Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim Of Eternity"

Images

Trek Star Trek Continues "Pilgrim Of Eternity"

The first episode is a sequel to "Who Mourns for Adonis" with Michael Forrest returning as a prematurely aged and powerless (or is he?) Apollo.

I watched it and good gosh, as much as I love the new movie for what it is, this is my warm and fuzzy comfortable shoe Star Trek. Complete with the morality play and Kirk wrestling with the issue of how to handle Apollo.

The acting overall is good, with some hiccups here and there. I admit a Dr. McCoy that has a paunch, compared to the eternal svelteness of De Kelley takes a little getting used to. Chris Doohan does his father proud, the Kirk comes off generally well, Spock is fairly good (but no Nimoy) too. Grant comes off a little awkward sometimes as Sulu since he seems to want to imitate George Takai a bit.

The set recreations are breathtaking and the Enterprise CGI is fine.

It clocks in at 51 minutes, just like an original episode and even has the episode act structure as if there were commercial breaks. It really did feel like a Trek episode even with the different cast.

http://www.startrekcontinues.com/episodes/#.UaF4ssu9KSM

Images
    Very interesting--I was only familiar with ST: Phase 2
    WANTED: RM Robin & P. Parker heads; Batman "waffle" gloves; mint Wolfman tights; Knights', Blackbeard & Conan swords; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; T1 GGoblin body (in good shape but can restring); POTA Soldier Ape minty bandolier; POTA T2 tan (chimp/orang) bodies/hands; POTA Stallion complete set of tack; Scarecrow diploma; Fighting Furies Spanish & Buccaneer outfits & MIB Hook.

Images
    Hey, this one is holding my attention more than Phase 2... that's pretty neat right there.

I wish they'd do this with more shows. I'm not even all that familiar with TOS but it's a kick to see "new episodes" of it.

The Greatest American Hero stuff that was done recently was awesome.

As I'm watching more, I am more impressed. I'd like to hear what the "real" fans of this show are thinking. I never saw the original episode that this is a sequel to.

Also, when are they gonna do this with ST: TNG? If they did something of this quality with TNG, I'd be thrilled. Kirk, Spock, etc. are cool and all... but I'm a TNG guy. To see other actors take on those roles and to see sequels to favorite TNG episodes would be so VERY cool.

SPOILER AHEAD:

That REMINDS me! How about the intro? THAT'S a nice TNG tribute, right?
    Last edited by huedell; May 26, '13 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Having watched more...
    "Clark, when people are scared, they have a tendency to hop on a bandwagon before they see who's driving it. But when they wise up, and believe me, they will, what matters is that you'll be there for them. Leading by examples just like always. Truth, justice and the American way. It ain't broke, so don't fix it. Besides, if those knuckleheads don't quit tugging on your cape, you can always kick their self-righteous behinds to kingdom come." - Pa Kent

Images
    you can stream the original here:

http://www.startrek.com/watch_episode/kftsT0dA8PNh

i am just tickled pink by this though and they are working in more shows. TNG might be a possibility in the future, especially since there is a group trying to build a replica of the TNG bridge for an exhibit.

Quote Originally Posted by huedell View Post
    Hey, this one is holding my attention more than Phase 2... that's pretty neat right there.

I wish they'd do this with more shows. I'm not even all that familiar with TOS but it's a kick to see "new episodes" of it.

The Greatest American Hero stuff that was done recently was awesome.

As I'm watching more, I am more impressed. I'd like to hear what the "real" fans of this show are thinking. I never saw the original episode that this is a sequel to.

Also, when are they gonna do this with ST: TNG? If they did something of this quality with TNG, I'd be thrilled. Kirk, Spock, etc. are cool and all... but I'm a TNG guy. To see other actors take on those roles and to see sequels to favorite TNG episodes would be so VERY cool.

SPOILER AHEAD:

That REMINDS me! How about the intro? THAT'S a nice TNG tribute, right?

I had trouble with the vimeo streaming....It would freeze and sound would keep going. I would prefer a you tube link, but couldnt find one.
    The 1/9th Warrior

Images
    Darn, can you do Netflix? It is streaming there. I think Amazon and Hulu too.

^I meant the fan film.
    The 1/9th Warrior

Images

I really liked this episode!! The cast acted well and this really FELT like old Trek. I still think Starship Exeter is the best of the fan films to feel like original Trek, but this is the next closest I've seen! i HIGHLY recommend this to any Trek fan that's missing the old episodes!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mego73 View Post
    you can stream the original here:
    http://www.startrek.com/watch_episode/kftsT0dA8PNh
    i am just tickled pink by this though and they are working in more shows. TNG might be a possibility in the future, especially since there is a group trying to build a replica of the TNG bridge for an exhibit.
    Thanks, man!
    "Clark, when people are scared, they have a tendency to hop on a bandwagon before they see who's driving it. But when they wise up, and believe me, they will, what matters is that you'll be there for them. Leading by examples just like always. Truth, justice and the American way. It ain't broke, so don't fix it. Besides, if those knuckleheads don't quit tugging on your cape, you can always kick their self-righteous behinds to kingdom come." - Pa Kent