Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

^And Chris, it's not as if Catwoman is made to follow the credits sequence.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes, good point. She'd have a cowl and blue skin!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• bobws
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 13, 2008

As long as she's not wearing the Mego outfit and wearing the Tv version it's ok.
        "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by boss
          My money's on it not being a mock up. I think it's just cutting corners.
          I still think its all DC allows them to use.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

DC is very slavish to their style guides these days. You rarely see product that doesn't have the same graphics over and over. The recent Polar Lights 66 Batmobile kits are the only ones I can think of that have unique graphics, and that was because they had no 66 material built up then.

It's a shame. The days of Mego, Remco and Ideal packaging looking totally different are gone.
            Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• rodkeith
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 16, 2008

I think there's some confusion here. This looks to me like the Retro comic-based Mego repro line, not the Batman 66 TV-based new line they're doing.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

You'd think so. But there's additional charaters on back, with colors & costune detailing that mimic '66 details. Particularly Catwoman overall and Riddler's hair color, question-mark motif. Even Penguin's colors have been streamlined to suggest Merdith's.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

And yet the logos they're using are the old Mego logos and not DC logos for the characters, adding to the confusion...
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• jimsmegos
                    Mego Dork
                    • Nov 9, 2008

Personally I think it looks better than any of their other attempts at card backs.

Comment

• kerowack
                      Career Member
                      • Feb 27, 2008

The card backs for the 66 are on the site. These are only for the remegos.

Comment

• Iron Mego
                        Wake Up Heavy
                        • Jan 31, 2010

The '66 cards have images from the show on them.
                        Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎