Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a toy line you were terrified to collect?

Images
    Gentle Giant Star Wars Figures. I love them but because of their size and the price, I'm staying away. Although the Gonk droid coming out in a few months is probably gonna find a place here. Also, as I've mentioned before, Tomland Glow figures because of the price and the infrequency of their availability.

On the flip side, stuff I'm terrified of selling....Star Wars figures (most of those collectors are nuts) and baseball cards since most people won't touch the stuff unless you have it graded.
    "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Star Wars Vintage Carded. SO many card variations, foreign versions and the prices on some are crazy high. Plus people have gotten so good at fakes to make some quick money it's hard to tell what's original and what's not with those cards. So I just stuck to a nice loose set and called it a day.

Popy Jumbo Machinders. I LOVE them, but they are way too expensive and hard to find (outside of Japan) for me to even consider start collecting. I have to console myself with collecting their much more affordable and common Mattel Shogun Warrior cousins instead (plus I'll save considerably on toy room space too)

Images
    Hmmmm....

Classic Space Lego. Even though there's only a limited number of sets I want, I could see it easily getting out of hand.

Don C.

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    The Rosie O' Donnell Butterface Nudie Doll...it frightens all who see it.
    That's hilarious! There goes our next custom....right out the window.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Images
    I started the Japanese Saint Seiya (Zodiac Knights) diecast 7" line.
    They cost about $70 each.
    I quickly quit, when they started releasing two per month, some of which were $150 each. My buddy is still collecting, they're at over 100 figures now in about 8 years, and each one is more expensive than the last, with all kinds of variation paint jobs.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Images
    Back in the late 90s, I got my first Charlee Flatt figure (Black Panther). Man, I really wanted more, but the price scared me at about $275 a pop. So, I decided not to jump in. Over the next couple years, as prices soared and figures ended up costing more than my monthly mortgage payment I had some regrets about not getting in early, but once the bottom dropped out I was just glad I wasn't into those figures for 5 bills, like some folks were. Don't get me wrong, I loved the look of his figures, but I loved not having to take a bath on them even more. And, looking at the Black Panther figure still brings me immense joy. Sure, he may be the only Flatt I've got, but I'm OK with that.

I have always wanted to get the various dollfie dream anime dolls, particularly the gurren lagann ones. They are crazy expensive, but I finally bit the bullet and got the Yoko Littner. It has to be the most amazing figure/doll in my collection. Now if I save up for 6 months I might be able to buy another one.

Images
    MOTU Classics. I started after the line took off and got about 10 or so before I gave up and sold them. Problems with Matty at the time just made it too tough to stick with.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Images
    Gulliver marvel- they show up few and far between and usually pop up by foreign sellers.

Tomlands- I like em but the figures don't really fit into my collection.

Six Million dollar man- I know the Bionic Bigfoot will cost a pretty penny.