Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMDM Steve & Barney Hiller may be canceled!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Magyar
    Permanent Member
    • Jan 17, 2011

SMDM Steve & Barney Hiller may be canceled!

I just got a call from Entertainment Earth asking if I was going to order these as I had bought the other figures. They said that they were short on preorders ( they need 3000 for the factory ) and if they did get their numbers up by about July 1st the figures could be canceled.
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

that was kinda ballsy on their part.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• garfoot
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 28, 2012

This does not sound good. They still have 2012 SDCC exclusive Rudy Wells, and I am assuming plenty of limited edition Oscar and Fembots left. Is this line going to be cancelled? Will we ever see Astronaut Steve or Barney Hiller, not to mention Mr. X? BBP please shed some light on this situation for us. Maybe we get more figures, but limit them to 1000 each or something. With SDCC coming soon, I guess we can see if they have any new figures planned. If not, I guess that is our answer.

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

That's bad news.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• garfoot
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 28, 2012

According to their Twitter account, BBP says they will continue to make SMDM figures until their license expires. So I guess that takes care of that news for now.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

I hope they can at least get astronaut Steve out---I'd buy several just for the resized head.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Well... I'm going to hold Jason to what he once said when I openingly speculated about the line. He said, "We have never NOT made a figure we've advertised and have no plans to start." Jason seemed pretty passionate about that, so I have every reason to believe he means it. I've bought everything BBP has offered on the line (from figures to shirts) and have pre-ordered everything else that hasn't come out yet. And I do NOT want it to stop! It's a great line and I love BBP for digging deep into the series and giving us such great characters in the Mego scale, in addition to all of the great shirts, lunch boxes, and collectible glasses. I hope it's going strong! Something tells me it is. I hope Jason will confirm this with some positive news. We're behind you Jason!!!
              Last edited by MIB41; Jun 19, '13, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

My order has been placed. I'm cool with whatever they do. BBP product is taking over my home 2 retro figures at a time.
                Last edited by Chris; Jun 21, '13, 10:58 AM.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
                  Well... I'm going to hold Jason to what he once said when I openingly speculated about the line. He said, "We have never NOT made a figure we've advertised and have no plans to start." Jason seemed pretty passionate about that, so I have every reason to believe he means it. I've bought everything BBP has offered on the line (from figures to shirts) and have pre-ordered everything else that hasn't come out yet. And I do NOT want it to stop! It's a great line and I love BBP for digging deep into the series and giving us such great characters in the Mego scale, in addition to all of the great shirts, lunch boxes, and collectible glasses. I hope it's going strong! Something tells me it is. I hope Jason will confirm this with some positive news. We're behind you Jason!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Here's the deal. I stand by this statement. I believe only 2 factors can go against what I said. 1) The quantity of backorders is too low to bring the figures to market on the original estimated release date. We would delay the release of the figures until we do indeed get enough backorders. At this time, we are very close to getting the correct number of backorders needed - at least on these figures. So I think we should be ok 0k - and these will be released. 2) Our license expires. If that happens and we can't make the figures, well, then there is nothing any of us can do - obviously. I believe we have over a year left on this particular license.

So there is good news here - in terms of these SMDM figures.
                  Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                  bifbangpow.com
                  twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                    Thanks for the kind words. Here's the deal. I stand by this statement. I believe only 2 factors can go against what I said. 1) The quantity of backorders is too low to bring the figures to market on the original estimated release date. We would delay the release of the figures until we do indeed get enough backorders. At this time, we are very close to getting the correct number of backorders needed - at least on these figures. So I think we should be ok 0k - and these will be released. 2) Our license expires. If that happens and we can't make the figures, well, then there is nothing any of us can do - obviously. I believe we have over a year left on this particular license.

So there is good news here - in terms of these SMDM figures.
                    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAW!!!! BBP rules!!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

good news then. i have had mine on pre-order since they went up

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jan 17, 2011

Got another call from the same guy at EE saying he made a mistake - it wouldn't be canceled but might be delayed.

Comment

• bobws
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 13, 2008

Ok with just over a year left, what else must we get before it's over?

Calahan (Oscar's secratary)
                          Not "Jaime" Blonde Steve's Girlfriend
                          Not"Farrah" Blonde astronaut friend
                          who else?
                          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by magyar1964
                            Got another call from the same guy at EE saying he made a mistake - it wouldn't be canceled but might be delayed.
                            Wonder if he reads this forum ?

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                              Career Member
                              • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
                              Wonder if he reads this forum ?

No. But I do and I mentioned this exact situation to the EE customer service manager.
                              Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                              bifbangpow.com
                              twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎