X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

My mego meet recap

this year I brought two people with me , my friends moe and john . it was moes second meet and johns first. when I got there my table was moved but it was cool because I got to be next to berto and my friend john and chuck and across from me was david lee. I enjoyed the new hotel. shared a room with chuck. I did not hang out at the suite Friday night because between Thursday morning at 6 am and Friday night at 9 pm I had a 20 minute nap for sleep and was too tired. the Friday night meet and greet had a lot of the usual people and some new ones. I missed a few friends who couldn't make it but I still enjoyed the meet. steve you guys always seem to amaze me with the presentations and the work you guys do to make megomeet look like there aren't any problems. megomeet to me is not about what I buy there or sell there its about friends and that's why I drive 12 hours each way every year. chuck who I see almost every week is a great guy who I cant say enough about. berto and tom you guys first made me feel welcome many years ago at my first megomeet suite attendance. david lee you are cooler and cooler everytime I talk to you. I don't know if you remember about 4 years ago you put up a post about spiderman poles you made and sent me some free of charge. scott a and his son always a pleasure and thanks for helping me with the parts I got from you. scott is such a cool guy he offered to open a aj outfit so I could get one part for my custom. I couldn't do it . bizzaro amy and her patient husband nate always a pleasure . amy helped me with my custom kitbash she did 95 percent I did 5 percent. looking good amy keep up the goodwork. john Farley your customs are out of this world and that's surprising to me for such a down to earth nice guy. Austin your presentation was cool. its always nice seeing you. toyman chris you and Stacey are always nice to see and chat with. I enjoyed restringing your pieces for you and chatting with you in the megosuite. trekman Anthony you are a really cool guy and I could not have done the mego races without your help.anthony I enjoyed chatting with you at the suite. my friend john helped me with the location of the races.chuck had me bring cars for the races. next year two batmobiles will race. dave and gary you guys are really nice guys and smart businessmen. I look forward to going to your store. ed its always fun to see you . you are always going 100 miles an hour . its nice to see enthiusiasm. brian you like steve always put a ton of work into megomeet and the museum. thanks you. your books I got from you megozine and rack toys are awesome. great work. ray always great to see you and your micronaughts and I love chatting with you. collete its nice seeing and chatting with you and getting your fudge. anya and Rachel are always well behaved but warn anya next year the megomeet race trophy is mine. jim your sheriff notthingham is great , one of these years I see you before berto steals all my money with his boxes he sells me. its always nice seeing your newest creation and chatting with you. paul wassson your stands and cases were awesome (sorry you never got back to me with the price I wanted one and got busy and never got back to ask again.) you and your son are always fun to talk with . brue and lily are always fun to see and talk to and see who they will dress up as this year. chad and sean you guys are like brothers. its always fun seeing you guys and what your latest creation is . your thor was awesome even though I am not into 12'' figures much.
  • Bronxboykev
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by batmanmc
    this year I brought two people with me , my friends moe and john . it was moes second meet and johns first. when I got there my table was moved but it was cool because I got to be next to berto and my friend john and chuck and across from me was david lee. I enjoyed the new hotel. shared a room with chuck. I did not hang out at the suite Friday night because between Thursday morning at 6 am and Friday night at 9 pm I had a 20 minute nap for sleep and was too tired. the Friday night meet and greet had a lot of the usual people and some new ones. I missed a few friends who couldn't make it but I still enjoyed the meet. steve you guys always seem to amaze me with the presentations and the work you guys do to make megomeet look like there aren't any problems. megomeet to me is not about what I buy there or sell there its about friends and that's why I drive 12 hours each way every year. chuck who I see almost every week is a great guy who I cant say enough about. berto and tom you guys first made me feel welcome many years ago at my first megomeet suite attendance. david lee you are cooler and cooler everytime I talk to you. I don't know if you remember about 4 years ago you put up a post about spiderman poles you made and sent me some free of charge. scott a and his son always a pleasure and thanks for helping me with the parts I got from you. scott is such a cool guy he offered to open a aj outfit so I could get one part for my custom. I couldn't do it . bizzaro amy and her patient husband nate always a pleasure . amy helped me with my custom kitbash she did 95 percent I did 5 percent. looking good amy keep up the goodwork. john Farley your customs are out of this world and that's surprising to me for such a down to earth nice guy. Austin your presentation was cool. its always nice seeing you. toyman chris you and Stacey are always nice to see and chat with. I enjoyed restringing your pieces for you and chatting with you in the megosuite. trekman Anthony you are a really cool guy and I could not have done the mego races without your help.anthony I enjoyed chatting with you at the suite. my friend john helped me with the location of the races.chuck had me bring cars for the races. next year two batmobiles will race. dave and gary you guys are really nice guys and smart businessmen. I look forward to going to your store. ed its always fun to see you . you are always going 100 miles an hour . its nice to see enthiusiasm. brian you like steve always put a ton of work into megomeet and the museum. thanks you. your books I got from you megozine and rack toys are awesome. great work. ray always great to see you and your micronaughts and I love chatting with you. collete its nice seeing and chatting with you and getting your fudge. anya and Rachel are always well behaved but warn anya next year the megomeet race trophy is mine. jim your sheriff notthingham is great , one of these years I see you before berto steals all my money with his boxes he sells me. its always nice seeing your newest creation and chatting with you. paul wassson your stands and cases were awesome (sorry you never got back to me with the price I wanted one and got busy and never got back to ask again.) you and your son are always fun to talk with . brue and lily are always fun to see and talk to and see who they will dress up as this year. chad and sean you guys are like brothers. its always fun seeing you guys and what your latest creation is . your thor was awesome even though I am not into 12'' figures much.
    Bravo... Well said, now come up for air lol

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

^^lol
      You're always great to hang out with Mike and the people are definitely what make the meet. We can bring customs, vintage, remego or whatever and we'd still have the people.
      Thanks for your comment - you'll just have to watch what is up my 12" sleeve hahaha!

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Always great to see you Mike. Your keychains are great and a nice way to keep a little bit of the Meet with us all year round.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Mike, usually you're the first guy I see and I liked that. Wish the staff hadn't moved your spot.

Always a pleasure and I'm really loving the keychain, super thoughtful and appreciated!
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• David Lee
            The Fix-it-up Chappie
            • Jun 10, 2002

Mike,
            Your easy to like man... glad to get to hang out with you bro.

Dave

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Always great to see you Mike!!!!

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

I really dropped the ball this year, Mike. I didn't know the key chains this year were new, and missed out. I really wish I could have spent more time with you.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• batmanmc
                  mego batman collector
                  • Jun 22, 2004

Me too. As much as I hung out and talked to a lot of people I wished I had more time to hang with you

Comment

• B-Lister
                    Eccentric Weirdo
                    • Mar 19, 2010

It's all good. It was a fun time, and I will be there next year!
                    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                      70's Era Pimp
                      • Sep 7, 2011

Mike, I always enjoy seeing you and Moe. You are one of the most genuinely nicest guys I know. Thanks for hooking me up with completing my RM Robin, and a couple more key chains as well.

Comment

• B-Lister
                        Eccentric Weirdo
                        • Mar 19, 2010

Do you still have any key chains? I would happily pay for you to send me one!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
                          Formerly known as Del
                          • Dec 12, 2004

Mike, you are one of the people that make MegoMeet a reunion rather than a convention. Ever since that time you stopped by on your (very long) drive home, and we sat in my apartment talking toys and you showing me your loot from the show. It's people like you that made me want to get to Wheeling the next year, and why I return as often as I can.
                          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
                          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
                          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎