Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

The ad says "look for future releases to include other batman characters and their secret identities" Hmm.....

-Chris
    Last edited by megomania; May 31, '13, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• imp
      Mego Book Author
      • Apr 20, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
      Bottom line, if you want to see non Batman figures, you better buy the first three waves.
      Bottom line: NO.

I already pre-ordered the entire Series 1 set. All four of 'em. But I won't be getting any of Series 2. Sorry.

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

You do know I do not work for FTC or WB/DC. I have no idea why they are releasing just Batman Family in the first three waves. I love my Megos. This is why I have spent over $1000 rebuilding my collection. I want all the ReMegos and I would love to get new figures. I have stopped buying other figures just to focus on Megos. I am only trying to give my guess as to way they are releasing the figures that they are doing. I have been in the selling/trading/buying of toys for over 20 years now. So I am just drawing from knowledge of past toy sales to try and figure out what is going on.

That being said I really want to know what the fourth figure in wave 3 is going to be and when waves are going to get released.
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• ovenmitt
          Persistent Member
          • May 26, 2009

Did Figures have the rights to ALL DC characters from the start or just Batman? I love Batman and the Batman characters comprised a big chunk of my childhood WGSH! So, I don't mind Batman leading off new WGSH! Superman deserves representation in 2013 for hs 75th!

After the 3 Batman waves it will only take another 3 DC reissue waves:

Superman, Clark Kent, Supergirl, Mr Mxyzptlk

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Arrow

Teen Titans- Aqualad, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy

Then on with the NEW! A DC Multiverse to select from!

Comment

• needahero
            • Jun 12, 2010

I am new to the collector scene only had megos as a kid but will buy these to rekindle my childhood hope I have the courage to open these items when I get them. Are they going to make Marvell figures ? If not pls tell why?

Comment

• monitor_ep
              Talkative Member
              • May 11, 2013

FTC hasn't ruled out about the Marvel figures, it is up to Disney if they want to go with Remegos.
              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• garfoot
                Museum Patron
                • Aug 28, 2012

When Figures first announced they were remaking Mego figures, first we thought that only Batman related stuff would be available. They showed us the carrying case then we knew that there would probably be 11 figures made, possibly a 12th yet to be determined. So my initial thoughts were okay, wave 1-3 will be Batman merchandise. So this marketing plan fits. These were always going to be the first 11 figures out of the gate. It wasn't until the interview with Figures that we found out that the entire DC Universe (minus movies) was at their disposal.

From a marketing standpoint, of which I know something about, it makes sense to start out with Batman, their heavy hitter. The Nolan trilogy not so far removed, the '66 tv show merchandise about to hit everywhere this summer, why not test the market to see how these new figures are received? I personally think these will do well because their Batman, and they bring back found memories for so many of us. If series 1-3 do well, then expand the series into others. We know the other DC Megos by heart, and we know what should be released, but we must step back and take personal feelings out of the equation. I believe Figures love these figures as much as we do, and I know that they will make as many as they can as long as they sell.

They have been open and honest on Facebook to me about their desire for these to succeed. I can see these going for several years, and bringing us 100 figures, if the figures do well. Out of all their announced lines, I think that this one has the legs to be their flagship. DC and possibly Marvel in the future, I like those odds. But being as this is a business, only time will tell. With Man of Steel only a couple weeks away, I wouldn't be shocked if a certain "S" man showed up in series 4.

Comment

• Jason73
                  Correctamundo!
                  • Jan 11, 2009

I don't own any of the original versions of the wave 2 assortment so I am all in on these.
                  Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I'm passing on all these and saving my money for the Adam West series. If they do some new figures that weren't from Mego or covered by Mattel recently I'll get those, too.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                      Persistent Member
                      • Aug 12, 2004

I ordered a 12-figure case of wave#1 because I really want to support this line.

I'm in for at least a single set of wave#2, but I'm really disappointed that Batgirl didn't make the cut.

Batgirl has a removable cowl, so I suppose it makes sense to pair her up with removable cowl/mask Batman & Robin.

I'm really curious to see what mystery figure rounds out wave#3. Assuming it's a completely new addition to the Batman family of figures, I sure hope it's Mr. Freeze. Possibly with removable helmet/dome.

Comment

• madmarva
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jul 7, 2007

Unless you're on the inside and know all the hows and whys, it's difficult to hazard a guess why Figures.com opted for the characters in the second wave. I can see the logic behind it, but I also understand why it's being questioned, too.

Some think it's a good selection; others don't. It's not a particularly attractive wave to me b/c i never liked the head sculpts on Bruce and Dick or the version of Cat Woman Mego made. But I also know if anything were altered with the figures, there would be complaints about not duplicating those figures exactly.

If it does prove to be a bad choice, hopefully Figures.com can forge on and make better educated selections in the future.

I too would like to see a Superman wave as well as mixing in some new characters, but I'm most eager to see the final versions of the first 66 wave after seeing the peeks we've been given. I would love to see figures of Jimmy Olson, Lois Lane, Perry White and ect.

A true love wave would be fun for Valentines with Lois Lane, Col. Steve Trevor, Selina Kyle and Mera.

A Halloween wave could include SwampThing, Deadman, Spectre and Phantom Stranger

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by imp
                          Bottom line: NO.

I already pre-ordered the entire Series 1 set. All four of 'em. But I won't be getting any of Series 2. Sorry.
                          I wasn't referring to you personally...just making a general statement. As you say, collectors want variety, and you're right. Variety is coming...we've been told up front what CTVT's plans are for this line. The sky's the limit. BUT, if the first few waves don't sell, you can kiss all that variety goodbye.
                          I really don't think it'll be a problem anyway. SI and RC are some of the most expensive hardest to find originals there are. I can't imagine these won't sell like crazy.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 12, 2004

Second only to Action Jackson, that Bruce Wayne head sculpt is just about the ugliest thing Mego ever produced.

Comment

• smonte00
                              Veteran Member
                              • Aug 19, 2005

Are there any plans to sell these at toy stores, like the DC Retro figures? It was so cool to see those on a peg like when we were kids. My son is getting to the age where he's starting to like megos now and I just think its a nice experience for him as it would be for others. At least he's getting the chance to rip open the packages. That's part of the fun.

Comment

• madmarva
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jul 7, 2007

Toys R Us does carry specialty items that may be ordered from Diamond Distributors, which sells to comic book stores and other novelty stores. From time to time, I've seen DC Direct items that weren't mass marketed in TRU from time to time, but considering their exclusive deal with Mattel's reMego figures didn't go so well, I could see why TRU wouldn't allocate space for these figures. If the figures were more realistic in the sculpting, maybe. TRU might have more interest in the 66 Batman line, but maybe not since it is the exclusive mass-market retailer for the Mattel 66 Batman line.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎