X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drogge
    Career Member
    • Jul 24, 2009

Star Trek

Are the Star Trek lines finished? Hope not, I feel the orginal series line barely scratched the surface, so many aliens and baddies yet to bring to life. Any remote change Vina and Nurse Chaple might still happen?
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

Thinking EMCEE should get the license to do 8" figures from Star Trek 2009 and Into Darkness since Hasbro isn't producing action figures even though they currently have the toy license.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 22, 2011

This has been discussed numerous times in other threads. DST last word on Trek was that they really did not know what the future of their ST line would be and there were no current plans for new figures. Most of us here think DST is probably finished with 8 inch ST figures. The Vina and Chapel situation left me really disappointed and discouraged me from buying more ST figures from DST especially when they started redoing Kirk and Spock instead of new characters. It would be my guess that if DST starts up Trek again it would have to be based on the new ST movies for them to consider it worth producing. I for one have no interest in the new ST movies or toys based on them. It is my hope that somewhere down the line Figures Toy Company could obtain the ST license and we could see some great new classic ST figures and maybe repros of the three original Mego ST figures that DST would not give us.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I'm sorely disappointed not to see Emce's ST: TOS figures continue. They were so close to doing a perfect set, it would have only needed another two-three waves.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I was hoping for the female Romulan Commander to be included. She was deliciously evil!
          JediJaida

Comment

• SpaceAgent
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 21, 2009

A damn shame if it doesn't continue. It was the finest of all the recent 8" lines.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

They cant leave us hanging like that,i still want Data & the klingon & the whole next generation cast,+more classic trek,
              I am still kinda sore about the chaple /vina figures,however i still think that these were the best remakes to date,and
              i still would support this line.And i think they should bring back the Apes,if they dont Figures might.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 22, 2011

My first thought when I read Figures big announcement a few weeks ago ( after picking myself up off the floor ) was that hopefully somewhere down the line they could obtain the licenses for Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Dark Shadows. I think we would see deeper character selection and more frequent waves with more figures in a wave from those guys. These three series were some of my favorite Re-Mego lines out there along with Mattel Retro Action. All four lines left us way too short on characters.

Comment

• drogge
                  Career Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

I would not be opposed to Figures picking up the Star Trek lines, but that would mean more reissues, more repro before we get to new characters. Dr Mego, is Star Trek dead? We are getting closer to Comic Con, are we in store for some great reveals?

Comment

• zwischenstufe
                    • Aug 8, 2011

Originally posted by Mego-Amigo
                    maybe repros of the three original Mego ST figures that DST would not give us.
                    I keep trying to think of what the third figure they didn't produce is,.. I know there's the Neptunian, Talos and,.... Unless you mean releasing a copy of the original Gorn,.. Am I forgetting a figure?

Comment

• Spyweb007
                      Persistent Member
                      • Apr 18, 2006

I think there is a bit of chaos with the Trek license right now, as Paramount pictures seems to want only licensed product based on the new movies produced, and I believe another studio has the rights to the old tv show likenesses. They seem to be hindering the amount of new product with inter-company squabbling.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 22, 2011

The third figure I was referring to is the original Mego Gorn. I do love the EMCE Gorn but would still like to see a reproduction of the original.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

If Figures does pick up the line I wouldn't mine seeing a reissue of Kirk with a non giraffe neck and a non red-faced Scotty

Comment

• actjac01
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 17, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
                            If Figures does pick up the line I wouldn't mine seeing a reissue of Kirk with a non giraffe neck and a non red-faced Scotty
                            Agreed.

It might also mean seeing Neptunian, Talos & the 'Old' Gorn re-released.
                            Wouldn't say no to a reissue of the "Mission to Gamma IV" playset, which might be the only way we'd ever see that, too.
                            "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

I can understand the logic behind not re-releasing those three. They are the ones that didn't look like their TV counterparts (and Neptunian never even had one).
                              Luckily, I have mine since the Stone Age.
                              I'd still pick up an extra Talosian should they re-release him. Perhaps one with the correct robes?
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎