Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - First Image Revealed + the Writers interview

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

[QUOTE=knight errant00;1030814][QUOTE=Operation:Mego;1030773]That outfit is from Steve Roger: Super Soldier, which is when he works for S.H.I.E.L.D. (which seems to be the movie's plot too).

Yeah, I knew it was at least similar to one from a somewhat recent storyline.

But to me, it's like putting him in the Nomad or Captain costumes from the past -- it just ain't Cap, even if they put the mask and shield on it (the committee, decisiion, I'll wager) and I still think, unless it's tied specifically to a single sequence or so in the movie (Cap gets another costume because someone in charge at SHIELD thinks his regular outfit is too "old-fashioned" or something), he needs to have a recognizable Captain America costume with the essential elements -- star on his chest, wings and A on his head, stripes on his abdomen, shield -- for him to be Captain America.
    I actually like the change (it looks much better than the concept art, that’s for sure). As far as being practical, the red-white and blue design sticks out like a sore thumb. But the navy-blue outfit feels more like a sleuth-spy outfit. Though I think it might look better if they used the red gloves/boots from The Avengers outfit. However, these opinions are based only on a few crappy quality pictures, leaked from the set. I’ll wait until official promo pics and the trailer comes out to form an official opinion.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• knight errant00
      8 Inch Action Figure
      • Nov 15, 2005

Yes, as I said, if it's a plot point or secret mission suit or some such thing, I'm OK with him wearing it for part of the movie. I don't even mind the almost BDU look of the new suit in the set pics. It's really just the discarding of the essential look of the character that bugs me. Cap needs to look like cap -- even if you took either of his first two suits from the other movies and darkened them (after all, the real blue on the US flag is quite dark). But for a guy who's a symbol, who's supposed to represent an ideal -- he needs the bold suit, stripes and all, IMHO.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

New concept art:
        sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Deleted/reposted.
          Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 4, '13, 6:14 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Also, an interview with Kevin Feige:
            In the new edition of Entertainment Weekly, now available at newsstands and on your tablet, Marvel [...]

sigpic

Comment

• Brazoo
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 14, 2009

I assume Falcon is going to have some kind of wing contraption added in post? Right now he kinda looks like a Ghostbuster.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by Brazoo
                I assume Falcon is going to have some kind of wing contraption added in post? Right now he kinda looks like a Ghostbuster.
                That's what I was thinking too. It looks incomplete otherwise.
                sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Which Widow look do you prefer?
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Scarlett could be bald for all I care, she always looks good. Glad it looks like Zola's the villain. Hope there is no appeasement of the Chinese film board for this one.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      Scarlett could be bald for all I care, she always looks good. Glad it looks like Zola's the villain. Hope there is no appeasement of the Chinese film board for this one.
                      You got that right. Yes, I was quite diasppointed with The Mandarin twist...what a let-down.
                      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Comic book writer Ed Brubaker was as surprised as the fans were when Marvel announced the title of 2014's Captain America sequel. The film's title, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, directly references Brubaker's work on the title and his biggest contribution to the Marvel Universe -- the return of Bucky Barnes as the Winter Soldier.

Paste magazine caught up with Brubaker and found out just how involved he is with the film.

"It's definitely out of my hands," Brubaker says, laughing. "But no, I got to go out to Marvel Studios a couple months ago and read one of the later drafts of the script. I went out to dinner with [directors Joe and Anthony Russo] and talked about the project and gave them feedback on what I liked or didn't like or what parts didn't work. I mean, the script I read was [frick]ing fantastic. It was the best Marvel movie."
                        sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Apparently, Robert Redford let a plot-twist slip out during a recent interview. I didn't read it, but supposedly it's a doozy.
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

that Redford thing would be cool. This movie is really shaping up to the best of the current Marvel movies. Batroc, Zola and Crossbones, too!!
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                                Verbose Member
                                • Mar 7, 2004

This pic makes it look like Scarlet REALLY needs to wax her arms!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎