Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where do Big Jim collectors congregate?

I guess because of the cultural changes, it may be hard to ever get Big Jim back as he first appeared. I think the social messaging is so warped today that people would take him out of context. And that's too bad. He was just a 70's jock/outdoors sportsman. And most kids today can not relate with that being most sit deaf in front of a video game. Big Jim just really illustrates how different play time was for us as kids versus casual times for kids today. Two different worlds entirely.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MIB41 View Post
    I guess because of the cultural changes, it may be hard to ever get Big Jim back as he first appeared. I think the social messaging is so warped today that people would take him out of context. And that's too bad. He was just a 70's jock/outdoors sportsman. And most kids today can not relate with that being most sit deaf in front of a video game. Big Jim just really illustrates how different play time was for us as kids versus casual times for kids today. Two different worlds entirely.
    Actually, Big Jims Pack would still do well as a covert rescue team. Modernize the look, make a CGI action TV show throw it on the Hub...and you may have a hit once again....it's not that hard.....

Check out these cool modern 12 customs

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...last-past.html

Images
    Those are some great Big Jim Wolf Pack customs! That guy paid great homage.

I'm actually a member of that site, but I just don't visit too often, these days.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    Where do Big Jim collectors congregate? Everyone knows that... over in the BIG GYM!

Dave

Images
    Blog Entries
    lol That would be a great site name.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I had a Big Jim growing up. I remember taking him to kindergarten for show and tell and one of the other kids showed me the button on his back! I had no idea he could do awesome karate chops!

I really wanted the PACK but for some reason never got any of them.

I would love to collect Big Jim but spend more than enough money on Mego, Gi Joe, Hot Wheels, etc., I don't need to add another toy to collect- I know I will one day though.

Hi everybody!
    I'm the old owner of an italian Big-Jim forum, Brian know me very well and he was mine member in the past.
    I started only with italians people but in few time I understand the important of a multilanguage forum and I asked expressly to write in italian and the same things in english for to invite no italian people to join us.
    I found a lot of french people, some germans and three americans. I continued with my ideas for many years, but some problems in my life, job and family, forced me to think first to other things and leave the forum. I'm came back three months ago 'cause I solved many problems in my life and now it's all almost ok.
    If Brian need an expert in Big-Jim I'm here to help!!! :-D

Images
    Blog Entries
    Welcome! Thank you for the introduction--I'm Trying to broaden both my knowlwdge & collection of Big Jim.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Hey everybody !
    I'm just new here. I couldn't find any presentation section.
    My main collection is about Big Jim but I also collect many toys from my childhood.
    I am also administrator of the French Big Jim forum : THE place where Big Jim fans gather. We're almost 350.

http://big-jim-fr.max2forum.com/

We are working together to collect every single detail about the toyline.
    Always need some members. Especially US members.

Images
    big jim buy sell trade facebook group just started for those interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8774...group_activity