X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ribefex
    Museum Patron
    • Dec 19, 2008

A very surprising and exciting news!
    If these CTVT lines have the same high quality on clothing, sculpting and painting they achieved with The Munsters or I Love Lucy, then I will be very happy. And completely ruined.
    And, what happened with My Favorite Martian? The Ray Walston prototype I saw here in the forum was exceptional. I hope they continue to work with the same sculptor, specially for the Batman 66 line.

Comment

• garfoot
      Museum Patron
      • Aug 28, 2012

This is wonderful news for all 8" fans. I wish them well in this ambitious endeavor. Being a child of the 1970's, I have my eyes set on the Batman Mego figures. Batman 1966 was before my time so I might pass to save money for my SMDM and Big Bang Theory figures.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

Wow. That is impressive. Hope they can do it all successfully.
        It's all good!

Comment

• Captain
          Fighting the good fight!
          • Jun 17, 2001

Yikes!
          Somebody has been busy!!

Instant toy company.
          "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• drogge
            Career Member
            • Jul 24, 2009

So the tag line included in Retro Batman, and fugures Mego never released. I can not help but wonder what is coming? Are the figures going to only be Batman? Could we see a Hawkman, or Black Canary? This is mind bending, I just hope Figures Company waste no time getting these to market.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

I think it's a Batman-only license right now.

With Marvel and DC, each character has their own licensing world. So if it's Batman-centric, then it appears they've got it.

So classics like Scarecrow and Mr. Freeze, but including Bane and Nightwing..unless WB does some weird split between "New 52" and "Retro".

It could also depend on what parts they can dual-purpose for the '66 line. So Mr. Freeze is a given.

Comment

• megomania
                Persistent Member
                • Jan 2, 2010

This is so cool...it will be an expensive Superhero 2013 in my house!

-Chris

Comment

• SeattleEd
                  SynthoRes Transmigrator
                  • Oct 24, 2007

Originally posted by drogge
                  So the tag line included in Retro Batman, and fugures Mego never released. I can not help but wonder what is coming? Are the figures going to only be Batman? Could we see a Hawkman, or Black Canary? This is mind bending, I just hope Figures Company waste no time getting these to market.
                  So here is what they have in the Press Release:

Batman Retro Action Figures
                  These action figures are exact reproductions of the original ones that were produced by Mego Corp back in the 1970’s. Series one will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker. Future series will include Penguin, Catwoman, Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson, Batgirl and even more characters that Mego never released. Available in 8 inch only.
                  Here is what's on the banner page:

COMING SOON: Batman Retro Action Figures. These action figures are exact reproductions of the original ones that were produced by Mego. Series one will include Batman, Robin, The Riddler & The Joker. Future series will include many more characters that Mego released over the years. Available in 8 inch only.
                  Now I'm wondering which one it will be. Hoping it's the former and not the latter.

This should be an interesting year.

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                    Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                    • Aug 14, 2007

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                    https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• madmarva
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jul 7, 2007

How lucky is figures.com that Mattel didn't release a ton of Batman-related characters. Just Batman and Two Face.

Hope they offset the characters in the two lines after the must-do characters. Would love to see Ventriloquist, Killer Croc, Manbat, Ras al Ghul, Tim Drake, Red Hood Joker, Huntress, the Earth two Robins... The list could go on forever.

What would be cool is if they could use the DC Direct sculpts for the Batman line, like they are using the Mego sculpts. yeah, I know I'm getting out there, but that would be great.

Comment

• rodkeith
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 16, 2008

Boy, did this come out of the blue! Fantastic news. Hope they can live up to all these promised offerings.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 22, 2011

This is awesome news. I for one would buy a series of 8 inch Dallas figures. My wife and I love that show. Sorry... not interested in any 12 inch figures. Now if not for the dissapointing Dark Shadows news it would be a perfect day. Too bad Figures don't have the DS license too.

Comment

• torgospizza
                            Theocrat of Pan Tang
                            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                            Who would have ever thought a licensed Mego Kull would happen?
                            Honestly, this is the figure I'm most excited about (I like Solomon Kane a lot, but am afraid he'll wind up being little more than a kitbash of pirate parts). I mean, everything they're offering is a lot to take in, and I know I'm going to be giving them more money than anyone's gotten from me for ages; still, it's kind of mind blowing. Someone mentioned villains for Conan and Tarzan earlier in the thread--wouldn't a Thoth-Amon or Devourer of Souls be sweet? How about a Bêlit, Valeria, or Zula?

Comment

• RickD
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 31, 2011

I'm actually stoked about the Dallas line.

I loved watching the original series and J.R. was bad *ss!

Comment

• Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by torgospizza
                                --wouldn't a Thoth-Amon or Devourer of Souls be sweet? How about a Bêlit, Valeria, or Zula?
                                Thoth-Amon and Valeria would be awesome.
                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎