X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
    Also, I come on these forums often and am an active participant here. I apologize, but I've never seen anyone ask me a question and me not answer! Oscar and Fembot were delayed by the factory - that's it. They are on the water and are arriving soon. We are easy to contact and are happy to participate in discussions and answer questions - just ask!
    Just for the record... See my question here...

Page four here...

I try and buy my remego's thru the links here to support the Museum when I can but I don't like the way EE forces you to buy two figures when u only want one. A lot of times I want them both anyway, so it's cheaper and better for me however I haven't any interest in a Fembot. Is anyone on here selling Oscar Goldman by

I'm a big supporter to this line and buy multiples of every figure. I also donated one to someone on this board as well. When these figures go well past their street date, I typically say nothing. That's the business. But these have been following a similar pattern to Dark Shadows. So with no response, and the constant changes reflecting a similar pattern to this line which just got cancelled, I'm sure you can appreciate the frustration some of us are expressing. You want me to ask? I have been. I'm a consumer that wants to buy your product. If it's factory that's fine. Life goes on. Just periodic updates helps. We're not going anywhere. I love this line and want you to benefit from that love.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

My comics shop repeatedly tried to order wave 1 without success.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
        Career Member
        • Dec 21, 2009

Excellent. Thank you for your business and for your questions (for the record).

Our goal is to ramp up production to release multiple waves per year, but often these aggressive plans are slowed by talent approval, studio approval, sculpting and factory delays. Our plans continue to be optimistic with our current lines all continuing. There will be more Venture Bros, Six Million Dollar Man, Battlestar Galactica, Twilight Zone, Doctor Who, along with Dexter and The BIg Bang Theory. We've got a lot of product coming! So again, thanks for your business.

Originally posted by MIB41
        Just for the record... See my question here...

Page four here...

I try and buy my remego's thru the links here to support the Museum when I can but I don't like the way EE forces you to buy two figures when u only want one. A lot of times I want them both anyway, so it's cheaper and better for me however I haven't any interest in a Fembot. Is anyone on here selling Oscar Goldman by

I'm a big supporter to this line and buy multiples of every figure. I also donated one to someone on this board as well. When these figures go well past their street date, I typically say nothing. That's the business. But these have been following a similar pattern to Dark Shadows. So with no response, and the constant changes reflecting a similar pattern to this line which just got cancelled, I'm sure you can appreciate the frustration some of us are expressing. You want me to ask? I have been. I'm a consumer that wants to buy your product. If it's factory that's fine. Life goes on. Just periodic updates helps. We're not going anywhere. I love this line and want you to benefit from that love.
        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
        bifbangpow.com
        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks Jason. Sorry for the barking. I'm sure it doesn't help with the frustration you have waiting on it yourself. The unknown makes us all a little cranky. The Dark Shadows cancellation notice today broke the camels back for me. If it helps, just know I will buying plenty of BBP product when it hits the deck...AND promoting it's goodness right here and on Facebook. I'm in your corner. I just punch hard on your shoulder when I get irked.

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 22, 2011

I love your TZ, Doctor Who, SMDM and Galactica figures Jason. I will buy them all. Keep them coming.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
              I would like to comment - not directly about this situation, but about how our company sees this. Prototypes are often free or cost very little. The tooling had not been created yet on these, to my knowledge. The license might also cost very little. So the only factors are the minimum orders imposed by the factories and the pre-order levels. If pre-orders don't meet or come anywhere near minimums, it's just impossible to invest to go to production. So the math is that it would cost tens of thousands of dollars to actually go to production, where the return on that money might only be a few thousand dollars. I don't see how a business can justify this.
              I understand where you're coming from...I guess I incorrectly assumed this late in the game the DS series two figures were pretty much tooled and ready to go. That's why communication is key. If Spectre Toys needed more preorders to go into production, they should have gotten the word out early on. Maybe nothing would have changed, but maybe it would have. People didn't know what was going on with the constant delays, which made many reluctant to preorder, thus ensuring the line WOULDN'T continue.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

Yes!!!! LABZ wrote "more Dexter".
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                  Creature Of The Night
                  • May 14, 2011

Not the least bit surprised, but definitely disappointed.

Had a gut feeling (when I found out the guy behind Spectre is the same guy behind Majestic) that Wave 1 would be the only wave to see the light of day...err...shadows of night. Silly me stayed optimistic though...what is it with me & misplaced optimism when it comes to DS?? I guess I'll never learn .

With all the disappointments, it's not easy being a DS fan. From the cancellation of the original series way back in '71, Night of Dark Shadows, the numerous false starts in syndication, the short-lived revival series, the just out of reach expense of the VHS release in the 90's, the WB resurrection series that never took flight, the years of movie rumours (not to mention the actual movie itself) all the way up through the cancelled products...it's a coaster ride that seems to descend more frequently than it soars.

The bright side is that the entire original series, save one episode, is mine for keeps ...and that is what makes it all worth while!

(Not sure if it's been talked about here but the wood/metal cane prop replica has also been cancelled)

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 22, 2011

I feel your disappointment. I am a big DS fan as well and like you had a feeling series 2 would never see the light of day. After all the lame cancellations of a lot of great Mego style figures over the last couple of years ( Retro Action, ST Vina and Chapel, EMCE POTA, some TZ characters and now DS ) I was beginning to get real discouraged and lose hope. The anouncement of all the great stuff from Figures has given me new hope but I have learned not to get too excited until I actually see a genuine release from a company these days. I have seen too many awesome prototypes over the last couple of years only to hear later..." Sorry... they are cancelled. " or " Sorry... but we won't be producing these after all. " or " Sorry... but there is just not enough support to continue this line. "

Comment

• jonwes
                      Museum Patron
                      • Nov 17, 2011

I must admit, the only figure I was looking forward to was Barnabas. I had planned to snatch him up. But I'm sad for everyone really looking forward to these.

Comment

• Artistix
                        • Apr 9, 2012

**sigh**

Not terribly shocked. But sad.

Guess I'd better find a new avatar.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

And thus begins my long unintended task to find a Barnabus figure and not lose my arse too badly in the process. I seldom ever see him on Ebay, because I'm confident the people who bought him actually wanted him. And the people selling him want some crazy money. Oh well. Typically if it's a newly licensed item in Mego scale I'll buy it early on if I like it and believe the volumes will be limited. I became more interested in Dark Shadows after this figure went off the market, which is why I was hopeful for a second production run of this figure. It was odd that Barnabus was already pretty much off the market when the movie came out. I'm not sure, but I bet Spectre Toys would have garnered better numbers had they been able to take pre-orders months before the movie came out, which could have spiked interest. Hindsight is always 20/20. Here was an interesting article showing the interest in the line long before the movie came out. The frustration in the availability of Barnabus was already there.

Last edited by MIB41; Apr 19, '13, 6:42 AM.

Comment

• HumanWolfman
                            Type3Toys Has Transformed
                            • Oct 5, 2011

I have seen Barnabas pop up for $100-$150 on ebay. I wish I had a few of them. Bought 2 and I opened 1 of them. If you don't have an Angelique, I would get one on EE.
                            View My Customs
                            www.type3toys.com
                            or check here
                            http://megomuseum.com/community/memb...5-HumanWolfman

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

what a rip!,they have you wait for almost a year,and you pre-buy it ,and just before they come out in a month their cancelled !!that sucks.

Comment

• shellhead
                                museum rustpot
                                • Mar 1, 2007

What a drag...
                                Chris

Keepin' it Mego-ey !

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢