X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

Saw Elton John last night!!!!

One of the greatest concerts I have ever attended. He played 2 1/2 hours non-stop. His tour just started and if you get the chance, go see him

Last edited by theantiquetiger; Mar 30, '13, 2:24 PM.
    sigpic
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Those are some fantastic shots. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a fan, though his best songs and vocal melodies came from his musical(not life) partner Bernie Taupin. He's probably the best lyricist in music history. They are the best singer/songwriter duo I've heard.

And, just like an episode of Family Guy...I also like Barry Manilow. There, I said it. I suppose me being a Styx fan completes the trifecta.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• madmarva
      Talkative Member
      • Jul 7, 2007

Great shots. You must have had some close seats. He's an excellent performer and I like a great deal of his work, particularly from the early 70s. He's a good sport too. While playing a show in Little Rock, Arkansas, he came out wearing a Hog Hat, a large, red, plastic hat shaped like a running Razorback Hog, the University of Arkansas mascot, which is wild for anyone who lives outside of Arkansas, even Elton John.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by madmarva
        Great shots. You must have had some close seats. He's an excellent performer and I like a great deal of his work, particularly from the early 70s. He's a good sport too. While playing a show in Little Rock, Arkansas, he came out wearing a Hog Hat, a large, red, plastic hat shaped like a running Razorback Hog, the University of Arkansas mascot, which is wild for anyone who lives outside of Arkansas, even Elton John.
        I put seeing Elton John up there with the likes of seeing The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, etc.

He plays apt of his old 70's music from "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" album.

The last shot was basically our view. The close up was when I walked down to about the 10th row and grabbed a shot. I was using a Canon 60D with a 18-135 EFS lens. It was a small venue, only 13,000 people.

I don't know if its coincidence, but he wore that purple and gold outfit (LSU colors).

I'm not sure if I was supposed to have that camera there or not. I called ahead and they said "no professional cameras or lenses". Mine is borderline, but more advance non-professional equipment than professional equipment. I didn't see any one else with SLR's in the venue.
        Last edited by theantiquetiger; Mar 30, '13, 8:04 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Looks like he has a busy schedule for the rest of the year: http://www.eltonjohn.com/tour/
          Last edited by Figuremod73; Mar 30, '13, 8:16 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

how awesome--I didn't realize he still toured.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
              Career Member
              • Jul 30, 2012

His best stuff was during the 70's and 80's, IMO. I admit that the Gibb brothers(even Andy) had some decent tunes.

Comment

• Hotfoot
                Dazed and Confused
                • Dec 30, 2007

Took me forever but I saw him with Billy Joel a few years ago. His albums started me on collecting records back in the 70's!
                Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

pretty cool...but not something I'd pay to watch..
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• HardyGirl
                    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                    • Apr 3, 2007

Awesome! Elton rocks! One of my all time faves is Crocodile Rock!
                    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                      • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
                      pretty cool...but not something I'd pay to watch..
                      One of the most entertaining concerts I've ever been to. I like his music, not a super fan, and these tickets were for my wife (Valentines gift), but sure am glad I went now. The dude can jam.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎