Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Action Figures Official Announcement!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Those are perfect! Bravo good sir!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Really loving these, I longed for the days of the functional action figure. I mean that without sarcasm.

I also know what you must have invested, I pursued doing the same thing in 2005 (well, not for a license this smart) and the tooling, my God, the tooling....
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

You captured it the 70s action figure perfectly. Big Foot is amazing.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Jason73
          Correctamundo!
          • Jan 11, 2009

I can not wait for these.
          Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• ribefex
            Museum Patron
            • Dec 19, 2008

Congratulations. Very good presentation, as always.

And I'm glad to see you've put articulation in the knees, unusual in Kenner (Super Powers, Indiana Jones and Robin Hood only?)

Comment

• turnbolt
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 26, 2008

Wow!! Can't wait to see the packaging.
              I like toys.

Colonel Raines' Toy Chest

Comment

• ZICA
                Persistent Member
                • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                Craig, these are FANTASTIC!!! Looks like something Brian would have found in a lost Kenner dealer catalog which never made it out!

Love the painting of Steve as well. You guys are doing fantastic work. Congrats!!!

Chris
                Thanks Chris! I was shooting for 100% vintage Kenner and I think I got it.

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                Wow! I'm not really a tiny figure kinda person, but I have to say, those are so groovy! how much will they sell for?
                The SRP on these is expected to be $19.99 each, which is the same price that Super 7 put on their Alien ReAction figures. However, I'm going to try and see if I can get these into Toys R Us which will hopefully result in a lower price.

Originally posted by ribefex
                Congratulations. Very good presentation, as always.

And I'm glad to see you've put articulation in the knees, unusual in Kenner (Super Powers, Indiana Jones and Robin Hood only?)
                The reason for the knee joints is because if there's ever an O.S.I playset for the line it would look pretty strange to have Steve and Oscar with their legs sticking straight out sitting in a chair. Thank goodness Kenner did use knee joints on some of the action figure lines.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Craig, you have outdone yourself again. those look fantastic and I cannot wait to get my hands on a set

Comment

• bgiles73
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 14, 2010

Hey Craig, have you given any thought to getting these into comic shops too? It would really be cool to be able to find these at Toys R Us and I certainly wish you all the luck there, because that would mean maybe we might get more licensed classics. Just seeing these has me hoping that you might be an X-Files fan. I want a Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in this format and some Greys!
                    Last edited by bgiles73; Jun 1, '13, 2:13 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

Comment

• ZICA
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
                      Hey Craig, have you given any thought to getting these into comic shops too? It would really be cool to be able to find these at Toys R Us and I certainly wish you all the luck there, because that would mean maybe we might get more licensed classics. Just seeing these has me hoping that you might be an X-Files fan. I want a Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in this format and some Greys!
                      The best way to get these into comic shops would be via Diamond Comics, and that's a possibility. I've never been a big fan of the X-Files but that's not to say I wouldn't consider the property for this style of action figure.

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

I'd love to see classic Star Trek done in this format too. These remind me of the Galoob Star Trek: The Next Generation line. The articulation is the same. I could see a lot of difficulty with that license the way it's all split between CBS/Paramount Diamond Select Toys/ Hasbro but maybe since its a retro 3 3/4" figure, it could maybe happen? I know it's a lot to ask for, but I definitely have faith that if anyone could make it happen-You da man, Craig!

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by bgiles73
                          I'd love to see classic Star Trek done in this format too. These remind me of the Galoob Star Trek: The Next Generation line. The articulation is the same. I could see a lot of difficulty with that license the way it's all split between CBS/Paramount Diamond Select Toys/ Hasbro but maybe since its a retro 3 3/4" figure, it could maybe happen? I know it's a lot to ask for, but I definitely have faith that if anyone could make it happen-You da man, Craig!
                          I agree, classic Star Trek would look great in this format.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

^Oh man...my mouth is foaming at the thought of that.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Man in Tights
                              • Oct 28, 2009

Back to SMDM - this is the coolest concept since the G.I. Joe Adventure Team were reimagined in 3.75" scale.

Loving all the vintage figures being repro'd or reimagined in all scales these past couple of years.

Craig, don't suppose 12" SMDM repros are a possibility ...?
                              Last edited by Man in Tights; Jun 3, '13, 4:42 PM. Reason: Correcting name from Chris to Craig!

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Beyond cool! So wonderfully Kenner. Just wow!

Edit

I just can't stop looking at the picture. It reminds me how deeply I miss Kenner.
                                Last edited by Werewolf; Jun 2, '13, 1:10 AM.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎