X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fire Marshal Bill
    Career Member
    • Jul 25, 2010

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
    to use the costwald joints you only need to break apart the upper arm and part of the chest, it's really not that destructive and you just crazy glue it back together. i would be interested to see detailed photos of the elastic method you use
    Not sure what method he used , but here's a link to restringing a muscle body with elastic:

Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• chazz530
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 20, 2013

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
      Not sure what method he used , but here's a link to restringing a muscle body with elastic:

http://kungfugrip.mysite.com/restrin...e_body_joe.htm
      That's pretty much the method I used. Can't wait to do another.
      Come see my items for sale at:
      http://Webstore.com/~Chazz530

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

When you restring that way, you have issues with the arms not holding poses in mid positions. They like to 'snap' back to center. To get a full range of motion that will stay in a pose, you have to tie the forearm to the bicep and then tie just the bicep to the torso ( or across the torso to the other bicep).

Comment

• chazz530
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 20, 2013

Originally posted by rche
          When you restring that way, you have issues with the arms not holding poses in mid positions. They like to 'snap' back to center. To get a full range of motion that will stay in a pose, you have to tie the forearm to the bicep and then tie just the bicep to the torso ( or across the torso to the other bicep).
          How do you attach the neck stem? I got the forearm to bicep, I was going to try that but went the other way because I wasn't sure about the rest. Are you saying attach arm to arm? Thanks.

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

You can attach the neck stem to the uppermost body post that you see thru the neck hole.

Comment

• chazz530
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 20, 2013

Originally posted by rche
              You can attach the neck stem to the uppermost body post that you see thru the neck hole.
              Thanks. I am going to try it on my next restring. Going to be posting pics of the SJ pretty soon. Would do it tonight but going to a concert.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

I have seen that link before for restringing with elastic, to be honest that looks a lot more time consuming and difficult than just poping the upper arms and using Cotswald joints, or there are other people who make the joints much cheaper

Comment

• rche
                  channeling Bob Wills
                  • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                  I have seen that link before for restringing with elastic, to be honest that looks a lot more time consuming and difficult than just poping the upper arms and using Cotswald joints, or there are other people who make the joints much cheaper
                  I can purchase a wind of elastic for under $5 and restring maybe 20 muscle bodies without compromising the biceps or upper torso. The chrome on the buletman arms is especially delicate and less invasive is better in my opinion. So, for .25 a body compared to $15 or so for the cotswald kit, I choose to spend the extra time.

Comment

• Shanester
                    Rocket-Man
                    • Jun 22, 2001

Congrats! I find the GI Joe muscle bodies are fun to restore. The voice boxes on the talkers are a pain in the ***, but the regular MB figures are easy.

Comment

• LeeNeilson
                      • Nov 26, 2014

BUMP ☺

Hi All,

I bought a boxed Palitoy Bullet Man (I'm in the UK) last Sunday, great condition packaging and the figure itself amazingly is still strung with the original rubber. The only flaw is that some of the fingers have broken off his left hand. The guy I bought it from has offered to send me a replacement left arm from another Palitoy Bullet Man he has at home where the legs have come off.

You guys in this thread seem to be experts in the Bullet Man field so my question is this: Do you know whether it is possible to do a straight hand swap on Bullet Man? How achievable would this be? Obviously, as he is held together with his original rubber I'd rather not have to detach his whole arm to swap the hand and force a re-string. Equally, if the hand is hard to get off, I don't want to risk damaging the figure or the chrome.

I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Lee

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎