X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

A few weeks later...things starting to get back to normal for me

Take me a little while longer to put down my thoughts on Megomeet...but here they are:

First off, thanks to ALL that make the trip year in and year out...without you we can't do this every year. With that said, if you haven't been to a Meet yet...what the hell are you waiting for??!!?? It's THE place to be in June for anyone that loves Megos. Start making plans/vacation plans NOW for next years meet. No excuses for all of the fence sitters here on the museum. Me and Tom make the trip from Long Island every year, that's 8+ hours in a car going through the PA, to get to the Meet. I know there are others that travel longer. Get 'er done already and make the trip next year...you won't regret it.

Now for some individual thanks:

To my Big Bro Tom...Can't make this trip without you, besides the fact that you do the driving, your support over the years is what keeps me going. It wouldn't be the same if you weren't there for any of the Meets. Best Big Bro that anyone can have.

My Mego Brothers Chuck, Jim, Mike (batmanmc) , John (Human Wolfman) , Steve (EMCE Hammer) , Chad and Sean, Brian Leitner, Brian Heiler, Paul (Doc Mego) , my mego brothers from Comicazi in Mass, Toyman Chris, VintagMike and so many more I know I am forgetting...all of you are my Mego Family. Some I will be seeing more than once in a year...but like family, you sometimes only get to see them once in a year. Always make it special if only for that one time. Megomeet has always done that and for that I say thank you to all of you guys. My only regret is that I don't get to see any of the demonstrations as much as I would like to. Missed out on the 3D Printing one this year...but someone had to record this somewhere right??

A few last things...if anyone here goes to the meet next year...PLEASE MAKE IT A POINT TO GO TO THE MEGO SUITE. Only reason why that is in all caps is because it is so essential that you pop in and say hello. Besides all of the great libations that can be had...there are great conversations to be had. That's how my Mego Family has grown. Internet is one thing...but being in the same room and meeting the person that's on the other side of the monitor can change your perception of members here in an instant. It's the main thing lacking on the net. Human contact.

To my Mego Brother out in Kansas, Derek (Flynne) Words cannot begin to describe my thanks for the gift. We missed you this year...but you better be there next year. Before then, if you are in NY call me or Tom. It's always great to see both you and the Mrs. You're also a good luck charm for me when you are here in NY...I always seem to find some of the rarer Megos when you are here

I know that I am forgetting some people...to them I say thanks again for another GREAT Meet.
  • megojim
    Permanent Member
    • Oct 13, 2001

Well said brother, good seeing ya both
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

^
      Great custom stuff as usual Jim. That Red Skull that you made while at the meet was fantastic. And BTW, Mustang is still the car of choice. Challenger is great...but Mustangs will always be the one muscle car I will always love.

Couple of others that I forgot to mention...Bronxboykev and Family...always great to see everyone and Scott (Random Axe) I wish I could make it to the Cincy gathering...Maybe next year.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
        Permanent Member
        • Mar 7, 2011

Likewise Berto... I'm gonna try to hit the Hofstra show in July, see you there... And don't forget to PM me about the black AJ and the Mailer box AJ

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

^

The Extra Dark or just the sourdough? Hell...I'll bring them both

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

Always great to see you and Tom. Catching up and chatting with you guys is always one the highlights of the event for me. Not much to add to what you said other than I second all of it with one thing to add:
            A lot people cite life getting in the way for not making the event. All I can say if if you can it's 100% worth it to tell life to take a flying leap for a couple days and enjoy yourself with like-minded folks for a few days. Life and it's responsibilities will still be waiting for you when you get back. Tell your friends, loved ones and if you been there long enough even your job how much making this event would mean to you. People will surprise you (in a good way) sometimes.

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

Berto you and Tom are a couple of the big reasons I drive 12 hours each way. It was great seeing you at eternal con. I look forward to next year and hanging with you guys

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Is there anything to do in the suite for those of us who do not drink?
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                  Banned
                  • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by B-Lister
                  Is there anything to do in the suite for those of us who do not drink?
                  Sure is...conversations are a plenty. Scott A. and Chris (Toyman Chris) are always great guys to talk with. There's plenty of soda and water too in the suite. And if you get a little bored you can always watch Steve sew

It's just a good friendly time in the suite. This year we even had our own terrace/sitting area outside the suite...fenced in and everything.

Comment

• noelani72
                    27inaleon
                    • Jun 25, 2002

Yea, always great hanging with you guys every year. Too bad our tables weren't across from each other as usual, or you could have just sat and watched the 3d printer all day lol.
                    Counting days until next yer, and already made plans to meet up with some of the fellas outside of the meet cuz once a year simply isn't enough.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                      Sure is...conversations are a plenty. Scott A. and Chris (Toyman Chris) are always great guys to talk with. There's plenty of soda and water too in the suite. And if you get a little bored you can always watch Steve sew

It's just a good friendly time in the suite. This year we even had our own terrace/sitting area outside the suite...fenced in and everything.
                      Oh, look. I'm final mentioned, lol.

I don't drink and as Berto said Tom has me covered with getting some soda (or as they like to say pop - I love that). So come on and we'll drink together.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                        70's Era Pimp
                        • Sep 7, 2011

It was great to see you this year. You are so correct, the conversations in the Mego Suite are a definite must attend!!

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

Next year I will try to make an appearance!
                          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                            Banned
                            • Jun 23, 2001

I'll put it this way by making a comparison to job searching today...you gotta network. Same goes for the Meet. But it's better than networking because what happens in the suite leads to friendships that I know I will have longer then I will have a job I networked to get. It really is a mego family.

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 19, 2011

Glad to see u guys and gals had a great time at Mego Meet 2013 !

Where can I get a shirt ?
                              Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                              :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                              I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎