Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I guess because of the cultural changes, it may be hard to ever get Big Jim back as he first appeared. I think the social messaging is so warped today that people would take him out of context. And that's too bad. He was just a 70's jock/outdoors sportsman. And most kids today can not relate with that being most sit deaf in front of a video game. Big Jim just really illustrates how different play time was for us as kids versus casual times for kids today. Two different worlds entirely.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
      I guess because of the cultural changes, it may be hard to ever get Big Jim back as he first appeared. I think the social messaging is so warped today that people would take him out of context. And that's too bad. He was just a 70's jock/outdoors sportsman. And most kids today can not relate with that being most sit deaf in front of a video game. Big Jim just really illustrates how different play time was for us as kids versus casual times for kids today. Two different worlds entirely.
      Actually, Big Jims Pack would still do well as a covert rescue team. Modernize the look, make a CGI action TV show throw it on the Hub...and you may have a hit once again....it's not that hard.....

Check out these cool modern 12 customs

A forum community dedicated to One-Sixth scale action figure owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, kitbashs, customizations, displays, models, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

Those are some great Big Jim Wolf Pack customs! That guy paid great homage.

I'm actually a member of that site, but I just don't visit too often, these days.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• David Lee
          The Fix-it-up Chappie
          • Jun 10, 2002

Where do Big Jim collectors congregate? Everyone knows that... over in the BIG GYM!

Dave

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

lol That would be a great site name.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Saroyan
              Persistent Member
              • Oct 4, 2011

I had a Big Jim growing up. I remember taking him to kindergarten for show and tell and one of the other kids showed me the button on his back! I had no idea he could do awesome karate chops!

I really wanted the PACK but for some reason never got any of them.

I would love to collect Big Jim but spend more than enough money on Mego, Gi Joe, Hot Wheels, etc., I don't need to add another toy to collect- I know I will one day though.

Comment

• haran_banjo_
                • Feb 23, 2009

Hi everybody!
                I'm the old owner of an italian Big-Jim forum, Brian know me very well and he was mine member in the past.
                I started only with italians people but in few time I understand the important of a multilanguage forum and I asked expressly to write in italian and the same things in english for to invite no italian people to join us.
                I found a lot of french people, some germans and three americans. I continued with my ideas for many years, but some problems in my life, job and family, forced me to think first to other things and leave the forum. I'm came back three months ago 'cause I solved many problems in my life and now it's all almost ok.
                If Brian need an expert in Big-Jim I'm here to help!!! :-D

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Welcome! Thank you for the introduction--I'm Trying to broaden both my knowlwdge & collection of Big Jim.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Big Tibo
                    • Oct 25, 2013

Hey everybody !
                    I'm just new here. I couldn't find any presentation section.
                    My main collection is about Big Jim but I also collect many toys from my childhood.
                    I am also administrator of the French Big Jim forum : THE place where Big Jim fans gather. We're almost 350.

We are working together to collect every single detail about the toyline.
                    Always need some members. Especially US members.
                    http://big-jim-fr.max2forum.com/

Comment

• starsky
                      veteran member
                      • Aug 26, 2007

big jim buy sell trade facebook group just started for those interested.

This page is dedicated to Mattel's Big Jim action figure. All lines including the Karl May Western figures. Foreign and Domestic. Member's are welcome to post photos of their collection for show and...

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                        Persistent Member
                        • Oct 3, 2007

What I need is a site with a good US check list. I had a big Jim as a child and apparently the foreign Jim's came with different gear then the US versions. My first childhood Jim was the orange pelvis version and had orange trunks.
                        The accessories I recall with him are the trunks, karate board, black dumbbell, the muscle armband and some paperwork or little catalog's in the box.
                        Later I got an all star Jim and I think he only came with the Olympic metal around his neck.
                        I'd be the first to admit m memory is not the greatest but I do not recall any of my Big Jim's containing a shot- put like the foreign Big Jim sites show. US probably didn't have this due to the choking hazard.
                        Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                        MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

The Gold medal figures came with a promotional card, an iron-on patch, and a sealed baggie containing a gold medal, a chromed arm-band, a black dumbbell, and a black shot-put. I have a Big Jack in that issue, with the red, white, and blue Olympic trunks and open hands.

Comment

• ddgaff1132
                            Persistent Member
                            • Oct 3, 2007

Thank you PNGwynne That helped a bit. Does anyone know if the European releases of Big Jim differed from the US releases? I hate to go looking for accessories blindly only to find US and Europe Jim releases differed. If all were the same I can at least use the many foreign Big Jim pages as reference.
                            Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
                            MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• spidertick
                              • Apr 7, 2013

European releases were different from the US sets. Lots more choices. I am putting up pics of the backs from some of the outfits I have.Some of the figures from Europe had gripping hands.

Comment

• Big Tibo
                                • Oct 25, 2013

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                                The Gold medal figures came with a promotional card, an iron-on patch, and a sealed baggie containing a gold medal, a chromed arm-band, a black dumbbell, and a black shot-put. I have a Big Jack in that issue, with the red, white, and blue Olympic trunks and open hands.
                                Actually, there were different releases. The most commun came with the iron-on patch plus fill-in paperwork that could make you win a real size olympuc medal. There is another version that did not came with this extra stuff. Only the figure with the medal, armband and dumbell (I have to check it again but I guess this is it). Boxed are easy to compare : the first one has a huge olympic logo on the front box, the second one has not.
                                http://big-jim-fr.max2forum.com/

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎