Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun - what other 3 3/4 inch lines do you want to grow your Zica Universe?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Falstaff13
    Persistent Member
    • May 28, 2008

I would love to see a retro line based on classic movies--Errol Flynn and company in Adventures of Robin Hood, Rathbone & Bruce as Holmes & Watson, (perhaps more of) the old Universal horror films, John Wayne, Tyrone Power from Mark of Zorro, etc.
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• Remco Monster
      GLOWS in the Dark!
      • May 3, 2006

Batman 1966

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

Just Star Trek, from TMP back:

Uhura, Chekov, Sulu, Cmdr Sonek, 3 Vulcan Masters, bridge ensign with large forehead, Scotty in Radiation suit, security troop, Ilia in both outfits-not a mix of them, Chief DiFalco (c'mon, Shatner's wife), Lt. Rand.

Andorian, Tellarite, Klingon (maybe), Romulan, Cheronite, Gorn, Mugatu, Troyan, Horta, Talosian, Vian, Excalbian, Medusan.

Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, Uhura, Checkov, Rand, Kyle, Chapel, M'Benga, Dr. Dehner, Gary Mitchell, Riley, Adm. Decker, Marlena Moreau, Dr. Daystrom,

Kahn, Harry Mudd, Mudd's Women, Alice Android, Roger Corby, Ruk, Andrea, Marta, Gem, Shanna, Tamoon, Galt, Lars, Norman, Surak, Lincoln, Col. Green, Gary 7, Roberta Lincoln, Sarek, Romulan Commander (Mark Leonard), Romulan Commander female, Gav, Thelev, Shras, Elaan.

Mirror Universe crew.

That should be a good 5 year mission.

CCC.

Comment

• Scousebadger
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by bgiles73
          As much as it pains me to say, I don't think Hasbro is going to do anything with Star Trek beyond those Kreo blocks and Battle Pods. It sucks because if Hasbro took the same approach with Star Trek as they did with Star Wars they would have a hit on their hands. That crappy line that Playmates Toys had out in 2009 should not be used to say whether or not a new line would be successful or not.
          I agree entirely re. Hasbro's approach. However, I do think the Playmates 2009 line had fantastic head sculpts. The rest of the figures and the lacklustre paint jobs didn't help though.

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

I liked them at first and had we got more I might have overlooked some of their faults, but looking at them in hindsight I think Playmates would have done better releasing just one scale and completing the crew. It would have been a great time for Playmates to return to their 4.5" figures of the 90's, but with better articulation similar to their new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Comment

• Scousebadger
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2, 2012

I liked them at first and had we got more I might have overlooked some of their faults, but looking at them in hindsight I think Playmates would have done better releasing just one scale and completing the crew. It would have been a great time for Playmates to return to their 4.5" figures of the 90's, but with better articulation similar to their new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
              It seems like most companies are now trying multiscale figure ranges: look at Hasbro and their 6" Star Wars figures, not to mention 12" versions of the original Star Wars figures from the 1970s.

I hope ZICA releases a large number of villains and supporting characters for The Six Million Dollar Man range. Would love to see more cult shows and movies represented in this format.

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

I like Star Wars as something to watch on TV, but I cannot bring myself to collect the figures. That said, Kenner firmly entrenched with the SW license what Mego started, that this is the proper scale. ERTL and Galoob both followed suit with their Trek offerings. Playmates deviated from the norm with their 4.5 inch figures, and no matter how successful it was, it was never going to be good enough because that scale will never support the quality of Playset that these figures demand. People will never pay what companies would have to charge in order to be able to afford to make them. With the Playmates line there was only ever 1 playset they could have made that would have been profitable and they never even had plans to make it. I know because it was my idea and they would never talk to me about it. What killed Trek as a license for them was not completing their offering for the 2009 line and leaving the playset unfinished. Playmates will never be able to do Trek figures again.

CCC.

Comment

• Boshek
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 26, 2011

How about The Monkees? After seeing them in concert I can tell you there is still a strong following!
                  Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• Scousebadger
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2, 2012

Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly!

The 70s Invisible Man series.

True Blood: rednecks, vampires, werewolves, shifters, maenads and witches! What's not to love?

And I would KILL for Kenner style The Big Bang Theory figures.
                    Last edited by Scousebadger; Jul 27, '13, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• LadyZod
                      Superman's Gal Pal
                      • Jan 27, 2007

Planet of the Apes in Kenner format is a must.

I was disappointed when PALISADES went out of business before their proposed POTA 3 3/4 inch line could see the light of day.

They did a great job on the Army of Darkness figure 2 packs, and I was looking forward to armies of solider apes. Kenner style POTA figures that would fit in with the Star Wars figures, and mego Trek movie figures would be fun.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                      Check out my art:
                      Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                      Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• Scousebadger
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by LadyZod
                        Planet of the Apes in Kenner format is a must.

I was disappointed when PALISADES went out of business before their proposed POTA 3 3/4 inch line could see the light of day.

They did a great job on the Army of Darkness figure 2 packs, and I was looking forward to armies of solider apes. Kenner style POTA figures that would fit in with the Star Wars figures, and mego Trek movie figures would be fun.
                        Soldier ape armies!

I'd also love future mutants with swappable heads: one "normal" and one mutated.

Not to mention all the other various characters

Comment

• bgiles73
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 14, 2010

I looked back through this thread and didn't see The X-Files mentioned. I'd love a line for this show. It would be great to have Mulder and Scully and all that other great Area 51/ Goverment Conspiracy/ Monster stuff in my collection! What I would definitely be most interested in troop building here would be an army of extraterrestrial Greys!

Comment

• Scousebadger
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2, 2012

I looked back through this thread and didn't see The X-Files mentioned. I'd love a line for this show. It would be great to have Mulder and Scully and all that other great Area 51/ Goverment Conspiracy/ Monster stuff in my collection! What I would definitely be most interested in troop building here would be an army of extraterrestrial Greys!
                            Actually, an X-Files range would be cool.

Comment

• bgiles73
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 14, 2010

It would be great if Dark Shadows got a line of 3 3/4" figures since that line of 8" retros by Spectre Toys was discontinued. I've been watching the 1991 Revival series and would not mind seeing those characters represented as well.

Comment

• jp1977
                                • Jun 13, 2013

This could be a hard one to get but now that Mattel has disappointed me once again how about the 1960's Batman television series. FYI Mattel announced that the six figures, Batman & Robin two pack, Batsui Batman and Batmobile are it for that line! Years people have been waiting for these representations of these iconic characters and with that rogues gallery they do six single carded figures! They did not even do a Batgirl. I really would love to see these in a 3 3/4 format with some retro packages.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎