Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Million Dollar Man Bigfoot...would you buy a version 2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garfoot
    Museum Patron
    • Aug 28, 2012

As a review, so far we have BIGFOOT, RED JUMPSUIT STEVE, STEVE IN KHAKIS, STEVE IN KHAKIS WITH STACH, RUDY. Coming up we have
    OSCAR, FEMBOT, ASTRONAUT STEVE, BARNEY HILLER, AND "MASKATRON" LIKE GUY. That puts us at 10 unless I forgot someone. My questions are, will we see additional figures announced at Comic Con? We know you guys can't make Jamie, but could more female characters be in the future for this line? Also, will the cardbacks on the line stay the same or could they change with future figure releases? Lastly, do you produce any protective cases for these figures to keep them mint on card. Thank you for your time. This time I actually put this in the right thread.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
      Career Member
      • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by garfoot
      As a review, so far we have BIGFOOT, RED JUMPSUIT STEVE, STEVE IN KHAKIS, STEVE IN KHAKIS WITH STACH, RUDY. Coming up we have
      OSCAR, FEMBOT, ASTRONAUT STEVE, BARNEY HILLER, AND "MASKATRON" LIKE GUY. That puts us at 10 unless I forgot someone. My questions are, will we see additional figures announced at Comic Con?
      Thanks for counting them and collecting them. We are not disclosing anything about Comic-Con at this time. Stay tuned.

We know you guys can't make Jamie, but could more female characters be in the future for this line?
      Who are you thinking of that is memorable, popular and would sell?

Also, will the cardbacks on the line stay the same or could they change with future figure releases?
      The currently (soon) shipping Oscar and Fembot have the original cardbacks, as they were designed last summer. Future cardbacks will be updated.

Lastly, do you produce any protective cases for these figures to keep them mint on card. Thank you for your time. This time I actually put this in the right thread.

No, but this is a great idea that may be added to our plan soon.
      Co-founder, BifBangPow!
      bifbangpow.com
      twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Krypt0nite
        Radioactive!
        • Feb 13, 2010

Hmm...

As far as marketable female characters go:

I'd suggest astronaut Kelly Wood from "The Rescue of Athena One" played by Farrah Fawcett and Bigfoot's keeper Shalon played by Stephanie Powers. Maybe Gillian from "The Return of Bigfoot" played by Sandy Duncan and Oscar's secretary Callahan played by Jennifer Darling. Outside of these (and Jaime), the series just doesn't have that many possibilities for female action figures.
        Last edited by Krypt0nite; May 7, '13, 5:25 PM.

Comment

• garfoot
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 28, 2012

KryptOnite had some good ideas on the female characters. Anyone of those would be awesome to throw into the line. I mean if you're a diehard SMDM fan you will buy these. I know it's about making money, but how many people in the mainstream know who Barney Hiller or Rudy Wells are? These seem to be collector driven lines so I think some of these would work out great. I collect many of your 8" lines and would love to be able to protect them forever so I hope you guys can come out with some cases to go along with them. 8" retro cases are hard to find and I think you could make some money by offering them to your customers. I would love to display these on my collection wall instead of a bookcase. I hung a Steve up by his plastic hook once but it fell to the ground when the plastic hook on the back ripped off. With SMDM and now Big Bang Theory coming up, I need to display these jems. Anyway, thanks again for your time and efforts.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
            Who are you thinking of that is memorable, popular and would sell?
            As far as female leads go, I think a Farrah Fawcett figure would be a great choice. She was in the series a couple of times, plus she was a big collector's item in the 70's as a figure and many other incarnations. So it's probability for success would be high since it would touch more than just the Six Mill market. It could possibly provide a nice cross over effect and pull other buyers into this line who would want a Lee Majors figure to go with her since they were THE couple of the 70's. I think it would be a strong idea if the licensing isn't hard to get from her estate. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• Chris
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
              As far as female leads go, I think a Farrah Fawcett figure would be a great choice.
              Agreed. I wasn't sure if Labz was kidding when he wrote that but if not...Farrah.

Don't forget the Bionic Pooch! It could be part of the BBP Doggie Style line: Muffett from BSG and K-9 from Doctor Who. For the record, I have the BBP K-9.
              If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I'd love the whole gang of aliens from the Bigfoot episode...in their signature pastel suits with ascots...LOL!

Comment

• monitor_ep
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 11, 2013

I got my first character from this lineup today. I really wanted the Bigfoot and somebody sold him ebay cheap and he came in today. I would like to add this to my superhero megos but I want to know is Jamie Summer and Maximillion going to get included.
                  Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• DaBillmann
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jun 16, 2011

Ok call me dense but I thought Andre always played Bigfoot. When did Ted Cassidy?

Comment

• Brown Bear
                      Still Old School
                      • Feb 14, 2008

I'd love to see George Foreman's cameo as an Agent.
                      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎