Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bgiles73
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 14, 2010

Me too....and the Super 7 Alien figures as well!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
      Who was the genius at Kenner who came up with hot pink color scheme to sell a boys' toy line?

These will look great hanging in my collection.
      Mego's Batman, Batgirl, Hulk, & Mr, Fantastic like it, too.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bantha5
        Museum Super Collector
        • May 2, 2013

Spot on and pitch perfect. This is looking like a great year for vintage Kenner fans. Craig, did the sculptor use the Bigfoot from the vintage SSP set as a reference? I will be buying these and any others you come up with. Ryan

Comment

• garfoot
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 28, 2012

I am a big SMDM fan and I bought the BBP 8" versions, but I am super excited about the retro look of these 4" figures. Plus, I can put them in protective cases and hang them next to my vintage Star Wars. I will fully support this line and hope it goes long enough to get the playsets that Craig would love to make. Between BBP, Zica, and FTC, this is turning out to be a great year for old school collectors!!!

Comment

• garfoot
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 28, 2012

I am curious to see how you pull off the Fembot figure. I know tooling a removable face on a 4" figure can be tricky. Hasbro pulled it off a few years back with a Darth Vader figure. I know BBP just went with the robot face, but it would be super cool to have a Fembot that you can put her face on.

By the way, when does preordering begin for these wonderful figures?

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Maybe something like the vintage GI joe Zartan with his facemask.

Comment

• garfoot
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 28, 2012

Originally posted by Hedji
                Maybe something like the vintage GI joe Zartan with his facemask.
                That would work.

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Bantha5
                  Craig, did the sculptor use the Bigfoot from the vintage SSP set as a reference?
                  I was wondering that, too. They look great and I'm really looking forward to getting them!

Comment

• ZICA
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Bantha5
                    Spot on and pitch perfect. This is looking like a great year for vintage Kenner fans. Craig, did the sculptor use the Bigfoot from the vintage SSP set as a reference? I will be buying these and any others you come up with. Ryan
                    Thanks Ryan. Actually the vintage 14" Bionic Bigfoot figure was used as the reference. I considered using the Bigfoot figure from the SSP set but in the end I thought a 1/18 scale version of the larger figure would be the cooler.

Originally posted by garfoot
                    I am curious to see how you pull off the Fembot figure. I know tooling a removable face on a 4" figure can be tricky. Hasbro pulled it off a few years back with a Darth Vader figure. I know BBP just went with the robot face, but it would be super cool to have a Fembot that you can put her face on.

By the way, when does preordering begin for these wonderful figures?
                    Pulling off the removable face mask option will be a challenge but I think it's possible. I'm not so sure Kenner would have done it back in the day but I think the feature can be included and still keep that vintage vibe.

I'm getting ready to send out preorder information to various online retailers tomorrow so hopefully they'll start taking them before the end of the week. And FYI, there will be a really nice incentive to place a preorder.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                      Career Member
                      • Jul 30, 2012

Space:1999, UFO, Thunderbirds, Starsky & Hutch, S.W.A.T, Miami Vice, and Back To the Future would be great to see done in this format, too. Would like to see CB McHaul make a comeback as well. I know there would be a lot of tooling involved, but I've also had a fondness for the old Turbo Tower of Power and Micronauts lines. Too bad Hasbro currently has the Micronauts license, but are currently not doing anything with it. I will support the SMDM line for sure.
                      Last edited by Bionicfanboy66; Jun 3, '13, 9:59 PM.

Comment

• garfoot
                        Museum Patron
                        • Aug 28, 2012

I will be placing a preorder the day they are available, and by the way, who doesn't love incentive.

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

Properties I'd love to see done in Kenner style:

Flash Gordon (1980)
                          V
                          Star Trek
                          Jaws
                          Batman 1966

Comment

• saintsyn
                            • Mar 18, 2010

I have the PERFECT idea for the Fembot based off of an old line of toys whose name escapes me.... Basically make the Fembots hair removable and have the head be two sided... That way the hair covers whichever side you want hidden. Then you just pop off the hair twist the head around pop the hair back on and viola!

If these are a hit I sure hope to see mission packs like the old days... Maybe have a Steve with swap-out limbs?

I also second the suggestions of V and Flash Gordon (1980)

Comment

• garfoot
                              Museum Patron
                              • Aug 28, 2012

I'm liking the blue suit Steve, can't wait to see the other figures in this series. I only wish that Jaime was part of the license, then we would get 8" BBP and 4" Zica versions. Oh well, I'm happy with what we are getting.

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Sorry to throw another off topic license wish into your thread, Craig, but you would be my hero if you produced Creepshow action figures in this style.

Nate (Fathers Day)
                                Jorrdy Verril (Stephen King weed man)
                                Water Zombies two pack
                                Fluffy (the Crate monster)
                                Raoul the Ghoul (the Creepshow host)
                                Upson Pratt with cockroaches

Always thought those characters were very toyetic.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎