Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ever have a toy line you were terrified to collect?

Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    The Rosie O' Donnell Butterface Nudie Doll...it frightens all who see it.
    The even scarier Barbie doll. It talks.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/12-Talking-An...n+coulter.TRS0

Images
    Hot Toys due to the price but, I just buy what I REALLY like.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comic Action Heroes. They're just so expensive for minty ones.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Back in the 90's, I tried to collect any vintage toy line that sparked my interest from when I was a kid...Gi Joe, Big Jim, 6 Million Dollar Man, Hot Wheels, etc...Then I got into Marvel characters and started collecting carded figures...Then I had a big collection of Hot Toys figures...It all became too much...So I got rid of most everything and now just concentrate on GI Joe and a FEW Hot Toys figures...It really does become overwhelming if you let it...

Matt

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Megotastrophe View Post
    The even scarier Barbie doll. It talks.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/12-Talking-An...n+coulter.TRS0
    If what it says when it talks is anything that resembles the quote on the front of the box? Then I'm all for it. Next thing you know, it'll be advocating other reasonable ideas
    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

DC Direct 7'' DC figures after a few years the loose figures began crumbling piece by piece
    sitting in storage boxes at room temp. Finally decided to sell the whole collection
    and never regretted it. Even New figures right out of package would lose parts

I try to avoid collecting vinyl kaiju, because it is just such a Pandora's box with noooooo end

Matt
    Warm up?! We may as well sit around this cigarette!

Quote Originally Posted by mjaycox View Post
    I try to avoid collecting vinyl kaiju, because it is just such a Pandora's box with noooooo end

Matt
    Heh, yeah that would be a bad rabbit hole to fall into.

I collect Star Wars Unboxed/UnCarded. Have to be in Played with condition. To me, if it hasnt been played with, I dont want it. I have almost every toy, not all complete, but thats the thrill of the hunt. If you only search for Carded stuff, Its expensive and hard to find.
    I also collect, Battle Star, Buck Rogers, and any other 70-80 Space Toys. (Dont tell the Wife, but also Master of the Universe)

Now, I have always been kind of scared of collecting Matchbox/Hot Wheels, seems like there is sooo many varations, and remakes. Where to begin.
    12" GI JOES and Vintage Barbies are also in this category.

Blog Entries
    Henshin Cyborg- I have a couple of characters I love but every time I try to get an Ultraman I get a comeuppance. It's pricey, still very popular in Japan, not a good combination.