X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1967
    Museum Patron
    • Jun 28, 2008

US Agent Fist Fighter

I was trying to figure out what custom fist fighter to do next. Well, here is my new project. I purchased the Captain America head from Ebay. I am converting the Captain America into a fist fighter US Agent. Here is the head as it stands now. I took off the paint and removed the A by using a very fine nail file. I need to cut down the bottom so it will fit in the fist fighter body. After that, paint and then to make the custom costume. I am not sure how I am going to handle the gloves and shield as of yet. I am not sure which shield I want to make either. I may make all the different ones I have seen, it is up in the air. I will buy the boots from Dr Mego and possibly the belt and then go from there. I will finish it with the custom box from Anthony at The Toyroom. He does fantastic work. There are a few other boxes I need to get from him as well. Thanks for taking the time to see what I have been up to.
    Attached Files
  • Vinny0026
    Year Five!!
    • Jan 26, 2012

sounds like a great project! can't wait to see it finished!
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

The one problem you will run into is that the head will probably rattle around. FF heads are specific to the FF bodies. The plug is slightly different. If you can figure out a way to get it to not rattle then you will be fine with it. Just be careful fitting the head into a FF body. They tend to crack where the plug goes into the neck hole. I think the plastic is a little thinner than a regular mego body in that area. Can't wait to see more progression on this figure. Good Luck.

Comment

• Jeff1967
        Museum Patron
        • Jun 28, 2008

Thank you for your concerns and well wishes. I figured out how to keep the heads from rolling around in the larger neck holes. I made a ff Aquaman, Flash, Black Adam & Shazam as well. I have a thing for the fist fighter series. Anyway, I use the shrink wrap from Home Depot that fits around the bottom. I cut a piece enough to fit over the plug, shrink it with a hair dryer and am good to go. I had created a post showing how I did it with the Retro Action Black Adam head. I am not sure in which forum I posted it, but will make a post to it so you can see the photos.

Comment

• megocrazy
          Museum Trouble Maker
          • Feb 18, 2007

The Cap head should take black RIT dye pretty well. Would eliminate the need to paint the black. In the end would look just like Mego would have done it. Solid color head with face, eyes, and wings painted. I like the FF figures too. Can't wait to see it.
          It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Jeff1967
            Museum Patron
            • Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for the information about the dye. Where would I be able to get it?? I like the idea of dying it and having it look like how Mego would have done it.

Comment

• Jeff1967
              Museum Patron
              • Jun 28, 2008

I bought the RIT dye and can't seem to get it to work. What did you do to get the head to take the dye?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

the new Rit dyes don't work well on pvc like they used to. They changed the formulation lately. Even if it did work, it would bleed into the paint for the face and eyes eventually.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Jeff1967
                  Museum Patron
                  • Jun 28, 2008

Thanks for the advice. I tried dying it and it didn't take. I think i should try the whole box instead of a little bit in a small amount of water. I tried painting it and am not as good as I thought with painting it. Tried twice and am not getting good results with the paint. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

I did use an entire box when I did my blue one but it was a while ago. If the formula has changed that could make a difference. You may just want to look for a resin copy and go with that. The neck plug can be adjusted for the FF torso.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Jeff1967
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jun 28, 2008

Thanks. I have the head matched to the ff body. I just have to take it out and try to dye it like you instructed. 24 hours hopefully will be good. I really appreciate your help with this.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I tried and tried with the current dye and it doesn't work on plastics at all. Left it in there for days on one try.
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                          Permanent Member
                          • Mar 7, 2011

Jeff my brother used testors acrylic black paint on this mego Batman head to make his Batman Beyond
                          My Brother's (Steelshield) first solo attempt at a custom. Vision by Steelshield emblem made by Steelshield type 2 Batman and Belt painted by Steelsheild. Cape, gloves, belt and boots by Doc. absolutely the way mego would have and should have done it... at least that's the way I think.

Comment

• Jeff1967
                            Museum Patron
                            • Jun 28, 2008

I like the way that turned out. I will go to Doc to get the gloves, etc I need for this and future customs. Thanks for the information on the paint. I will give it a try. Thank you everyone for your help and support, it is greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎