Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mego Meet 2014 is right around the corner...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

Mego Meet 2014 is right around the corner...

lol
    I'm already thinking of next year.
    As any Internet forum, we have folks who argue, don't like each other, folks who crash and burn, folks who leave for one reason or another...
    but the testament of what happens at MM stand strong as ever - a smile on everyone's face the entire weekend.
    By the end of one day, I know I had so many conversations, laughs and stories, that I was starting to feel pain in my throat from it all.

The new hotel was nice, bit pricey for my budget, but not a single complaint with rooms, staff, or anything. If I can complain about anything hotel related, it was that we were spread out over 2-3 different hotels. That had an impact on Suite attendance i think, which btw, the suite had an outdoor area with a firepit and grill if I'm not mistaken....I was so busy I didnt make it out there to see/enjoy.

My haul was a bit small this year just because of my budget this year (IRS man came down on me hard this year) but money isn't what makes this trip for me...it's seeing everyone.

Even though my haul was small, I was utterly blown away, speechless, still unable to truly articulate words about a gesture one of my forum brothers did for me (and eventually this board)...but let me just say to those in the-know....but the curse is over

"The Boy", aka legend of link, aka my son Sean, had a great time as usual. Between Scott P, Farley, and Dave lee tables, the boy came home with some great stuff.

Y'all know I could go on and on, but my brain still has not kicked in yet, still absorbing the weekend and I'm glad I took today off from work to relax.

One final comment - to my brother from another mother, Chuck.
    There were body parts in my toothbrush brother.
    Last edited by noelani72; Jun 10, '13, 7:10 AM.
  • megoapesnut
    The name says it all!
    • Dec 3, 2007

The only question I have is - who is in charge of MM hotel arrangements and WHY didn't we switch to the Hampton YEARS ago! I don't care how much more expensive the place is, it was worth every penny! Seriously though, great hotel choice. That might have been the best hotel stay I ever had. Anyone that didn't get a chance to check out the Aquatics room - great pool, Jacuzzi and Rain Forest Shower Experience! Can I hear an "I second that" from Austin?
    Last edited by megoapesnut; Jun 10, '13, 3:39 PM.

Comment

• Bronxboykev
      Permanent Member
      • Mar 7, 2011

Originally posted by noelani72
      lol
      I'm already thinking of next year.
      As any Internet forum, we have folks who argue, don't like each other, folks who crash and burn, folks who leave for one reason or another...
      but the testament of what happens at MM stand strong as ever - a smile on everyone's face the entire weekend.
      By the end of one day, I know I had so many conversations, laughs and stories, that I was starting to feel pain in my throat from it all.

The new hotel was nice, bit pricey for my budget, but not a single complaint with rooms, staff, or anything. If I can complain about anything hotel related, it was that we were spread out over 2-3 different hotels. That had an impact on Suite attendance i think, which btw, the suite had an outdoor area with a firepit and grill if I'm not mistaken....I was so busy I didnt make it out there to see/enjoy.

My haul was a bit small this year just because of my budget this year (IRS man came down on me hard this year) but money isn't what makes this trip for me...it's seeing everyone.

Even though my haul was small, I was utterly blown away, speechless, still unable to truly articulate words about a gesture one of my forum brothers did for me (and eventually this board)...but let me just say to those in the-know....but the curse is over

"The Boy", aka legend of link, aka my son Sean, had a great time as usual. Between Scott P, Farley, and Dave lee tables, the boy came home with some great stuff.

Y'all know I could go on and on, but my brain still has not kicked in yet, still absorbing the weekend and I'm glad I took today off from work to relax.

I think it would be more appropriate if we could rename him "MEGO BOY" and a Great Presentation wish I had more time to see it work going to look up classes for it on line to see if there is something that can get me better acquainted with this...

Originally posted by megoapesnut
      The only question I have is - who is in charge of MM hotel arrangements and WHY didn't we switch to the Hampton YEARS ago! I don't car how much more expensive the place is, it was worth every penny! Seriously though, great hotel choice. That might have been the best hotel stay I ever had. Anyone that didn't get a chance to check out the Aquatics room - great pool, Jacuzzi and Rain Forest Shower Experience! Can I hear an "I second that" from Austin?
      If Austin wont second it I will. Great Hotel, great staff= Great stay. It was well worth the extra money IMO.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

If things go according to plan, I'm coming next year.
        Finally!
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by bronxboykev
          if austin wont second it i will. Great hotel, great staff= great stay. It was well worth the extra money imo.
          i second it!!!
          Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by noelani72
            That was to help reach those areas a toothbrush doesn't reach. Just doing my part to make sure stubborn tooth decay doesn't ever affect you.

I also have to say the new hotel was very nice. The cost of sharing a room was similar to getting a single in the Super 8 so I really didn't see an increase because of the change. I don't know if noise will ever be an issue as they have a very active security department that patrols the hotel and parking facilities regularly and we usually keep our door to the suite open and regularly coming and going in the hallways is common until wee morning hours.

The Bob Evans seemed to work well for the Thursday night dinner and though I didn't go there the Perkins across the street opens 24 hours on Friday and Saturday nights if you want a late night meal so that's nice. All in all a nice improvement. I would say booking very early and finding a room buddy would keep cost down for members. I wasn't thrilled with the Saturday night meal but I think we knew it was going to be a search to find a new location that could accommodate the whole group. We'll get there. I miss Hoss's.

Would like to see more members centrally located to the same hotel. It had an impact on the Suite turnout for sure. Didn't get to spend as much time with some people as I like to. The one thing I've found is I've become close with so many people through this forum that the 3 days doesn't seem long enough to catch up with them all. The time between walking in to the hotel and heading back to the airport seems to get shorter every year. I may consider Wednesday next year like Scott does especially if a few more members are interested in doing the same. I'm always up for another 24 hours of toy chatting and all around geekdom and nerdism. I've been to tons of toy conventions and shows but this is still my favorite simply for the people I get to see. For as much as I seem to buy, it could be a cookout and I would still get the same thing out of it, seeing the people I travel to WV to see. I'll mark the dates for 2014 as soon as they're set and begin the anticipation once again.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• The Sentry
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 3, 2007

I had a great time, I just wished I had the funds to stay the weekend myself, I had lots of great custom work to show off. Just didn't get a chance to do anything but shop, talk to a few people, then bail. I'm just glad I made it this year. Next year I'm totally going to stay the frackin weekend!
              sigpic
              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Always great to see you Chad. Yep, I think Suite attendance was hurt by that and our missing regulars. I expect with the positive reviews
                more people will be inclined to move to the new hotel and split a room if need be. Not a big deal since none of us certainly spend much time on in our rooms anyway, since we are mostly at The Museum or the Suite.

Originally posted by megocrazy
                I may consider Wednesday next year like Scott does especially if a few more members are interested in doing the same. I'm always up for another 24 hours of toy chatting and all around geekdom and nerdism. I've been to tons of toy conventions and shows but this is still my favorite simply for the people I get to see. For as much as I seem to buy, it could be a cookout and I would still get the same thing out of it, seeing the people I travel to WV to see. I'll mark the dates for 2014 as soon as they're set and begin the anticipation once again.
                I would be in for that. I already take Wednesday off and had been thinking just taking the entire week off next year as it's nearly impossible to concentrate at work the week of the Meet anyway.

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

With my wife's unexpected health improvement, I'm planning on bringing her for the first time next year, and we'll be at the Hampton for sure. We'll start putting a little cash aside starting with the next paycheck to buffer the cost difference. Based on the Super8 this year, that extra cost isn't that much, and you get so much more. We'll just carefully pack her IV medications and her other medical equipment and do everything in the room so she can enjoy her day. I'll do my best to make sure she's not totally bored or feels left out. We'll still do the Wednesday thing, though. We can enjoy all that Wheeling has to offer a day prior to the madness.
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                    70's Era Pimp
                    • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by megocrazy
                    I may consider Wednesday next year like Scott does especially if a few more members are interested in doing the same.
                    Chuck, I am definitely interested in making it a longer week myself. I am waiting to see when the Meet will be and when my son graduates and praying it will all work out.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Depending on how things go for me next month,I might be able to go next year.

Comment

• David Lee
                        The Fix-it-up Chappie
                        • Jun 10, 2002

Great to see you Chad and Sean. Sean (even though you can read this) I want to tell your dad what a great guy he raised, top notch work there Chad. We always complain about awful youth these days, but never seem to take the chance to point out good young people... Sean is a great young man, be proud.

Dave

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by David Lee
                          Great to see you Chad and Sean. Sean (even though you can read this) I want to tell your dad what a great guy he raised, top notch work there Chad. We always complain about awful youth these days, but never seem to take the chance to point out good young people... Sean is a great young man, be proud.

Dave
                          Thanks Dave! His Mom was a big help lol

Comment

• David Lee
                            The Fix-it-up Chappie
                            • Jun 10, 2002

Thanks Dave! His Mom was a big help lol
                            I figured as much

Comment

• mikeMc6
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 24, 2012

Rain Forest Shower Experience! [/QUOTE]

Megoapesnut..Ummm...Is this another cosplay reference? Sounds like a spa getaway weekend with megos on the side! Some day....
                              Last edited by mikeMc6; Jun 11, '13, 12:36 PM.
                              INEPT VINTAGE WISENHEIMER
                              WANTS: Thrashed Riddler Box, RM mask (beater ok) ...and a pony

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎