Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - First Image Revealed + the Writers interview

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Bleechh. New costume = blah.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
      I'm the Star Spangled Man
      • May 21, 2011

About the role, St-Pierre elaborated, "My character is a French mercenary, speaks French, a martial arts expert of savate (a form of kick-boxing), and an Olympic lifting champion. He is a little bit like a guy who can jump really high and stuff... he's called a leaper. The character fit me well."
      Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 12, '13, 1:48 AM.
      sigpic
      The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Timothy2251
        I'd just keep the costume from The Avengers. It worked fine, no need to re-invent the wheel.
        That never seems to happen. Even iconic characters who don't seem to change, like Indiana Jones, get redesigns in every movie.

My guess is the new look is something they count on for extra publicity, and in this case it probably helps push the new licensed merch too.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Brazoo
          My guess is the new look is something they count on for extra publicity, and in this case it probably helps push the new licensed merch too.
          I agree. I think costumes changes have more to do with merchandise reasons than artistic ones. Look at Iron Man. Hot Toys is having a field day selling every variation of that outfit.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Seems like Widow's hair is long again.
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

So, looks like that's his costume. Hmm. I didn't like his first movie costume until I actually saw the film, so I'll reserve judgement. Maybe this is a semi-stealth gear? I hope we see a more traditional suit too.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

I think it looks great, much better than the concept art page design. I'm assuming it'll be like a spy/sleulth outfit, though if it's for the entire more I'll be more than okay with that too.

Also, here's Falcon's outfit.

Looks partially like his Ultimate design, and there's a cool nod to Cap's WWII outfit with the shoulder pad armor.
                Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 2, '13, 12:57 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

And nobody likes Sitwell:

It started out so nice...

...then he had to go and open his mouth.

Here's a site with A LOT of pics of this scene:
                  Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 3, '13, 11:31 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

At least cap's mask looks better than the Avengers costume.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

The Falcon looks like a Expendables reject. I hope they put a little more thought into these heroes besides making them all look generic hit men. Sheesh. A little comics resemblance would be nice. I do like the fact they're going back to the old cap mask from the first film. Nice to see his ears coming out. Now if they can just raise the wing design ever so slightly on the helmet to give it shape, we might have something here.
                      Last edited by MIB41; May 2, '13, 7:02 AM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Looks like Widow is going for the straight hair look here. So they can make a different Hot Toys figure!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                          8 Inch Action Figure
                          • Nov 15, 2005

The new costume is almost enough to make me not want to see the movie.

You can redesign, massage, and tweak it, but that suit doesn't say "Captain America" at all. It looks like a committee redesign to try to create a less distinctly American look for the character, probably out of a combination of their recent (and from what I understand numbers-wise, basically unfounded) worries about overseas audiences' reaction to such a character combined with an overly-PC worry about him seeming too "jingoistic" or some other nonsense.

He's Captain America. If you're worried about all that, make a different movie with a different character.
                          Last edited by knight errant00; May 2, '13, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                            A Ray of Sunshine
                            • Jun 17, 2001

Wow, both Cap and the Falcon's costumes totally suck :(

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by knight errant00
                              The new costume is almost enough to make me not want to see the movie.

You can redesign, massage, and tweak it, but that suit doesn't say "Captain America" at all. It looks like a committee redesign to try to create a less distinctly American look for the character, probably out of a combination of their recent (and from what I understand numbers-wise, basically unfounded) worries about overseas audiences' reaction to such a character combined with an overly-PC worry about him seeming too "jingoistic" or some other nonsense.

He's Captain America. If you're worried about all that, make a different movie with a different character.
                              That outfit is from Steve Rogers: Super Soldier, which is when he works for S.H.I.E.L.D. (which seems to be the movie's plot too).
                              Last edited by Operation:Mego; May 3, '13, 1:11 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• knight errant00
                                8 Inch Action Figure
                                • Nov 15, 2005

[QUOTE=Operation:Mego;1030773]That outfit is from Steve Roger: Super Soldier, which is when he works for S.H.I.E.L.D. (which seems to be the movie's plot too).[QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew it was at least similar to one from a somewhat recent storyline.

But to me, it's like putting him in the Nomad or Captain costumes from the past -- it just ain't Cap, even if they put the mask and shield on it (the committee, decisiion, I'll wager) and I still think, unless it's tied specifically to a single sequence or so in the movie (Cap gets another costume because someone in charge at SHIELD thinks his regular outfit is too "old-fashioned" or something), he needs to have a recognizable Captain America costume with the essential elements -- star on his chest, wings and A on his head, stripes on his abdomen, shield -- for him to be Captain America.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎