X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jshack
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 25, 2011

POTA Reisuue Body Swaps?

Please forgive me if this hase been posted before. I love the reissue POTA figures but the bodies, especially the way the arms attach and move, leave a bit to be disired. Has anyone swamped heads to other bodies? I can see where Zira would be especially problematic. Like I said love them but worry my 8 year old will force the arms and bust them.

Thanks,
    Jason
    "To suggest that we can learn anything about the simian nature from a study of man is sheer nonsense."
  • megozilla13
    Persistent Member
    • May 10, 2002

I gave them to my nephews and they lasted for about 2 minutes of playtime. The shoulders got sucked into the body and pulling them out caused the eyelet to rip. I changed the arms to Mego arms and they are still fine. The rest of the body is great.

mikej
    WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• jwyblejr
      galactic yo-yo
      • Apr 6, 2006

It's kind of unusual to hear about someone having problems with bodies from Doc. I'm guessing it's an Apes thing maybe?

Comment

• Luke Landwalker
        Museum Super Collector
        • Oct 1, 2008

I have the Apes and star trek they all have the same problem.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

My Soldier Ape dies the same thing. Have to pose him just right or the arm pops right into the torso. Other than that the EMCE Apes are great.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Jshack
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 25, 2011

Yup...really just the arms. Good to hear you can swap for mego arms. T1 or 2? I was afraid the kids would accidentally bust the arms so they are out of rotation pending transplants.
            "To suggest that we can learn anything about the simian nature from a study of man is sheer nonsense."

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

It's a combination of the softer plastic used for the emce biceps and the supertight stringing that these figues seem to get. The arm eyelets stretch out and can break if they are pulled on. I have taken to restringing all of my emce items that come out of the package with an elastic/type 1 sort of approach. Have not had any more kids bringing me broken figures, snd the playability seems to be just fine.

Comment

• Jshack
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 25, 2011

Do they restring like a type 1 or 2? Restrung a bunch of type 1 but no type 2s yet...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

I've got a Khan and a Klingon and they both did the same thing.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• actjac01
                    Veteran Member
                    • May 17, 2009

As much I like what Emce/Daimond Select did on the retro releases of both Star Trek & Planet of the Apes, I definately had some issues with the new bodies: mainly the soft eyelets on the arms and the fact that the bodies were not strung correctly. I solved the arm issue by reinforcing the eyelets with small aluminum eyelets and trhenrestringing all of the bodies (which were many!) I have had no issuses with them since. I don't blame Doc or Emce/Diamond select for this. I think the factory that assembled these didn't completely understand how they were supposed to be put together. So, easy fix, just alittle time consuming.
                    "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• GUYx1
                      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
                      • Apr 20, 2005

How broken are they? I am in search of a pair of Zaius or Corny arms, even if broken, should anyone have a broken figure they would want to get rid of?
                      Cheers,
                      Guyx1

Comment

• robbo1970
                        • Oct 2, 2010

I have always switched my EMCE figures onto original T2's.

They gave me a great opportunity to get mint looking outfits and heads, but I've always preferred the original bodies.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎