Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

One thing that gives me hope (even though it just wasn't a line I was into) was how deep they went they went with Space 1999, going five waves. If we get five waves (or more) of Batman the character selection/outfits should start getting a bit deeper.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I do not want the ReMegos to look like the DCnU. I stopped getting comics because of that mess. I want my ReMegos to look like the classic versions of the DCU.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

If they don't look like the classic versions of the DCU I will stop buying. Not wasting my money on comics or figures based on that worthless stuff.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
          Look at how long it took EMCE to get to their new Trek stuff.
          lol Do you really want to hold that up as an example, considering the cancelled figures, production changes, & switch to TNG?
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• imp
            Mego Book Author
            • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
            Batman is even more popular than either Kiss or Star Trek, so logically Batman MEGOS should do better then Kiss or Trek Megos.
            I don't believe BATMAN collectors are as tethered to the 1970s (Mego era) as are KISS and STAR TREK collectors. Because the latter two properties enjoyed their heyday alongside Mego, I suspect there is a stronger connection to Mego-style toys. The BATMAN property, conversely, transcends any era.

Because we all love Mego, it's hard for some to grok that these charmingly goofy, oven mitt-wearing wonders DO NOT APPEAL to toys- and comics-collectors outside the Mego community. Sure, there may be more BATMAN fans than KISS or STAR TREK fans, but the popularity comparison is to Mego Batman, not to All Batman. MEGO fans do not outnumber STAR TREK or KISS fans. Not by tens of thousands.

Here's a hard truth: A casual, modern-day Batman collector will not necessarily purchase Mego Batman stuff. Mego figures are simply too silly for a lot of comic bookies and for those who grew up after the 1970s. I talk to guys like this at my local comic shop nearly every week, and they won't touch a Mego doll. On a lark, some Batman collectors might pick up a Mego Batman figure, but remember: We're discussing the Series 2 FTC assortment: There is no "Batman" figure here!

Nope, just a 1970s-looking Bruce Wayne, another guy in a Goodwill suit, and a couple of second-tier villains.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Second-tier? Ouch. To be fair--esp. in comparison to wave-mate Joker--Riddler is more B-List than either Catwoman or Penguin. Mego sold scads of Penguin back in the day, even if he's been eclipsed by Two-Face and (!?) Mr. Freeze now...
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

sorry, but not one of the Bat-villains that appeared in both the 1966 movies and Burton and or Nolan films can be considered second tier.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Figuremod73
                  That 80's guy
                  • Jul 27, 2011

I've always considered The Penguin just below the Joker and Catwoman myself. In the classic batman books he was always a good read.

Comment

• imp
                    Mego Book Author
                    • Apr 20, 2003

Oh, please. Joker is in a class all by himself. Joker owns "top-tier" designation, regardless of era or iteration.

Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman and Two-Face are all second tier. For a younger generation, Bane and Harley Quinn are in that list. IMO, other Batman villains are D-List. Killer Croc. Ras Al-Guhl. Clayface. Etc.

Man, you guys are sensitive. Thicken up, kids!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

not sensitive at all, I just don't agree with your downgrading of two villains that consistently get merchandising and lots of air time in cartoons and movies. Heck, Penguin even got more West episodes than the Joker.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Harley Quinn--beloved, but a hench-moll--B-List? Ra's al Ghul, D-list? Imp, You've either got to acknowledge the composite influence & merchandising of the foes, or go strictly by the comics. You can't have it both ways lol.

Perhaps FTC should do a Prof. Pyg reMego .

And believe me, as a champion fan of O. C. Cobblepot, Capt. Marvel, & Aquaman--I have a very thick skin.

Comment

• imp
                          Mego Book Author
                          • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          not sensitive at all, I just don't agree with your downgrading of two villains that consistently get merchandising and lots of air time in cartoons and movies. Heck, Penguin even got more West episodes than the Joker.
                          Movies and Cartoons? Okay, Joker was the villain in the first Tim Burton Batman movie. (Many of us would like to forget the Penguin in the second Burton flick.) Joker was arguably the best part of the Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy (not a Penguin in sight, BTW). Joker was the principal villain in Batman: The Animated Series and was the villain in the Batman Beyond movie.

Comics? Penguin has never had a story as significant as Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. That was Joker. Catwoman has never been the baddie in something like Moore's The Killing Joke. That was Joker.

You guys can argue all you want, but the fact remains: Joker stands alone as the #1 top Batman villain, and everyone else is in a constant race for second place.
                          Last edited by imp; Jun 2, '13, 2:03 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Well, if they're so secondary, then they're perfectly placed in wave TWO. How you think Riddler rates Wave 1, by comparison, confuses me. Riddler is often depicted as a Joker wanna-be.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Joker is and always will be #1. Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman (the '66 series is still influential to this day) are his next level of most famous foes with Two-Face and Mr. Freeze joining that faction. After that Harkey Quinn and Bane (ugh) have probably made the most impressions on the collective consciousness of the average Joe.

Everyone else after that, including the much beloved Ras Al Ghul, Killer Moth (!), Clayface, Man-Bat et al are inconsequential as far as the general public is concerned.

Just like Spider-Man....everyone knows The Green Goblin, Dr. Octopus and Venom but no one really cares or knows about the Kingpin, the Shocker, Man-Wolf, the Scorpion, etc. besides those who actively follow comics lore. As far as the general public is concerned they not even exist. Which is why you can have Jamie Foxx as Electro looking nothing like most fans want him to look like in the upcoming Spider-Man film. They're catering to the general public, not the fans.
                              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• imp
                                Mego Book Author
                                • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                Well, if they're so secondary, then they're perfectly placed in wave TWO. How you think Riddler rates Wave 1, by comparison, confuses me. Riddler is often depicted as a Joker wanna-be.
                                Riddler does not "rate Wave 1" to me. My point is that they are ALL pretenders to Joker's throne.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎