Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by jp1977
    Craig, could you drop some names on me for a future series of SMDM. Also what would be a dream line for you, not that this is not already a dream come true!
    A few of the characters planned so far are Oscar Goldman, Rudy Wells, Mr. X (Maskatron), Barney Hiller (7 Million Dollar Man) and a Fembot. There's one other character I can't mention because NBCUniversal hasn't given me approval yet. The remaining lineup would consist of variants, primarily of Steve Austin.

As much as I would like to say what my dream line is I've learned from past mistakes to keep my mouth shut on subjects like this. I have no doubt that other toy companies are keeping a close eye on how well the Super 7 Alien ReAction figures and my Six Million Dollar Man figures do. If both are successful I'm sure you'll see other companies trying their luck with this scale and format. If that happens, I'd like to try and improve my odds of getting the chance to do my dream line. So for now, I'm keeping quiet on that one.

Comment

• ZICA
      Persistent Member
      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Jeff Cope
      Archaia Press is doing some Space 1999 in comics (some new, some reprints) which could add some additional visibility for a related figure project.

Admittedly the timing isn't quite there... ;-)

Now, if only someone would reprint the Charlton SMDM series!)
      Space 1999 would be awesome but I don't see how it could be successful without doing the ship, which unfortunately would be insanely expensive.

Comment

• jp1977
        • Jun 13, 2013

Just as long as we get as many figures as possible. Congrats to you and thanks for making this happen. I have always said the golden age of toys was the mid 1970s thru late 1980s. I can remember Toys R Us having five isles of just action figures. It was insane.

Comment

• jp1977
          • Jun 13, 2013

I can also remember my pop flippin out if I wanted two Star Wars figures at a time. "Just one and be lucky you got that." The other thing was his utter refusal to purchase more than one Stormtrooper, Biker Scout, Royal Guard. "You have that already, I not wastin money on toys you gotten." Once I tricked him into s second Stormtrooper and my idiot sister, who liked boys toys, says "Great now we have two" Pop glared at me and returned it for the Power Droid.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Just as long as we get as many figures as possible. Congrats to you and thanks for making this happen. I have always said the golden age of toys was the mid 1970s thru late 1980s. I can remember Toys R Us having five isles of just action figures. It was insane.
            Thanks, and I'll do my best to try and make sure the line is a success.

Comment

• ZICA
              Persistent Member
              • May 7, 2006

I can also remember my pop flippin out if I wanted two Star Wars figures at a time. "Just one and be lucky you got that." The other thing was his utter refusal to purchase more than one Stormtrooper, Biker Scout, Royal Guard. "You have that already, I not wastin money on toys you gotten." Once I tricked him into s second Stormtrooper and my idiot sister, who liked boys toys, says "Great now we have two" Pop glared at me and returned it for the Power Droid.
              Yeah, the Stormtrooper was always, and still is, one my favorite Star Wars figures. It's hard to only have one troop builder figure in your collection.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                • Feb 4, 2008

What about Dr. Dolenz who created Mr. X - I believe he was in at least three episodes. It would be great to have a few more villains and who doesn't love a mad doctor?

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JFAWWE
                  What about Dr. Dolenz who created Mr. X - I believe he was in at least three episodes. It would be great to have a few more villains and who doesn't love a mad doctor?
                  In my post I didn't list all of the characters that are planned for the line.

Comment

• enyawd72
                    Maker of Monsters!
                    • Oct 1, 2009

My absolute dream toyline for this scale would have to be Johnny Quest...oh the possibilities. Aside from all the main crew, think of all the villains...lizard men, the mummy, Dr. Zin, Dietrich the gargoyle, Po-Ho natives, pygmies, Zin's Spider Robot, Dr. Ashida, Sumi
                    Last edited by enyawd72; Jun 14, '13, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                      • Feb 4, 2008

Hi Craig - had a quick question. Are you able to do any generic thugs or make up your own villain for the line?

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by JFAWWE
                        Hi Craig - had a quick question. Are you able to do any generic thugs or make up your own villain for the line?
                        I can't say for sure but I feel like it would probably be an option. That's basically what Kenner did for the Maskatron character.

Comment

• JFAWWE
                          • Feb 4, 2008

I have been watching the Six Million Dollar Man season DVD's since the announcement and have a few more characters I'd like to see. As I mentioned earlier definatley need Dr. Dolenz but I would also like to see Dr. Richards and Torg!

Comment

• Scousebadger
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2, 2012

Preorder placed! Can't wait!

Comment

• bgiles73
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 14, 2010

Finally got my order in too! I can't wait until these are out. When will that be anyway?

Comment

• Scousebadger
                                Veteran Member
                                • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by bgiles73
                                Finally got my order in too! I can't wait until these are out. When will that be anyway?
                                BBTS said third quarter of this year

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎