Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - First Image Revealed + the Writers interview

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - First Image Revealed + the Writers interview

Speaking with Collider, the screenwriters revealed things have changed since the "anything goes" period back in 2011. "We were heading down a particular road that had a few more generous flashbacks, and we didn’t go quite down that road," McFeely said. Frankly, [Marvel Studios President] Kevin Feige came in and said like two words and we went “Oh, those are two really good words. Let’s go that way.” I mean I’m very pleased with where we’ve ended up."

Another major development with the project is the inclusion of Black Widow, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent played by Scarlett Johansson in both Iron Man 2 and The Avengers. In her time in the Marvel Cinematic Universe she hasn't had a great deal of experience working with Steve Rogers a.k.a. Captain America (Chris Evans), but reading the writers' ideas about how their personalities will somewhat clash is quite interesting, particularly in her modernity and his old school ways.

"[Black Widow is] a great—both in attitude and in profession—a great contrast to Steve Rogers," Markus told the site. "She’s incredibly modern, not very reverent, and just very straightforward whereas Steve is, you know a man from the 40s. He’s not a boy scout, but he is reserved and has a moral center, whereas her moral center moves."

But while the script has changed since its earliest stages, the writers say that what they have has actually been nailed down for a good amount of time (which is a good thing considering that production on the sequel began on Monday). Added McFeely, "Anything we do these days is really about, 'Well that’s a door and we need a window,' as opposed to big stuff. And then there will be stuff for cast, so we’ve had the privilege of going 'Alright now that it’s Robert Redford, what does that mean?' And so that was great."

Here's the full article:
    Just like any film that makes its way through the Hollywood system, getting notes from executives, producers, directors and everyone in between, Captain America: The Winter Solider has certainly evolv
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
    • May 21, 2011

Plus, is this Cap's new uniform?

Here's the link:
    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

I saw this image the other day and it just doesn't say "Captain America" to me. I think that he would be fine with a slightly less bulky version of WWII outfit and, for the benefit of the movies, just get rid of the mask!!!! I've come to the conclusion that no matter WHAT you do with it, the mask is just gonna look silly on film, although he looks a LITTLE less silly with his ears exposed than he did in the AVENGERS cowl....
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

I'd just keep the costume from The Avengers. It worked fine, no need to re-invent the wheel.
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

I'm hoping, that is just unused concept art....

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>I saw this image the other day and it just doesn't say "Captain America" to me.

Yeah.... it has more of a "Fighting American" vibe. Ironicly enough.

Don C.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Maybe it's just a costume he'll wear for a certain mission, and not for the entire movie.
              sigpic

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

One thing that's bothered me about a lot of the mroe recent iterations of Cap's costume.... be it cartoon, comic ro film.... is that he doesn't have any insignia denoting him AS a captain. Looking at this costume, the stripes across his chest bend down at the shoulder, making him look like Corporal America. (Although the star would make him MasterCorporal America.... if the US had MasterCorporals.)

Don C.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by ctc
                  Hmmmm....

One thing that's bothered me about a lot of the mroe recent iterations of Cap's costume.... be it cartoon, comic ro film.... is that he doesn't have any insignia denoting him AS a captain. Looking at this costume, the stripes across his chest bend down at the shoulder, making him look like Corporal America. (Although the star would make him MasterCorporal America.... if the US had MasterCorporals.)

Don C.
                  Actually, the silver stripes on the shoulders of Captain America's uniform have two indents in them which look like a pair of vertical standing silver bars. The U.S. Army insignia for denoting a captain is two vertical silver bars.
                  sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

seems like it would be more prominent than that. That looks more like noodly design fluff.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

I guess Chris Evans is trying to get out of his mask. This costume would be the obvious path to do that.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

My greatest concern is his outfit is getting so "teched" out, that he's becoming more of a Stark product and less his own character. Pretty soon you won't be able to tell much difference between him and the Iron Patriot. I do hope they add a little color to the back of his costume. It's all been pretty much just one color. I think the red and white should go all the way around him.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

The premise:
                          Following the events of the The Avengers, Steve Rogers struggles to adjust to the modern world and must partner with Natasha Romanoff to fight a powerful yet covert enemy in Washington, D.C.

Screenwriter Christopher Markus said that Black Widow was a "great contrast" to Captain America, describing her as "incredibly modern, not very reverent, and just very straightforward whereas Steve is, you know a man from the 40s. He’s not a boy scout, but he is reserved and has a moral center, whereas her moral center moves."
                          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Also, it was reported that Nick Fury's origin will be explored.
                            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Ed Brubaker says CA:TWS Draft Indicates ‘Marvel’s Best Movie.’
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎