X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim Of Eternity"

The first episode is a sequel to "Who Mourns for Adonis" with Michael Forrest returning as a prematurely aged and powerless (or is he?) Apollo.

I watched it and good gosh, as much as I love the new movie for what it is, this is my warm and fuzzy comfortable shoe Star Trek. Complete with the morality play and Kirk wrestling with the issue of how to handle Apollo.

The acting overall is good, with some hiccups here and there. I admit a Dr. McCoy that has a paunch, compared to the eternal svelteness of De Kelley takes a little getting used to. Chris Doohan does his father proud, the Kirk comes off generally well, Spock is fairly good (but no Nimoy) too. Grant comes off a little awkward sometimes as Sulu since he seems to want to imitate George Takai a bit.

The set recreations are breathtaking and the Enterprise CGI is fine.

It clocks in at 51 minutes, just like an original episode and even has the episode act structure as if there were commercial breaks. It really did feel like a Trek episode even with the different cast.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Very interesting--I was only familiar with ST: Phase 2
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Hey, this one is holding my attention more than Phase 2... that's pretty neat right there.

I wish they'd do this with more shows. I'm not even all that familiar with TOS but it's a kick to see "new episodes" of it.

The Greatest American Hero stuff that was done recently was awesome.

As I'm watching more, I am more impressed. I'd like to hear what the "real" fans of this show are thinking. I never saw the original episode that this is a sequel to.

Also, when are they gonna do this with ST: TNG? If they did something of this quality with TNG, I'd be thrilled. Kirk, Spock, etc. are cool and all... but I'm a TNG guy. To see other actors take on those roles and to see sequels to favorite TNG episodes would be so VERY cool.

SPOILER AHEAD:

That REMINDS me! How about the intro? THAT'S a nice TNG tribute, right?
      Last edited by huedell; May 26, '13, 11:39 AM. Reason: Having watched more...
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• mego73
        Printed paperboard Tiger
        • Aug 1, 2003

you can stream the original here:

i am just tickled pink by this though and they are working in more shows. TNG might be a possibility in the future, especially since there is a group trying to build a replica of the TNG bridge for an exhibit.

Originally posted by huedell
        Hey, this one is holding my attention more than Phase 2... that's pretty neat right there.

I wish they'd do this with more shows. I'm not even all that familiar with TOS but it's a kick to see "new episodes" of it.

The Greatest American Hero stuff that was done recently was awesome.

As I'm watching more, I am more impressed. I'd like to hear what the "real" fans of this show are thinking. I never saw the original episode that this is a sequel to.

Also, when are they gonna do this with ST: TNG? If they did something of this quality with TNG, I'd be thrilled. Kirk, Spock, etc. are cool and all... but I'm a TNG guy. To see other actors take on those roles and to see sequels to favorite TNG episodes would be so VERY cool.

SPOILER AHEAD:

That REMINDS me! How about the intro? THAT'S a nice TNG tribute, right?

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• mego73
          Printed paperboard Tiger
          • Aug 1, 2003

Darn, can you do Netflix? It is streaming there. I think Amazon and Hulu too.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

oh

https://www.startrekcontinues.comApollo returns to wreak havoc on Kirk and the Enterprise in the first episode of the new series.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• zwischenstufe
              • Aug 8, 2011

I really liked this episode!! The cast acted well and this really FELT like old Trek. I still think Starship Exeter is the best of the fan films to feel like original Trek, but this is the next closest I've seen! i HIGHLY recommend this to any Trek fan that's missing the old episodes!!

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by mego73
                you can stream the original here:

i am just tickled pink by this though and they are working in more shows. TNG might be a possibility in the future, especially since there is a group trying to build a replica of the TNG bridge for an exhibit.
                Thanks, man!
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• johnmiic
                  Adrift
                  • Sep 6, 2002

Holy cow. Jamie Bamber, (Capt. Apollo, new BSG), played the other crew-member in the space-suit and the computer voice was Marina Sirtis! That guest actress, Michelle Spect has a lot of pics on IMDB:

Michele Specht photos, including production stills, premiere photos and other event photos, publicity photos, behind-the-scenes, and more.
                  Last edited by johnmiic; May 27, '13, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• bleit1701
                    Career Member
                    • Jan 1, 2009

Grant Imahara (mythbusters) is Sulu. I did not recognize him. Nor Jamie Bamber but he was behind the mesh helmet. I did think it was Marina Sirtis as the computer.
                    It would be cool if they continue the sci fi guest stars as red shirts that get killed off every ep.
                    I thought the guy playing Apollo looked similar to Micheal Forrest and lo and behold it was him.

I would love to walk around the sets.

The feed was jerky as first but once the whole thing had downloaded it played fine.
                    Better late than never.....

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Regarding Michael Forrest, and what I think is a great performance in this new episode: when I stop to think about it, I find it amazing how old these TOS Star Trek actors are. They're in their early 80s and kicking butt as actors. I feel weird giving them "kudos" just for merely making it to that age, and still working, but it feels good, dangit.

I didn't know who Forrest was before I saw this episode, but now I'm glad I did get to know his background and see him act.

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

I didn't have time to watch the whole thing, (I will later), but from what I saw, it seems to have the feel of TOS. Nicely done.
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

very well done, hope it doesn't turn in the sequel of the week thing. The little bit at the end showing the consequences of the crew's actions was a nice touch, too.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

Wait...so why is the doctor played by a different guy on the shorter eps? (he's no DeForrest Kelley, but he does a better job than that other guy).

Comment

• HardyGirl
                              • Apr 3, 2007

I noticed the name of the counselor was Elise McKenna. That was Jane Seymour's name in the movie "Somewhere in Time" (one of my very favorites), opposite the late, great Christopher Reeve. I wonder if she too is a time traveler.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎