Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

If Superman: The Movie came out today, I think it would be widely panned by fanboys for all the dumb Luthor stuff. I still love that movie just because of all the heart Christopher Reeve brought to the character, but, man, do I hate that.

Comment

• supes
      For the love of Mego's!
      • Jan 19, 2004

The movie was epic!! does any one think that Luthor will come across Zods suit and use the Kryptonion technology to build his battle suit. I am going to see it again in Imax 3d on tuesday. Can't wait!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Operation:Mego
        I'm the Star Spangled Man
        • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by supes
        The movie was epic!! does any one think that Luthor will come across Zods suit and use the Kryptonion technology to build his battle suit. I am going to see it again in Imax 3d on tuesday. Can't wait!
        That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!
        sigpic
        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Seeing how I'm still in awe over it, I'll just type the essentials then try and be more clear and concise later:

(SPOILERS - kinda...barely any)

57% on rottentomatoes...really? Really? What the hell are critics thinking?
          The story is fantastic and is presented on an epic scope that threatens the entire planet.
          The "first contact" theme is presented really well and it works.
          The action is intense and gritty (everything you would want in a live-action Superman film).
          Great acting all around, though props go to Cavill, Adams, Crowe, Shannon, and Traue.
          Several scenes will make you tear-up (so bring sure to bring plenty of tissues).
          There are several twists throughout that will make your jaw drop.
          The ending will make you scream in shock and joy!
          Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for several cool references (LL, and BW).
          My mom, who saw Superman and Superman 2 (when they originally were in theaters) called Man of Steel "The perfect movie!"
          I don't think we've seen the threat being so big before (the other film's villains were more after SM himself, whereas in this film the entire Earth will be messed up). A lot of SM fans don't like it and that's something I don't get, since I consider myself a Superman fan and I loved it. I feel that it's the best SM there is and it's DCs best film to date.
          The story of Clark putting on the suit and becoming Superman is much more personal than it's ever been. I think Snyder, Goyer, and Nolan did an amazing job making a modern SM film, without losing the all-American values that he has (that "I grew up on Kansas" line perfectly emulates this perfectly I feel).
          Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jun 14, '13, 8:25 PM. Reason: Typos
          sigpic

Comment

• StrangeVisitor
            Career Member
            • May 13, 2007

Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for several cool references (LL, and BW).
            I missed the BW one and had to look it up (the satellite).

I've heard mention of a Cyborg reference, anyone kow what it was?

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by StrangeVisitor
              I missed the BW one and had to look it up (the satellite).

I've heard mention of a Cyborg reference, anyone kow what it was?
              Wow, that's the first I'm hearing of a Cyborg one. I have no idea (I didn't catch it either, if there was one).
              sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                Talkative Member
                • Jul 7, 2007

I read a headline where it mentioned a Cyborg reference, but in the body of the story, it said it was a reference to STAR Labs, which is involved in Cyborg's origins, but has a long DC history.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

Deadline's predicting a $134 million opening for Man of Steel, so it looks like there will be more DC-themed films.

Comment

• MegoSteve
                    Superman's Pal
                    • Jun 17, 2005

Saw it again tonight, this time in IMAX 3D. LOVED IT. I don't know if it was fear of disappointment that made me not relax and enjoy it as much the first time, but the second viewing was just so much better... I think I want to see it again!

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

My mom, who saw Superman and Superman 2 (when they originally were in theaters) called Man of Steel "The perfect movie!"
                      Operation Mego, you're making me feel old, lol.. I saw both in the theater, too. I bet most mego heads did. But one of the reason I still like super heroes is that they do keep me feeling young.

Comment

• Riffster
                        Atomic batteries to power
                        • Jun 29, 2008

I loved it, couldn't have been better
                        Looking for Infinite Heroes Robin and Catwoman
                        And Super Powers Batman

Comment

• draconianguard
                          #1 Ernest Borgnine Fan
                          • Mar 12, 2004

It was good, but I had too many issues with it to say I loved it. It felt more like a sci-fi movie instead a superhero film. The cast was overall very good except for Amy Adams as Lois. I hated Krypton. I felt like I was watching John Carter or Episode 1 with the look they choose. I also wasn't crazy about the HR Giger look of the costumes. I liked Smallville, but not Metropolis. I never felt like it was a highly populated city. The action and CGI was all very good. The fight at the end was the only action scene that seemed liked it went on forever. I also didn't feel the chemistry between Lois and Superman and the kiss at the end felt unnatural. It was too dark to be a Superman movie IMO. Hopefully I'll warm up to it more on the second viewing.
                          Pop Culture Central - Convention reports, toy reviews and more

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
                            Operation Mego, you're making me feel old, lol.. I saw both in the theater, too. I bet most mego heads did. But one of the reason I still like super heroes is that they do keep me feeling young.
                            Sorry, didn't mean to do that, just showing that someone who loved the original films can love this new version just as much.
                            Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jun 15, '13, 3:40 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Dude, I'm kidding. Now, where did I put my Geritol?

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

Saw it today with the family. We all liked it. I was hoping it would be a little more "fun", but it got thumbs up all around.
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎