Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kerowack
    Career Member
    • Feb 27, 2008

I am going to buy an empty shelf/case in anticipation of the two batman lines. I am absolutely living out my dream license with the 1966 stuff and the Mego reissues are just the icing on the cake.

Only a dick Tracy or arrested develpoment line would even come close to my excitement for the 66 stuff. That line has been my wish since I was 5....

Comment

• VinMan
      Career Member Mego Maniac
      • Sep 6, 2012

Opinions?? Does this add to or decrease the value of original Megos? I can easily see arguments for both sides...

Comment

• TomStrong
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2011

Man I'm gonna have to hav all of them from both series! And a carrying case! Holy accessories Batman.

Comment

• kerowack
          Career Member
          • Feb 27, 2008

Devalues price wise, but not sentiment wise.

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by VinMan
            Opinions?? Does this add to or decrease the value of original Megos? I can easily see arguments for both sides...
            They go down, they spike upwards about a year later. Same pattern Trek commons have followed, and EMCE Treks are stellar.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by David Lee
              It makes sense, I mean if you are gonna tool up why not go all in? The other properties, with the exception of Conan, while kinda cool are not huge. They likely cost a fraction of the BM'66 license. They also get caught up in a "synergistic" wave....Licensor's know this, they want there properties to be sucessful so they get real easy to work with. One of the main questions they ask to likely suitors is what other licenses do you currently have... So, while it seems huge (and it is), it really just make good business sense...

My hat is off to them... I hope they knock it out of the park. If I had one suggestion? it would be to actually come the MM and establish a connection... Doc does it, BBP does it, Craig from ZICA does it, we did it... it would really make a difference IMHO.

Dave
              I would say 1 1/2 suggestions. Establish a connection using a liason who can take the bad commentary along with the good. It is hard to read negative reviews of your work, but if there is constructive criticism to be found, you gots to be able to swing with it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Well, I'm excited. I am a bit skeptical that the quality is going to be up to snuff, with so much product going out the door at once, from a company that has had a dubious rep in that department anyway. But I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope for the best.

One thing that's nagging me, and it's not just on Figures stuff. The 66 Classic style guide drawings of the Joker (by the great Jose Luis Garcia Lopez) show him in a GREEN tux. I've seen this artwork on new 66 T-shirt designs as well. This is of course WAY WRONG. To my knowledge, Joker ownly had a green tux on a few 60s products with limited color palettes. I hope this is corrected before these go to press.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

As for the vintage figures, If they are still on the card or in the box, I don't think the value will suffer at all in the long run. Loose complete ones in excellent shape might not suffer any or much either.

The new figures might bring new collectors in and at some point push prices up if they seek out the originals; however, collectors who would settle for lesser conditions might just stick with the newer versions.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                    Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                    • Mar 3, 2010

Great news. I'm psyched. I hope the quality is there.....
                    Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                      One thing that's nagging me, and it's not just on Figures stuff. The 66 Classic style guide drawings of the Joker (by the great Jose Luis Garcia Lopez) show him in a GREEN tux. I've seen this artwork on new 66 T-shirt designs as well. This is of course WAY WRONG. To my knowledge, Joker ownly had a green tux on a few 60s products with limited color palettes. I hope this is corrected before these go to press.

Chris
                      I think the green is their way of differentiating Jokers for licenses. Honestly. Once I saw it everywhere, it made me think it's a deliberate branding move.

Are any of these deisgns derived from the Filmation '60 cartoons?

Comment

• HardyGirl
                        Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                        • Apr 3, 2007

*insert faint icon here* This is just too wild! I'm gonna go NUTS!!!!
                        "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                        'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                        Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                        If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by TMANSTOYS
                          Dukes and evel .... Yeah !!!!!
                          I knew you were gonna love that news!
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• Figuremod73
                            That 80's guy
                            • Jul 27, 2011

Cant wait to get another copy of Bo Duke. I remember getting him for my 10 birthday in the early '80s. Ive been wanting another copy, but couldnt find one with decent clothes or was to high.

Hope they do a General Lee. I might just display Bo and Luke with a model.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                              Mego obsessed!!!
                              • Jul 20, 2010

As a Batman collector, I am super excited, but worried that my credit card is going to melt!
                              Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                              My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• ovenmitt
                                Persistent Member
                                • May 26, 2009

Since Mattel has the DC license how is Figures able to make the Mego 8" Batman figures? I understand the Classic Batman TV is a seperate license. Does this mean Figures can make the remaining WGSH DC figures and entire DCU? Mego DC New 52 anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎