Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the rarity level of the Tomland 3 3/4 Lines?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacecaps
    Second Mouse
    • Aug 24, 2011

Anyone know the rarity level of the Tomland 3 3/4 Lines?

As I'm trying to amass a complete collection of Tomland 3 3/4 figures, I never realized how little information there is on these guys across the web. Actually, if it weren't for Plaid Stallions and Toymania, there'd be basically no information at all on the Starroids/Space Raiders/Space Fighter line. From what I've gathered, there seems to be a known combination of 33 total figures including glow versions, weapon sculpted hands and regular figures in general. Now while all the figures have been identified, I'm wondering if anyone knows how much harder some figures are to find than others. Outside of two or three figures, I can't seem to find any information saying "this is the rarest" or "only five of these are know to exist worldwide" So does anyone have a rating system similar to one that is used for Star Wars Coins (category I, II, III, etc.) or video game scales (1-10) What's the most any one individual figure has sold for? Has there only been a handful of one figure to surface? Stuff like that.....
    Last edited by spacecaps; Jun 24, '13, 5:54 PM.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."
  • ctc
    Fear the monkeybat!
    • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

Some of them ARE harder to find, but I don't think it's to the degree some of the 8" ones are harder to find. The ones with the generic bodies, and stickers on the front are the most common. The ones with the weird, non symmetrical bodies are the rarest.

Don C.

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

I did a google image search to see what these are and found a guy on rebelscum posted in may was trying to trade/sell some of these.

CCC.

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

Originally posted by LordMudd
        I did a google image search to see what these are and found a guy on rebelscum posted in may was trying to trade/sell some of these.

CCC.
        Yeah, I bought those.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• LordMudd
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 22, 2011

I was actually concerned you might be the seller, but figured I'd post it anyway, just in case.

CCC.

Comment

• skullface
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 29, 2012

Ok I dont know other areas,but in NC I owned a collector shop for 15 plus years and 3 3/4 tomlands came in like twice. The 8in ones about 6 times.
            I was known for dealing megos old toys and space toys like tomland monsters. To get them I would dig through junk boxes at flea markets and toy shows. Pre ebay I would have said they ran between 7-10 on the hard to get scale. Glow heads are harder for me to find....with ebay some are for sale every week.
            Now this state was pretty rural back when these came out and it could be they just didnt get ordered. You could find a John Deer tractor every other store but not a mego falcon.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎