Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rlkrefft
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 14, 2010

I don't think the cost is really that bad. 6" figures are about 15.00 so for 10.00 more I get a great looking 8" figure. All 4 for 100.00. Ok my partner complained a bit about the cost too, I told him if we go one month seeing one less movie at the theater and skipped a meal out just once in that same month we would have saved the 100.00 we can spend on these figures now. I mean I spent 20.00 on Retro Action which had very bad bodies that could not even stand, and chest emblems that would come off or were just put on very sloppy. Not blaming anyone but Mattel for this, but I can't believe the toys coming from Figures Co will be as broken and badly put together as those we got in Retro Action. I have waited 40+ years for these toys and I am sure not gonna complain about them.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

i just pre ordered a couple sets,i love these things,i hope to get them all,and that they are good quality.i plan on getting all their "8" figures
      from Batman Classic,Batman 66,Conan,tarzan,gilligans island,Well its easy to say what i aint getting -Obama & Dallas .and of course i want all the EMCE/BIF BANG POW
      figures.Damn i am just working for retros.but they may cancel some stuff,so its best to just wait and buy what is actually made.still bummed about Vina & Chaple.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 4, 2011

I placed my pre-order for the first set of 4 figures and that got me to thinking. What will these figures do to pricing across the lines? Will vintage figures go up in value? Stay the same? Go down? And what about these new figures? I'm curious what will happen to their price? Based on what I see in the Mattel retro series, where they all seem to have gone up in value to some degree, I'm guessing these will inch upwards as well? Hmmm.....

Comment

• actjac01
          Veteran Member
          • May 17, 2009

I haven't been this excited since the EMCE/Diamond Select Star Trek retro release a few years ago (has it been that long ago already?)
          Go FIGURES TOY COMPANY!
          "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I wouldn't gamble on mass produced items as an investment. Many folks who buy these won't take them out of the package. They won't truly be scarce.

If you are patient and diligent, all the retro Mattel's can be found at or near retail on amazon or eBay, with the possible exception of Wonder Woman, but most of the others can be had for less than retail.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎