X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason73
    Correctamundo!
    • Jan 11, 2009

Originally posted by Delusional B
    Got mine today, too. They do look great! Oscar's head, although now correct, looks tiny compared to the previous Steves and Rudy. It would be great if BBP could release a pack of rightly scaled heads for the previous figures.
    I had feared this would be the case.
    Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• mego73
      Printed paperboard Tiger
      • Aug 1, 2003

With the release of space suit Steve, maybe they will make a head exchange deal.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• pmwasson
        Maker
        • Sep 12, 2007

Oscar Goldman is great! Here he is with a desk I made for Brown Bear's OSI Headquarters:

sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• shazam7208
          Career Member
          • Oct 28, 2008

Great desk!

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

OMG!! Paul that looks awesome. My OSI HQ has been subletted for months now but Oscar is finally on his way. Pics coming soon!
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

That desk is a knockout!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                GLOWS in the Dark!
                • May 3, 2006

Oscar looks awesome! Can someone post photos of Fembot?

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

WOW! Paul, you have seriously outdone yourself with that desk. Just beautiful man!

Comment

• mego73
                    Printed paperboard Tiger
                    • Aug 1, 2003

Great desk. I particularly love the "It's wild Steve, It's wild!" monitor at the end. Now, all you have to do is put a framed picture of Steve on his desk

Originally posted by pmwasson
                    Oscar Goldman is great! Here he is with a desk I made for Brown Bear's OSI Headquarters:

Last edited by mego73; May 31, '13, 2:44 PM.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Here's my photo review of Oscar and the Fembot. Both come with identical packaging as the first wave.

Oscar's eye glasses are located in a plastic pouch on the side interior.

The back graphics are also the same as wave one.

I open mine in the same fashion as I do all my carded figures, by making three even cuts to form a flap.

They pull out (and return) easily to the package since the tension on the flap swings back into place.

Oscar's jacket and shirt are held together by Velcro. They fit nicely on the figure and look good. The tie is attached by an elastic loop that you can pull over the head, if you wish to remove. The pants have a standard metal snap. The shoes fit nicely (no socks) and the brief case is a solid molded piece. The head sculpt looks great in person and truly resembles the actor.

The glasses are an interesting story. They come with a folded instruction sheet and a tinsy tiny adhesive square that is flesh tone on one side. The suggested direction is to peel back this square and attach it BETWEEN HIS EYES. Forget that. First, who has the fingers small enough to even peel the protective sheet back? Second, if you could, it would not solve the problem of the eyeglasses sticking out from the side of his head since there is nothing to hold them in place. So, in effect, he would look like they were pasted to his face. But no worries. My remedy? Take two little pieces of transparent tape and attached to the rims on both sides of the head (by the ears). That holds them against the head and if you rub the tape in nicely, it doesn't really show. PLEASE NOTE - These glasses are VERY brittle. Do not pull or try to bend the rims in any fashion! I'll explain in my next photo.

I immediately noticed something very familiar about these glasses... They belong to my Walter figure from the Big Lebowski line! Nice use of resources guys! They work quite nicely! But what I learned from that figure is these glasses are incredibly brittle. The slightest twist and they will snap. I had to super glue one of the rim temples back on my Walter figure. So be careful!

The Fembot is also a nice figure. I really like the head sculpt in person. The only place I grade down is on the paint apps. The factory application does not really follow the tech parts on the sculpt, so that gives it a somewhat sloppy appearance, if you study it closely. But from a casual view, it makes the right effect. No mask is included. Might have been cool to have one as a prop to pose with the figure. But really no big deal to me. That's an easy custom, if you want a face plate.

The outfit is made well and is attached by Velcro, including the belt.

The shoes are made of a firm rubber and fit snug. They remove easily and look good. Nice touch.

Overall I did not see any great discrepancy in the head sizes. This line fits well with wave one.

To conclude, I think both figures are excellent additions to the Six Mill line. Well worth the wait if you're a fan of the series. I encourage everyone to buy both figures, because these will not be out there in massive volumes and they're perfect companion pieces to Steve Austin. Priced well and a good value for the money. I believe I'll order another set to keep sealed. Well done BBP!
                      Last edited by MIB41; May 31, '13, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

Thanks for posting pics. Can't wait.
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Great review of the figures. I'd buy that desk if it's at MM.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

the Oscar I pulled had sunglasses, I think? Won't be back home until Sunday to check it out.

Comment

• Jason73
                              Correctamundo!
                              • Jan 11, 2009

Mine arrived today. I like Fembot a lot more than I thought I would. Oscar looks cool too. I will pre-order the next set.
                              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Nice pic! This has been a great line. I immensely enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎