Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZICA
    Persistent Member
    • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
    Oh but Hammer Horror films haven't been done as figures before. I would love to see those happen! Oh, and Dark Shadows!
    Both of those would be good choices, as well as KISS that was mentioned earlier. I feel like the Super 7's Alien ReAction figures and my SMDM figures are going to give a pretty good indication as to how successful a line can be when done in this scale and a retro style. If both do very well I'm sure other companies will follow suit.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I'm ready to pre-order wave 3 of SMDM and wave 1 was just announced. Darn, I'm excited for these.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• jimsmegos
        Mego Dork
        • Nov 9, 2008

As far as suggestions go, what could be a fun line considering the scale and style, IMO would be BJ and the Bear.

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Congrats Graig. You really blew this one up. You really went authentic, classic style instead of the modern 3 3/4 stuff and have paid Kenner a HUGE tribute with this line. Now Bigfoot and Chewbacca can hang out and pick ticks off eachother. Outfreakinstanding.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by jimsmegos
            As far as suggestions go, what could be a fun line considering the scale and style, IMO would be BJ and the Bear.
            I agree but the one big hurdle on that one would be the truck because of the high tooling cost. But then again, I could always use it a second time for a new retro CB McHaul line.

Comment

• jimsmegos
              Mego Dork
              • Nov 9, 2008

Yep, also Smokey and the Bandit, A Sheriff Lobo tie in, hmmmmmm the possibilities

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

I'd like to think a juxtaposition would work well too by taking a completely modern property and making retro, Kenner style figs. I know cars would be an issue, but how cool would a Fast and Furious line of retro figures be? Eh, probably not...
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Random Axe
                  I'd like to think a juxtaposition would work well too by taking a completely modern property and making retro, Kenner style figs.
                  Actually that's a great idea, and I think it would work for a property like Firefly or maybe Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I know they're not current but they're modern enough to work with that concept.

Comment

• gaga4toyz
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 10, 2004

Those figures are awesome bro. My one small suggestion would be to add a sticker to Steve's chest like the vintage one. I was also thinking I could buy a second Bigfoot for a chewbacca custom.

Comment

• bgiles73
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 14, 2010

I just thought of a line that like the Alien line made it all the way up to prototypes and packaging stages but never made it into production- The Dark Crystal! I'd sure love to see that 3 3/4" scaled line bought by Super 7 or Zica and finally realized after all these years. That movie was a really cool concept!

Comment

• garfoot
                        Museum Patron
                        • Aug 28, 2012

Congrats on the great figures Craig, can't wait to add these to the collective.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ZICA
                          At the risk of being publicly scorned I honestly don't remember the Kolchak series at all, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider it. Seems like there's definitely a fanbase for it. As for a monster line, I think Remco did a great job with the Universal monsters in this style so I'm not so sure there would be a market for what would basically be reproductions.
                          well, Remco didn't get real deep in the Monster line.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Scousebadger
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2, 2012

Originally posted by ZICA
                            Actually that's a great idea, and I think it would work for a property like Firefly or maybe Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I know they're not current but they're modern enough to work with that concept.
                            I would KILL for retro-styled figures of those series!

Not to mention Hammer horror.

Comment

• Byrnes
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 19, 2011

I know people love to fantasize about all the lines ZICA could make and offer up opinions of what should be done(and rightfully so cause ZICA is awesome Toymaker). BUT lets make sure this is fully supported first before we start offering up other lines for ZICA to do. I made the mistake of waiting for more figures from Buck Rogers before I orderd Buck and Tigerman cause I just assumed the 5 would be made. That will not happen again. If we concentrate on these 2 figures and other SMDM waves for the time being then others lines will hopefully come along in time.

Great stuff Craig, congrats to you and the sculpter on fantastic looking Retro figures.
                              Last edited by Byrnes; Jun 4, '13, 10:44 AM.
                              WWW.OG13.com - GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Star Trek, toys and more

Comment

• Hedji
                                Citizen of Gotham
                                • Nov 17, 2012

Yep, I'm prepared to fully support these.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎