X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by LadyZod
    That video is awesome. the only thing that takes me out of it is GI Joe, and He-Man... since both cartoons came about from the toylines.

How does Mego get the rights to He-Man, when the Mattel owns it hook line and sinker? Same as GI Joe.

I need my fiction anchored in some science here.
    The catalog is called 1983 IMAGINED. How about imagining Mattel was one that went out of business and not Mego?
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

Sean has tackled he-Man, beast man and skeletor if they're something you think fits.
      I have the 18" vintage Kenner Alien figure - I could break it down, scan it, shrink it to Mego-scale maybe.

Comment

• Timothy2251
        Jerks beef with Ten Bears
        • Mar 15, 2008

Originally posted by megowgsh
        The catalog is called 1983 IMAGINED. How about imagining Mattel was one that went out of business and not Mego?
        Mind... BLOWN. I wish to visit this alternate 1983, where Mego took a chance on Star Wars and became the dominant force in action figures. To the TARDIS!
        "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• megowgsh
          Customego HoF Curator
          • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by Timothy2251
          Mind... BLOWN. I wish to visit this alternate 1983, where Mego took a chance on Star Wars and became the dominant force in action figures. To the TARDIS!
          Now THAT'S the spirit!!!!

Comment

• GeekyVixen
            • Jun 14, 2011

Oh wow, now I really want a Mego Magnum, PI. Great job!
            I pity the fool who doesn't appreciate a geeky girl.

Comment

• Jason73
              Correctamundo!
              • Jan 11, 2009

That was a lot of fun to watch.
              Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                Career Member
                • Jul 30, 2012

Kind of surprised our little buddy Action Jackson wasn't featured. Thinking Mego would've re-introduced the line to compete with Hasbro's GI Joe A Real American Hero. Forgot about Tron. Could've seen Mego altering either the ST:TMP or Buck Rogers 3.75" molds for an action figure line.

Comment

• Mego Marauder
                  • Dec 9, 2014

Neat concept on the video but I don't think Mego would have put out a promotional video consisting of nothing but ideas and TV clips. Would be supercool to see that same video content replaced with custom figures and a voiceover announcer like the original mego presentations.

Comment

• Captain
                    Fighting the good fight!
                    • Jun 17, 2001

Cool video!

Great ideas too. Mego did plan Rocky figures, which PAC/ Phoenix ended up producing. This has been thrown around in the past, and I agree with the theory that LJNs Magnum PI figure was probably a Mego designed toy. I always felt Tri-Stars MASH line was a Mego salvage as well.
                    im positive they would have snatched up the ATeam as well. Most likely in 3 3/4".
                    WWF?-- why not? They did ( well PAC did) Hogans Thunderlips character from Rocky..... Wouldn't take much of a leap to expand the figure style into wrestlers.
                    Trek II---- that would have been FANTASTIC!!!
                    "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 18, 2015

Just wanted to point out that G.I. Joe A Real American Hero may not exist in this alternate reality, because Mego made the Star Wars line in 8 inch form, they may not have decided to discontinue the Super Joe line. Perhaps kids would have stayed intrested in Super Joe because it would go well with their Mego Star Wars figures. Just a theory, though.
                      The hands that grip.

Comment

• nazgul
                        Lord of Light
                        • May 2, 2011

I have a few Super Joe customs exploring this idea...here's a link...

So this one has been a long time in the making for me...just took awhile to get the parts I wanted to use for him! I started creating Super Joe characters that I figured Hasbro might have done back in the day, if they had come out with another series. My thought is that Hasbro might have recycled the Adventure Team characters,
                        You will always be your child's favorite toy. ~Vicki Lansky

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 18, 2015

Gee, whatever happened to this project? It was a pretty cool concept.
                          The hands that grip.

Comment

• megowgsh
                            Customego HoF Curator
                            • Nov 19, 2003

Originally posted by TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
                            Gee, whatever happened to this project? It was a pretty cool concept.
                            DOA

Especially since FTC and others started releasing so many figures that were going to be in this catalog. I like to think that this project was the inspiration for the Mego Renaissance we are experiencing now.

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin

Comment

• bobws
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 13, 2008

Too Bad !!!! Even with FTC's stuff coming out the catalog would have been fun. I would love to see a new catalog representing MEGO's advancing lines every five years until it came back. About 8 catalogs, imagine all the characters that could have been come up with from our community. Figures we still don't have, whole teams of superheroes and TV shows. My mind blows at all the possibilities.
                              "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎