Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever have a toy line you were terrified to collect?

Ever have a toy line you were terrified to collect?

Anyone here have a line that they would love to start collecting, but were scared away because they felt the task was just way to daunting and/or expensive? For me, it's Big Jim....The foriegn stuff looks like some of the best stuff, but it just seems impossible to find. And when it does come up, its really expensive...
    You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Images
    People should be cautious of collecting the Kenner & Mego stretch figures. The cost X risk of damage is pretty high.
    Some really good homemade repros out there these days though.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't touch the stretch toys.

I also avoid Star Wars and Shogun Warriors, i like them both but with SW there are to many kids in the pool and I appear to have champagne tastes. With Shoguns, it's just about space.

A little less than 3 years ago it was all toy lines, especially Star Wars. I had a casual outside-looking-in interest in toys throughout the years, but after selling a small but nice Star Wars collection, I felt collecting toys again would be a waste of money, too tedious of a task and would make me feel like I was walking backwards in life. I was under the impression that a lot of this stuff wasn't out there anymore. Now my collection is better than the one I originally had, with the exception of a few pieces.

Next was Mego. I still have no idea what sparked my interest in Mego. I think I saw bits and pieces of stuff here and there but I was under the impression that Mego was really rare and high end stuff compared to the other lines, especially '80s ones. But before I knew it, I was finding Mego. It started with a mint Spider-Man I found in a junk shop.

Transformers. I love them. Had many of them as a kid but their all gone. Alot of the G1s are a lot of $$$ now. I know if I got started I wouldnt be able to stop.

I will buy what I think is cool.

The Rosie O' Donnell Butterface Nudie Doll...it frightens all who see it.
    Last edited by enyawd72; May 22, '13 at 3:39 PM.

Images
    yes 2 of the ones I collect now..Hot toys (even though I haven't bought one since December) and the WDCC (Walt Disney Classics figurines )

Both are very expensive, but I love them both
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

People should be cautious of collecting the Kenner & Mego stretch figures. The cost X risk of damage is pretty high.
    I wouldn't touch the stretch toys.
    Couldn't agree more...there seems to be way too much responsibility in owning those....That's a reason why I sold off my carded vintage Star Wars collection....to much responsiblility to keep them in good condition. The temperature needs to be constant, you really cant handle them...even dust could damage them...and God help you if you ever dropped one!
    You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

McFarlane figures you name the line doesn't matter because they seem to break from the moment you open them.