Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever have a toy line you were terrified to collect?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by palitoy
    Henshin Cyborg- I have a couple of characters I love but every time I try to get an Ultraman I get a comeuppance. It's pricey, still very popular in Japan, not a good combination.
    Yeah some of those are especially pricey. I will say that Henshin Cyborg is easier than the Jumbo Machinder line, those things are insanely priced. I have all of the US version Shogun line except for Rodan and lust over all of the Japan versions and stuff available over the pond.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• cjefferys
      Duke of Gloat
      • Apr 23, 2006

Henshin Cyborg is another line that I really like but don't really have the space or money for. But yeah, still cheaper than Jumbos (non-US ones), you'd need to get a second mortgage on your house, and have a lot of patience, in order to build up a good collection of them.

Comment

• KOMonger
        Banned
        • Feb 17, 2015

Growing up I had over 100 "monster dolls", what collectors are calling sofubi, but got rid of the majority back then (70's!). All I have left from back then is my modest henshin cyborg collection.

The idea of collecting monster dolls again pops into my head every now and then, first time was in the late 90's when companies like Marmit started doing them. But I've so far resisted.
        Increasing my Henshin Cyborg stuff also pops into my head, but I have a desire only to add a few items, such as the Android characters, and maybe the Shounen Cyborg accessory packs or Cyborg Jaguar outfits.

Comment

• tay666
          Career Member
          • Dec 27, 2008

Originally posted by mjaycox
          I try to avoid collecting vinyl kaiju, because it is just such a Pandora's box with noooooo end

Matt
          OMG yes.
          I've often almost bought a piece that really grabbed my attention. But I know my collecting proclivities.
          Too many options, too much money.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Kenner Star Wars for me. For Sequel films few people seem to like the added interest sure hasn't hurt the vintage figures. I had a tough time selling mine in 2013 but now Yoda's cane is going for $20.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎