters...this will be my first ;-)

Comment

• rykerw1701
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 27, 2007

The figure looks to be a step forward, and that's always exciting. What would really put me over the top though would be a ball/neck change. That's been lacking on every 8 inch figure, and it so limits posing potential. That's more important to me than any other improvement. The sticking point I'd think would be to make the neck compatible with other heads, but I would think it could be done.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                    Verbose Member
                    • Mar 7, 2004

I'll throw my hat into the ring with some ideas for figures for this puppy!

1. Lone Ranger - Cast-A-Way's unfinished business, part 1! We need the Ranger and Tonto at the very least. Butch Cavendish and others would be gravy. Classic style first, and if they can look like Moore and Silverheels, the happier I'll be!

2. Green Hornet - See above!

3. The Phantom - The Ghost Who Walks needs to return, like Tom said. The crown jewel in the Cast-A-Way line for sure.

4. Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon - This figure is too epic to exist only in prototype form. And we need a Middleton Ming, dagnabbit!

5. Hanna Barbera Heroes - SPAAAACCCCEEE GHHHOOOSSSTTT!!!! Mightor, Birdman, Herculoids, Blue Falcon! These guys NEED to be made in 8" format. It's criminal no one has done it yet.

Chris
                    sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
                      The Fix-it-up Chappie
                      • Jun 10, 2002

Are you phsychic? are you bugging my phone?

It's already in the works! this is another of our body modifications. It's a ball neck that you place in place of the head, and it has the bll joint on top so a neckless head can be place on top like Famous Covers, Marvel Legends and even old Big Jim back in the day... We are these making modifications to equip you guys with everything you need to make a better figure.

Dave

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                      The figure looks to be a step forward, and that's always exciting. What would really put me over the top though would be a ball/neck change. That's been lacking on every 8 inch figure, and it so limits posing potential. That's more important to me than any other improvement. The sticking point I'd think would be to make the neck compatible with other heads, but I would think it could be done.

Comment

• hedrap
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 10, 2009

Dude. That's crazy. I shot you that PM before the Kickstarter link was working. It's almost identical to what I was hoping would be attempted.

The fact you're trying to merge Zica quality into a T2 is fantastic. ZICA is as if Bowen decided to make a figure; fantastic design but complicated pricepoint.

And the focus on BAF is exactly what's needed. Everything else - cards, custom suits, etc... can be provided by members who've got those aspects fine-tuned.

If you guys can thread this needle...huge.

I'm down.

Comment

• David Lee
                          The Fix-it-up Chappie
                          • Jun 10, 2002

I'll take three of each pease!

You are copying right out of the playbook Chris... these and these type of figures are right where we are headed. I have always felt there was so much left on the table that we ddn't get to... I'll have to post the Phantom Generations Pirate we prototyped. King Features was down with it too... It was inspired by Moonstone's 1st annual Phantom comic and it's pretty dang cool!

Dave

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I'll throw my hat into the ring with some ideas for figures for this puppy!

1. Lone Ranger - Cast-A-Way's unfinished business, part 1! We need the Ranger and Tonto at the very least. Butch Cavendish and others would be gravy. Classic style first, and if they can look like Moore and Silverheels, the happier I'll be!

3. The Phantom - The Ghost Who Walks needs to return, like Tom said. The crown jewel in the Cast-A-Way line for sure.

4. Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon - This figure is too epic to exist only in prototype form. And we need a Middleton Ming, dagnabbit!

5. Hanna Barbera Heroes - SPAAAACCCCEEE GHHHOOOSSSTTT!!!! Mightor, Birdman, Herculoids, Blue Falcon! These guys NEED to be made in 8" format. It's criminal no one has done it yet.

Chris

Comment

• David Lee
                            The Fix-it-up Chappie
                            • Jun 10, 2002

I know Right?! This is exactly where we want to go... Imagine the custom forearms and lower legs! Hairy, lizard, zombie... all swapable and fully articulated! Once we get this body done we can focus on more and more body modifications, though I am sure the talented folks here will run wit the ball long before we can. How about a true BAF within a line of figures! You buy the completed figures and get a whole exclusive figure for supporting the line... This is all within our grasp! I know I get a little excited about action figures but this is pretty cool stuff!

Dave

Originally posted by hedrap
                            Dude. That's crazy. I shot you that PM before the Kickstarter link was working. It's almost identical to what I was hoping would be attempted.

The fact you're trying to merge Zica quality into a T2 is fantastic. ZICA is as if Bowen decided to make a figure; fantastic design but complicated pricepoint.

And the focus on BAF is exactly what's needed. Everything else - cards, custom suits, etc... can be provided by members who've got those aspects fine-tuned.

If you guys can thread this needle...huge.

I'm down.

Comment

• megowgsh
                              Customego HoF Curator
                              • Nov 19, 2003

Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• monitor_ep
                                Talkative Member
                                • May 11, 2013

I would also add to the list:

6. Captain Action and Dr. Evil
                                Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎