Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

Thanks Chuck. I'll miss you guys. We've got a chance to visit my nephew in North Carolina and watch him play summer league collegiate baseball, so we're heading a little further south.
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
      70's Era Pimp
      • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by boss
      (especially since I'm not attending this year),
      Well shoot. Without you and Ed, I am sure I will be driving the other guys in the backroom absolutely nuts.....Going to miss you!

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

Originally posted by boss
        take this with a grain of salt (especially since I'm not attending this year), but last year I was disappointed in the number of high-end mego items for sale at megomeet. Besides Berto's always tremendous table, it seemed like most tables had the basic figures and/or other lines. Heck, I think I had the most carded figures for sale at 4 or 5... and none of them were rare.

I go to other toy shows not expecting to find megos. It's a bummer when I drive halfway across the country and the mego selection at megomeet is so small.

I say... bring more mego stuff.
        I agree to a fault.......I am bringing every MEGO item I found this year, which ain't much, I am sorry to say.

I do not deal in 'high end' I deal in 'affordable', but I do agree we need MEGO at MEGO MEET!
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• VintageMike
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 16, 2004

I'd love to see more myself but I feel only handful of people in our community have the "high end" stuff to sell and of those outside of Berto, their attendance is at the Meet is either sporadic or not at all. Which is NOT a criticizing those folks, just an observation. I'll use of my own collection as a example. All the below said I too and hoping for nice selection because for possibly the first time, I have a budget that's both decent and it isn't decent by hurting my finances most-Meet. Just managed to have solid plan to save this time.

6 of the boxed figures I own I got from Berto (BlueMeanie). I also bought an original Thing box from him. Also picked an all-original RC Batman from him.

At least 2 of my other boxed figures, my carded Joker, my Robin box and my pristine all original Thor came from Charlie (MegoGeek)

My Conan also came from one of the above.

3 of my carded figures came from Dan (dumbldor) and as well as one I had to sell but to help finance the purchase of two of others.

Also believe I got my my boxed Torch from Greg (Luey)

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

I'll have plenty of Mego stuff this year. Almost all loose since that's what I collect personally. I decided to trim my own collection down due to lack of display space. I stayed with the couple of lines I had as a kid which were WGSH, AJ, and I also kept the SWAT, Emergency, and Rookies from LJN which I also had. I may keep a couple of others but Apes and Trek and some others I never really had as a kid so I decided to part with those and a few others as well. I should have 4 or 5 dozen figures to sell at least and possibly more if I have a chance to sort through them all.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
              Time to feed the cat
              • Dec 30, 2007

Anything Scooby Doo?????????????

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

I have a couple of random action figures and a couple of scooby plush animals.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                  Time to feed the cat
                  • Dec 30, 2007

not into the plushy but thanks, what action figures, do you know or are they stashed away?

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎