Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can EMCE get any kind of Superhero licenses?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by johnmiic
    I feel it's a contest to see who's "king of the hill". .
    We're waiting for hero's and hero accessories, i'll tell you what

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

What I said in another thread;

Which is exactly why a kickstarter campain would be the most viable option. Come up with an estimate as to what creating the figures would cost including the license and set that as the goal.

When we did it for a band we knew, they had a goal budget of $10,000... they raised over $30,000. The pledges were tiered so that if you pledged $20, you get a copy of the album, $40 and you get an autographed copy, $60 and you get the autographed copy plus a button and sticker, $100 and you get all that plus a T-shirt, $200 and you get all that plus a thank you in the credits, $500 and you get all that plus execitive producer credit, etc.

You could tier it with trading cards, extra figure parts and accessories, stickers, maybe different artwork on a backer card only for kickstarter backers, or multiple figures, etc. In this way, some fans might actually essentially preorder for $1,000 instead of just the individual figure cost. They get some extra bonus stuff and the ability to fund the project. You might be able to entirely fund the project with a smaller amount of people because people each will pay what they are willing to pay instead of everyone just paying what a figure costs.

I have seen movies funded, even a graphic novel artist raised over $100,000 to print a book of art.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I'd like to see something new.... like them Zero Commando guys. They'd make good Tac team guys for Supercity.

Don C.

Comment

• drogge
          Career Member
          • Jul 24, 2009

I would contribute to a Kick Starter program but it need to come at Dr. Mego's request.

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by ZICA
            Well, including sharing resources such as factories and produced products (i.e. blank bodies), there's also the advantage of possibly getting a better deal on a licensed property. I'm not going to go into a long drawn out explanation as to how that would work but it is possible.
            Luv what you are writing!
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

well grab ISIS ,she hasnt been taken yet.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                Persistent Member
                • May 26, 2009

If Warner can option 8" and 12" cloth Batman figures to Figures why can't Disney do the same with Marvel since Hasbro abandoned the scale? Remember 2006 9" Spider-Man Origin figures? What about STAR WARS?!

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Lost in Space remains a property that is woefully undervalued. I would love to see someone do a COMPLETE character line. Could you imagine Zica getting this license? Oh wow...

Comment

• jimsmegos
                    Mego Dork
                    • Nov 9, 2008

Originally posted by MIB41
                    Lost in Space remains a property that is woefully undervalued. I would love to see someone do a COMPLETE character line. Could you imagine Zica getting this license? Oh wow...
                    That's a great idea! Plus with the abysmal movie far from the public consciousness now, I think the original could move forward and reclaim its nostalgic nobility.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by MIB41
                      What Tom said... Plus wouldn't it be great to use the Guy Williams John Robinson figure to make a custom Zorro?

What did I just say?! Go make a wave of Walt Disney's Zorro consisting of Zorro, Bernardo, The General and the dumb Sargeant Gonzalez? (I may be messing up with their names as its been a while I watched a Zorro episode...)

Comment

• bgiles73
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 14, 2010

Now would be a great time for Lone Ranger in 8" scale! I'm surprised NECA hasn't done this to recoup some of their loss from the Django Unchained line.

Comment

• LadyZod
                          Superman's Gal Pal
                          • Jan 27, 2007

You know Buffy the Vampire Slayer has a very devoted fandom, even to this day. Toys have been either statue like with limited posebility, or super posable and ugly. Their Sideshow 12 inch were great for some characters and plain ugly on others.

I'd give my eye for some great 8 inch sculpted heads. (I much prefer mold female hair to rooted due to look) Plus, it would finally make for a GOOD mass produced 8 inch female body.

Plus the fun of all the monsters they've fought over the years.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                          Check out my art:
                          Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                          Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• JediJaida
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 14, 2008

How about Pirates of the Carribean? That's still popular, and who doesn't love Johnny Depp?

Okay, you'd lose a bit of detail when it comes to the many layers of his Jack Sparrow costume, but come on! There are ways to streamline clothing and combine pieces together!

Jack Sparrow.

Barbossa.

Heck, I'd even like to see Jack the Monkey!!

Will Turner.

Elizabeth Turner.

Anamaria.

Angelica.

Calypso.

Admiral Norrington.
                            JediJaida

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ While I have always enjoyed the Pirates movies and thoroughly enjoy the Jack Sparrow character (to the point of buying the Hot Toys DX figure), I would probably be nervous about investing in that license at this stage. To say that character is fully saturated in product would be an understatement. Might be hard to move Mego style figures since the novelty has begun to exhaust itself on this series. Not that you and I wouldn't mind a set!

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Well, it would certainly be less expensive per figures than those of Hot Toys.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎