Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brannon86
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jul 20, 2007

Thanks guys. Its good to know Im not alone in this, ha. I was just wondering.

Comment

• Sweep Secondhand
      Museum Super Collector
      • May 18, 2007

Originally posted by nvmbrsdoom5
      I basically agree with the above sentiment. People have often looked at me like I'm nuts because I spend my time and money on "kiddie toys".
      It's funny but I usually get exactly the opposite reaction when people see my toys. Most of them are outside the main traffic areas of the house but I do have one display case full of G.I. Joes and Action Man figures in the den and I rotate some other items on the top of that like a Matt Mason moon base with figures and vehicles. I hosted a going away party for a co-worker a few years ago and ended up with a number of people from work I did not know well and spouses I had never met in my home. Within the first half hour, half the guests had moved away from the party area and assembled in my den. They were busy looking over that case, asking questions, and telling stories about their childhood toys and what became of them. It was the ice breaker to end all ice breakers and I made a couple of new friends out of it.
      - Sweep

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

I feel it just takes me back to a time when there were no worries. My Mom was the one who would by my Megos for me. So I get a rush of memories when I hold or sit and look at my collection....and like Sweep said I's an icebreaker in my house people will come over and look at the collection and get a great kick out of it.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎