X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • livnxxxl
    Megoholic RocketScientist
    • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by Hulk
    I would love to see the WGSH line revived with all new sculpts and outfits, and of course, new characters.

As far as a line never done, Star Wars would be the biggest nostalgic line I would like to see get the Mego treatment.
    You hit the nail right on the head.
    Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 14, 2008

MOAR MONSTERS! and jason and arrganots, sinbad, clash of the titans!

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• monkey tennis
        "Kiss my face."
        • Jun 8, 2007

My Name is Earl line of toys would be cool. Earl could have his list.
        "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

Worlds Greatest Super Heroes

Three Musketeers

Daniel Boone (who wouldn't want a Mego Mingo figure)

Terminator

Classic Cowboys — Searcher's John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Elli Wallach, High Noon Gary Cooper, Shane Alan Ladd and ect.

Tombstone

Lonesome Dove

Monster Squad

Harry Potter

Lord of the Rings

Dark Shadows

Huck Finn, Jim, Pap, Tom Sawyer, Becky Thatcher and Injun Joe

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Iron_fox85
            MOAR MONSTERS!
            ^^ What he said
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• drmego
              EMCE Toys
              • Jun 15, 2001

This seems to be the favorite game of all mego fans. Every one I talk to - be they fan or pro - has their dream list of what they want to see mego-ized.

I have been telling people at Toy Fair that when Mego went out of business,
              it was like the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn. It was a sad ending to a great
              history. I compare EMCE Toys bringing back mego to the Dodgers coming
              back to Brooklyn.

Play ball.
              www.drmego.com
              www.megoman.com
              www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• fumetti
                • Feb 12, 2008

1 - ROBERT E HOWARD ---- Conan, Kull, Red Sonja (Dynamite might give you rights to the Marvel design), Solomon Kane!

2 - DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS --- You could sell a gazillion Drizzt figures! Tanis Half-Elven! Caramon! Raistlin! Elminster! Orcs! Lizard Men! All kinds of possibilities here.

3 - LORD OF THE RINGS -- The only problem here is that the Hobbits and Dwarves would require a whole new body. Might be too costly. But I'd love a Gandalf and Strider.

Comment

• livnxxxl
                  Megoholic RocketScientist
                  • Oct 23, 2007

I say as long as it is profitable, feasible and makes good business sense for EMCE/Diamond to create each line requested (within reason of course) then go for it. The more the merrier!
                  Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• apes3978
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 19, 2005

I'd like to see Caine from KUNG FU, and Clint Eastwood from the spaghetti trilogy.

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

i'd like to see green hornet and kato and battlestar galactica

Comment

• drakghoulie
                        • Feb 20, 2008

ok, while I like the dark shadows Idea odds are against it, extra outfits for different times, yea, that would be cool. however how about the universal monsters, a mego take on the ahi figures. you could even do the the teen age werewolf and such. now of course the wgsh! that's a no brainer, with heroes that were never done, what everyone wants. how about the shield, the black hood, flyman, flygirl and the comet?. didn't lion rock do hard plastic figures of these heroes in the 80's?. I alway's thought land of the giants and a spindrift playset would have been cool. (we could have been the characters and the giants) voyage to the bottom of the sea, the time tunnel. re-do all the most popular original mego stuff first, that way some one without a collection could enjoy what we did, then introduce new stuff the way the trek figures are coming out. we've waited a long time for this stuff to return, what I think it say's is that mego made such a great toy in the 70's that it's just as good if not better than what's done today. gi joe, johnny west and MEGO! we had it pretty good. now "mego" by another name is back and this time around we have the money to spend on it all. Drakghoulie

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

What Mego Line Do YOU Want to See??

Originally posted by apes3978
                          I'd like to see Caine from KUNG FU, and Clint Eastwood from the spaghetti trilogy.
                          I concur with'ya a spaghetti Western Clint Eastwood and probably some other western characters from cowboy shows (Gunsmoke) will be nice. Incidentally, F-troop will be a cool license in my eyes.
                          Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 20, '08, 5:09 PM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jun 24, 2007

What Mego Line Do YOU Want to See??

Originally posted by drmego
                            This seems to be the favorite game of all mego fans. Every one I talk to - be they fan or pro - has their dream list of what they want to see mego-ized.

I have been telling people at Toy Fair that when Mego went out of business,
                            it was like the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn. It was a sad ending to a great
                            history. I compare EMCE Toys bringing back mego to the Dodgers coming
                            back to Brooklyn.

Play ball.
                            God Bless your little heart Doc........You're bringin' a whole lotta joy to many. Much Thanks.
                            Last edited by Ivaniski; Feb 20, '08, 5:10 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I know because of rights issues this will never-ever happen ...........

But i'd like to see BEATLES Mego's

Wave-1

Beatles in HELP attire

Comment

• mars396
                                Museum Super Collector
                                • Sep 14, 2007

I am going to post again with more stuff for my wishlist:

#1 Star Trek
                                no Roman Numerals, no colon, no subtitle, just my favorite childhood toys, and those that should have been. (I would be interested in Animated Series characters too.) I will buy at least one of everything EMCE puts out. Yes, even a disco Mugato. Once Scottie reaches the stores, I will finally create my shelf full of Expendable Red Shirts: Lt. Lance Alott, Ensign Galahad, etc.

#2 Batman
                                the 1966-69 TV show with Adam West
                                I have made some customs, but EMCE getting that license and putting out actual, “real” figures from that series would be a dream come true for me.

#3 Planet of the Apes
                                my next door neighbor had all 10, so I never thought I needed my own personal set back then; I need to correct that error. I want anything and everything from all five movies, and both TV series. I will buy at least one of everything (tons of type-2 Soldiers) and supplement them with those horses the Doc is selling on his website. Taylor, ANSA Astronauts, Apes in Spacesuits, Mutants, Conquest Apes – bring ‘em on ! I am ready to spend spend spend ! Tim Burton’s POTA ? not interested.

#4 Space: 1999
                                I have CTVT’s, but I would gladly buy EMCE’s

#5 Gerry Anderson’s U.F.O.
                                greatly underappreciated, and horribly forgotten by everyone, this show with its silver bodysuits, Nehru jackets, and human-looking aliens in spacesuits was made for Mego-ization

#6 Logan’s Run
                                I really want 8” scaled repros of those prototypes – I WILL have them someday…..

#7 the Visitors
                                a series I thought of
                                My current project is buying Doc’s Alien heads molded in assorted colors with matching colored bodies and trying out different colored bodysuits. I found a guy online who makes Silver Surfer bodysuits, and the shiny material is perfect for these.
                                (I couldn’t name this series “Aliens” because that means something to us action-figure and SciFi geeks)

#8 WGSH
                                a big DUH! there
                                I do not think there is a single registered member of this forum that does not want that, and Green Lantern, Flash, etc etc

#9 Monsters
                                I have CTVT’s, but I would gladly buy EMCE’s
                                One can never have too many Monsters, especially in October in my house !

#10 Knights, Robin Hood, Pirates, American West
                                I am about to order CTVT’s any day now, so if EMCE has any announcement, I would appreciate it before I send all my Mego Money™ up to Rhode Island

#11 The Astronauts
                                another one of my no-license-required concepts, this time providing us with an assortment of NASA accurate and science fiction inspired spacesuits. Just imagine having a Mego-scaled Lunar Module and two Apollo astronauts. My God, that would bring tears to my eyes…..

#12 Six Million Dollar Man
                                a lot of Megoheads have been asking for this in this topic.
                                I never even thought of it, was not at all into it, but the more I think about a Mego sized Steve Austin, the more I like the concept
                                But until that remake is filming, can’t see any real appeal for DST to try to sell them.

#13 Bond, James Bond

#14 Zorro, Lone Ranger and Tonto

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎