Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - First Image Revealed + the Writers interview

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    Wow, Gary Shandling returns. Just like in the comics, even side characters can show up in another character's story.

Chris
    So when I type it a few posts up, nobody cares. But when I post pictures, that's when people comment. Good to know.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

There are so many pics in these threads, it's easy to pass over text sometimes.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

^^ No worry, I was mostly joking.
        sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Plus, more awesome pics!
            Footage and more photos from the Cleveland set of Captain America: The Winter Soldier reveals more of a scene involving gunfire, Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury, and Washington D.C.'s police department!
            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

I'm getting sick of these Marvel "peakaboo Topher Grace face" big scenes where you rarely see the characters with their masks. The majority of the flick has the character without the super hero mask (as seen in comics always) because in reality he or she is a big ....I could care less about Chris Evans or whoever. Just put the mask on and be Captain America and do him justice!

...and who cares about super heroes right? Not. This is why I'm getting sick of these movies based on super heroes.
                Last edited by Cosmicman; May 21, '13, 6:27 PM.
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

SPOILER ALERT!!

Sam Jackson shops at Trader Joes.

This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Last edited by Operation:Mego; Sep 15, '13, 7:33 PM. Reason: Removed bad link.
                        sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

And on the 11th day of filming, he appeared:

^^ Note the silver on his left hand. He does indeed have the robot arm.

They think we’re going to listen.

Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jun 2, '13, 2:59 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

A cool interview with the directors:
                            "We were working on the third season of 'Community,' and we got a call from our agent saying [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige was a big fan of the show and wanted to know if we would come in to talk about the next 'Captain America' movie," said Joe, who was a big comic-book collector as a kid. "I think Kevin had seen the paintball episode we did on 'Community' and thought, these guys should be directing action movies."

The two-part "A Fistful of Paintballs" and "For a Few Paintballs More," a spaghetti Western and "Star Wars" parody with Chevy Chase, Alison Brie and Joel McHale unleashing a fury of paint, aired in May 2011.

The Marvel brain trust has gone against type in hiring directors for its recent spate of films. Indie director Jon Favreau made the first two "Iron Man" movies. Kenneth Brannagh, known for Shakespearean adaptations, tackled "Thor." Joss Whedon came from TV's "Angel" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" to direct "Marvel's The Avengers," which filmed major action scenes in Cleveland in 2011 and went on to become the third-top-grossing movie of all time.

"The one thing Marvel does is think outside the box," said Anthony, "going all the way back to Ang Lee directing the first 'Hulk.' They like to go outside the genre. It's a very smart thing, and it's a way to keep it fresh with audiences." Marvel was talking to several different directors, Anthony added, "but we fell in love with the script and we really wanted to do this film, so we went after it hard and ended up getting it."

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" stars Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson and Robert Redford. The brothers are mum on plot twists, but the film features Captain America battling his former best friend, a brainwashed Bucky Barnes, played by Sebastian Stan, who is now an assassin called the Winter Soldier.

The movie is a stand-alone story, but will incorporate themes from the first "Captain America," as well as "Iron Man 3," this year's box office king, and "Thor: The Dark World," which debuts in November. All of those story lines will then feed into the "Avengers" sequel, due in 2015.

Said Joe, "We grew up on Scorsese and Coppola and '70s crime thrillers. Truffaut was a huge influence on us. 'Shoot the Piano Player' is probably our favorite film. We like absurdist crime films, but we ended up doing comedy for 10 years."

With the chance to make a superhero movie, two things stood out.
                            "One was Captain America," said Joe, "and Kevin said he wanted to do a '70s crime thriller. Those are like our bread and butter. We've probably watched the car chases in 'The French Connection' 50 times, frame by frame."

"The other thing was that even though we're drawn to extremes in the genre, we also like to ground things," said Anthony. "In a way, Captain America is the most grounded of the main Marvel superheroes. He is basically just a man, only more so. He doesn't fly across the sky like Iron Man. He isn't from another world like Thor. He doesn't turn into a green monster."
                            Here's the full interview:
                            "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will be filming in Cleveland through the end of June. Directors and Cleveland natives Anthony and Joe Russo talk about landing in the Marvel universe and what it means to make a movie in their hometown.
                            Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jun 2, '13, 7:50 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Some clearer pictures of Winter Soldier, plus Steve and Natasha in action:

Last edited by Operation:Mego; Jun 4, '13, 3:46 AM. Reason: Pics out of order/Added a new pic
                              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by megoknight
                                Is the guy that played Bucky returning for this movie?
                                Yep, Sebastian Stan. He signed on for 4 - 5 films.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎